What's new

Rumor - Fun Spot Ameirca - Chance Hyper GT-X

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
So....well, Fun Spot America has now opened their new Gator Spot area, operated by Gatorland (no coaster :(). I visited it a few days ago during the pass-holder previews and made a mini-TR on my blog here - http://amusementparkstuff.blogspot.com/ ... -spot.html - Its a nice little area and Fun Spot still has 'a lot' of land to expand with.

And if you're too lazy to click the link, here are a few photos.
IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5612.JPG

IMG_5630.JPG

woo

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
No, in fact they did announce a new coaster was in the works! But based off the info, it seems more like a SkyRocket II model. Saying it would be taller than the other coasters but shorter in track. They also show a future expansion on their map in park.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/canobiefan/20330151516/

Among the new additions for the new area it will likely include a new dark ride themed to a trip to Florida. The Florida themed dark ride is part of the larger focus on keeping guest in the park during the afternoon rain showers. Other new rides are rumored to include a second roller coaster, a Dumbo-style spinner and a log flume. The roller coaster will be taller than the other two but with a short ride time. A new hotel is also rumored to be added to the park in the coming years

So I guess we just wait and see what happens.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^The park in Orlando, just off I-Drive. It has a large plot of land between the current park and Interstate 4 set aside for expansion. The park in Kissimmee doesn't have room for that kind of expansion.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
caffeine_demon said:
That reminds me of something, and I can't think what!! :redhotevil:

It reminds me of Pinocchio's nose when he's lying, was that what you were thinking of?

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
Am I the only one who thinks a skyrush clone is semi likely for this park? Skyrush is defiantly taller than white lightning and freedom flyer, and is shorter than both (a few seconds shorter than both). The only thing that can make this theory any less plausible than the skyrocket 2 model theory is if they don't have enough space/money.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Have you been to either park? SkyRush would take up more than half the park. And that's waaay too much money and maintenance for a park like this. A Chance Hyper GTX at most, maybe a Sky Rocket II.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Superbatboy

Roller Poster
Yeah the GTX, Sky Rocket II, or even launched El Loco seem like the most obvious choices. Can't wait to see what they've chosen. Any idea on when an announcement might be made?

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
^Have you been to either park? SkyRush would take up more than half the park. And that's waaay too much money and maintenance for a park like this. A Chance Hyper GTX at most, maybe a Sky Rocket II.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk
Good point. I didn't really pay attention to how much attention on how much space skyrush took up as I was either hanging on for dear life while trying to keep my body composure, and while I was in the line/a path near one of the elements I wasn't really paying attention. After I posted it I watched a POV of it and realized that skyrush wouldn't fit. Oh well, maybe if fun spot somehow gets enough land to get a skyrush clone, and enough money, but for now it's a wet dream.
I would love for them to get a skyrocket 2. Those are pretty fun. If they get a Chance hyper GTX it would be awesome if it had a beyond vertical drop that twists like kärnan/Expedition Geforce. They could also give it a elevator lift/vertical lift hill (which probably won't happen). I wonder when the coaster's layout will be announced.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I need to check when I get home on Friday but I'm pretty sure I have something from IAAPA last year saying S&S had sold 2 of their launched El Loco coasters to the USA. We know where one is but not the other one so It's not a bad possibility here.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
New artwork! http://www.inparkmagazine.com/falcons-fun-spot/

Fun-Spot-MP-Aerial-View-1.jpeg

Shows off there will indeed be a new coaster! Also looks like the park will be adding a water park after all (was shown in old artwork years ago) also shows a flume, chance aviator, Gravitron, new swings, a drop tower, Wipeout, and Ferris wheel being relocated.

Fun-Spot-MP-Aerial-View-2.jpeg

Edited to embed concept artwork - ECG