What's new

Rollercoasters that you wanted to ride, but got dismantled.

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: Rollercoasters that you wanted to ride, but got dismantl

UC said:
And with the personal bragging about nabbing credits, My last rides on the Chiller were the last days before it closed permanently. Batman side operated the day before the ride experienced issues and was closed. Robin was the day before. The odd thing I find about it was that Robin was the most reliable side, yet Batman was the last side to operate for the public and was basically the sacrificial lamb for nearly 10 years.

As far as I know, Batman Chiller never operated for the public with the rolls removed. Only Robin did. Robin's train was damaged, however, so they took a few cars from Batman's train to run on the Robin side (and repainted them to match)...but Batman never had a full train after the rolls were removed and thus never operated.

So I'm not sure what you're talking about, as Robin was the last side to operate before the ride was closed permanently.

Are you talking about before the rolls were removed?

Yes before the rolls were removed, wording is absolute garbage and I'm sorry about that. Batman was the sacrificial lamb for the entire lifespan of the ride as a whole. The entire Batman train was moved to the Robin side in 2007 and repainted red, after the incident with Robin the year before (when the rolls were still there) while Great Adventure was waiting for two replacement cars to be finished and shipped for the other train. Batman's LIMs were also moved between itself and Robin on the spikes (which had caused valleying issues in 2004), and due to that Batman didn't operate at all in the the 2005 season. Duane is actually wrong on RCDB, too. Both Robin and Batman had 7 LIMs until the incident in 2004, after that the park steadily moved Batman's LIMs over to Robin basically as replacement pieces. At the beginning of 2006 both Batman and Robin were down to 3 apiece on their spikes.

Robin opened with the park in 2006 and Batman followed the first weekend of May, operating only on weekends until Memorial Day and then every day until June 5th when Robin had the wheel bogie issue (a total of 20-something days, I think). I rode Batman on June 5th, just a few minutes before that incident happened (The odd thing was that Robin was open a lot less in the 2006 season after Batman finally opened, which considering the track record of the ride Robin was supposed to operate more, which I described poorly in the previous post). After the ride was closed for the rest of the year and the season ended, Batman's entire train was exchanged over to the Robin side while the two damaged cars from the Robin train were sent to Premier for refurbishment (the remaining 3 stayed on the Batman side in the maintenance bay). Robin opened at some point in April (not with the park) while Batman's track was still being finished and then the final incident happened very late June/early July, which is believed to be the same thing as the 2006 incident. Then the ride was steadily dismantled and shipped to a farm in Plumsted, NJ waiting for someone to hopefully buy it.

TilenB

Strata Poster

Ok, I would really want to go in the past to ride these:
1. Sierra Tonante - I remember it, when I was 8 years old, and I wasn't meeting the age restriction, which was set at 12 years. I re-visited the park, when I was 12, but iSpeed was already standing in its place. I know that it was probably badly made, but still
2. Eagle Fortress - I know it isn't tehnically removed yet, but it won't operate anymore
3. Son of Beast
4. Big Bad Wolf
5. Z-Force
6. Intamin pipeline coaster, which is SBNO in Kuwait for 7 years now

SoCalCoaster521

Roller Poster

Always wanted to ride Flashback at SFMM for some reason but never got that chance, same went with SoB when it had the loop. After, not so much.

IronWolfman

Roller Poster

Shockwave SFGAm
BBW
GASM SFGAdv
Hercules Dorney (That drop looked MASSIVE)
Villian
Double Loop
Deja Vu SFGAm... Oh wait, I got to ride that because of AFTERSHOCK POWER!!! lol

Nic

Strata Poster

I always fancied a go on z-force/flashback. I don't even know why, it blatantly would've been hideous. I just kinda like the idea of it somehow. However awful, it can't have been worse than a screaming squirrel! I guess that Zac spins are the modern evolutionary equivalent of this type of concept in a way. I think I'm just somehow drawn to the concept of a coaster with such a tiny footprint that can have so many inversions etc. That don't necessarily mean they're any good (although the one Zac spin I've done was fab) I'm doing a crap job at explaining it.

Oddly, I was convinced that this had already been removed the first time I went to SFMM, and that the demolition date on rcdb must therefore be wrong. Then I found a photo from the trip where you can clearly see it still sat there, all sad and sbno. That would've been about 4 months before it was removed (but 4 years after it last operated?)

sparky2u

Mega Poster

"Cyclone" at Williams Grove Amusement Park is one of the coaster I would love to of ridden, The coaster has not been dismantled yet, it's been SBNO since 2006, shame it's not saved as it's the only woodie left built by Oscar Bitler.

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster

Sky Track, Granada Studio. Had a chance to ride it, but was too busy doing a Granada Studio Tour. Went back later, park had shut. :evil:

Martyn B

CF Legend

Batman and Robin: The Chiller at SFGAdv

They're being relocated to Brazil, so if you really want to ride them, you still can!

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Not a roller coaster as such but a tracked dark ride, Beelzee Bob's Trail. Listening to the theme music remebers how terrified I was of it waiting outside the building. The one day I had the courage they closed it down literally the day before :(