What's new

Rollercoaster Set For Re-Opening.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
After the last 3/4 days, I am pretty convinced Rollercoaster is only a few weeks away from being re-opened.

A few of us have been told one rumour that its set to re-open in two weeks time from a few people around Pleasure Beach, cleaning up work has apprently been done in the station and the train has had maintenence.

Following up from that rumour, we've noticed the running rails are no longer rusty, therefore its been testing, otherwise it would still be rusty.

I wasnt wrong about Rollercoaster's closure for this season, so hopefully the rumour I've been given about it's re-opening will also be true.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Good!

Nothing more to add than that really.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
It'll be great to see Rollercoaster re-open. It may not be the greatest ride on planet earth, but it delivers a relatively fun ride with some good floater air and is one of the few classic wooden coasters we have left in the UK.

jayjay

Giga Poster
That's good news. I only got to ride it once with the new trains but was filming a POV so didn't really get to enjoy it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ollie said:
Rollercoaster isn't that good anyway. I've got the credit so don't care really.

That sort of comment makes me sick to the back teeth.

Since when did this hobby become more about gaining "credits" rather than enjoying a theme park/ride for what it is?

I'm happy to go to a park and ride for the sake of it, not just to gain "credits".

Urgh.

Ben

CF Legend
^Ollie is a communist though.

Also, quick question Bicko...

I wasnt wrong about Rollercoaster's closure for this season, so hopefully the rumour I've been given about it's re-opening will also be true.

If you said it was going to be closed this season, and now it's re-opening... how were you right on the first one?

nealbie

CF Legend
On a technicality, Bicko was indeed incorrect on the first one if the second one comes to pass.

And Ollie..... you sicken me with your "I don't give a flying **** about the coaster if I've done it before" attitude!

*evil glare*

A

Anonymous

It maynot be the best in the world but its still a classic so its worth the trip to the park.

Ollie

CF Legend
Ian said:
Ollie said:
Rollercoaster isn't that good anyway. I've got the credit so don't care really.

That sort of comment makes me sick to the back teeth.

Since when did this hobby become more about gaining "credits" rather than enjoying a theme park/ride for what it is?

I'm happy to go to a park and ride for the sake of it, not just to gain "credits".

Urgh.

I'm not one to go mad for credits. It's just nothing interesting apart from the fact it has alot of history behind it. It has some good airtime and the tunnel is good.
Apart from that there isn't much to bring you back to re-ride it which is why I don't mind if it goes or remains open.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I'm also glad Rollercoaster's set to re-open as it was one of my favourite rides at Blackpool. Also I'm all for preserving classic coasters/rides and I hope to go on it again this year :)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
It's always good to be able to preserve classic coasters, but Rollercoaster is more than just that... it's a good classic coaster. As Ollie himself conceded:
Ollie said:
It has some good airtime.
It's no Nash, but it's definitely on of the better 'classic' coasters I've ridden, and one I'll miss if it's ever removed.

Jools

Giga Poster
Yay, this is good news, I like this better than Avalanche and Infusion, and I think thoughs rides are okay, it's very fun! Hopefully one last ride before it goes. :)

Dave

CF Legend
Roller coaster is an awesome ride, it whizzed round that track last year! They must of had a lot of wear and tear from the new trains.

spicy

Giga Poster
Brilliant! Any coaster saved from the scrapheap is good, especially a classic woody like Rollercoaster.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
I like how Pleasure Beach has balanced the maintenance work from both the Nash and Rollercoaster. I remember they opened Rollercoaster briefly at the start of the season in February whilst the Nash was closed for maintenance and now the Nash is open Rollercoaster is getting the tidy up it deserves. Hopefully your right. It will be great seeing all the woodies operating together again. It was a pretty grim rumour that Rollercoaster would be SBNO for good but its great knowing it is opening again. Now all we need is Gold Mine and Noah's Ark back up again and Bobs your sister! :cool:

marc

CF Legend
Ollie said:
Saw isn't that good anyway. I've got the credit so don't care really.

Fixed again. But getting bored now.

I am pleased Rollercoaster is being opened again, its a fun classic coaster.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Yes! Everyone can get the obligatory shots of it coming down that hill near the seating area after the Maze again! :D

Haha no seriously though, fun coaster, not nice on the knees last time I rode it though :(

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
^Ollie is a communist though.

Also, quick question Bicko...

If you said it was going to be closed this season, and now it's re-opening... how were you right on the first one?

Due to the fact its currently closed, and has been for the past month.

It isnt likely to open for a few more weeks yet, so I will have got it partly right, as it was never expected to open, as its not listed as a ride on the official website, on the map or in the park guide's.

It is only re-opening because the Not-So-Grand National needs more work doing to it.