What's new

Rollercoaster/Amusment park magazines

A

Anonymous

Im not sure if there are any Rollercoaster magazines out their but I really want one. So if anyone knows of any please let me know. Are their any rollercoaster/amusement park magazines out there?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Moved from General Discussions.

ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts) and ECC (European Coaster Community??) have regular magazines that they send out to their members. They're pretty decent apparently, but the nature of being a magazine means that there's no "news" that you couldn't get online first.

Could be dome decent articles though? I don't know myself, but those are the two that get mentioned whenever this topic frequently comes up.

herbinator

Mega Poster
I dont know if it's any good but there is airtime magazine which is bi-monthly and has been running for over 14 years. It is also run by a guy with an mbe for amusement and leisure.

coasterholic14

Roller Poster
I guess it depends on what your looking for.

If you join ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts), they have the quarterly Roller Coaster! magazine, and the bi-monthly ACE News publication, both provide great info, pictures, etc on amusement parks everywhere (though they mostly cover new coasters in the US, if you're in the UK or elsewhere, check out some of those coaster clubs like ECC).

If you're looking for something not strictly about roller coasters and/or amusement parks, but the amusement/waterpark industry (rides and business), Amusement Today is an excellent magazine, though perhaps a bit more pricey ($50 for 1 yr, $90 for 2, $130 for 3), but it's well worth it for 14 issues (1 per month + 2 bonus). I really enjoy reading everything in there because I am working towards getting into the industry and it provides great insights not only to the rides, but also the buisness side of things. They also do fantastic coverage of the IAAPA convention and Golden Ticket Awards.

I subscribed to another, Theme Park Magazine, however I am not sure about how long they will be around, as I subscribed a couple years ago I believe and just got my 4th "quarterly" issue, but they're worth checking out.

For $65, you can subscribe to IAAPA's Funworld magazine (I'm not a subscriber, so I can't give you anymore info), and you can look at the online articles for Park World Magazine, though I'm not sure you can subscribe to this magazine unless you are an industry professional.

A

Anonymous

gavin said:
ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts) and ECC (European Coaster Community??) have regular magazines that they send out to their members. They're pretty decent apparently, but the nature of being a magazine means that there's no "news" that you couldn't get online first.
There are several occasions where news have been published in the ECC magazine months before anything have been posted online about the same thing. And I wouldn't call First Drop decent...

Joining the ECC is completely worth it just for the magazine in my oppinion...