What's new

Roller Coasters of the Future

andrus

Giga Poster
Right now I can think of three "new" models.

1) Of course I wanne se a mix of a mega and a looping coaster, like a mix between dragon khan and expedition geforce! A coaster with equally many airtime hills, tight turns and loopings! And of course it should feature wing walker trains! :--D An as simple as brilliant idea, I just wonder why no rollercoaster manufacturer have made it real yet...

2) Why not implement new elements to the already existing coaster styles? B&M for example uses the same old type of inversions in every single new looping coaster they build, they just mix up the order of them. Why not use more inclined loops? Or oval helixes (creating a "launch feeling" when exiting the tighter ends)? Moreover why not enlarge the time beeing upside down in a zero g roll creating more time of weightlessness? Or use pretzel loops on regular sit down coasters?

3) This is my most (and only? :p) original idea! A rally coaster! :--D Imagine rita or desert race but with trains where the wagons are sliding through the corners like a real rally car? This could be done with trains with spinnig wagons but with a guide track making the wagons turn only when desired to (much like the guide track on X/X2). I think this would be a really fun coaster to ride!

Gazza

Giga Poster
wolverinechris said:
loefet said:
Multicoaster FTW!!
Win. I think we're done here.

Multicoaster is one of those in-jokes I have heard referred to several times, but never anything more...Can anyone give any insight to what the idea actually was.

As for the topic at hand, my idea would be for something along the lines of Spiderman/DarKastle...Sort of an indoor coaster with 4D screens and those special vehicles.

Error

Strata Poster
Also thought of having a freespinning pipeline coaster. Only issues would be lift/brake components and making sure no one loses their hands.

andrus

Giga Poster
Gazza said:
wolverinechris said:
loefet said:
Multicoaster FTW!!
Win. I think we're done here.

Multicoaster is one of those in-jokes I have heard referred to several times, but never anything more...Can anyone give any insight to what the idea actually was.

I was wondering to so I used the search engine and found this :wink:
Nemesis Inferno said:
wolverinechris said:
Also, anyone want to enlighten the less experienced among us as to what the "Multicoaster" is (sounds amusing)?

Ahhhh, the Multicoaster, one of the shining stars of CF of the early millenium... Sure someone one a link to the old page a while back last year...
It was basically some kid 'designing' (in the loosest sense of the term if memory serves) a coaster that changed from Floorless to Inverted to other things...

Sure someone will find the link again...

Gazza said:
As for the topic at hand, my idea would be for something along the lines of Spiderman/DarKastle...Sort of an indoor coaster with 4D screens and those special vehicles.
I think an indoor coaster would be great to. One like the indoor section of SAW but a lot longer of course. The same slow pace, the same exhilarating mix of thrilling track layout and frightening effects BUT with comfortable trains! It wouldn't be the wildest ride out there but certainly a very good one!

Gazza

Giga Poster
coasterofthefuture.jpg

RCF

Strata Poster
How do you have a floorless stand up? That contradicts itself. I would say a standup 4-D coaster.

andrus

Giga Poster
Well actually hurakan condor (the drop tower at port aventura) have a floorless stand up side. It's just a more uncomfortable version of the regular sit down floorless version, with the only difference you beeing seated in a more upright position.

CMonster

Giga Poster
RollerCoasterFanatic said:
How do you have a floorless stand up? That contradicts itself. I would say a standup 4-D coaster.

You're tied tightly to a sheet of metal in an upright position, while traveling through loops and other high speed inversions.

Taken from the B&M website. :wink:

Naemuti

Mega Poster
RollerCoasterFanatic said:

I've thought of it before. Take a standard stand-up like Mantis or Riddler's, with the restraint and the bicycle seat, remove the floor. In all seriousness, it probably wouldn't be worth much, because it would basically be a floorless coaster with a smaller seat, but I've always thought of regular stand-ups that way anyways.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I had that idea a while back, in the stand up topic, but it was dismissed. It would be incredibly painfull for blokes.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I rode Mantis without my feet touching the floor panel some of the way. It wasn't too bad on the bollocks. It was alright. It reduced the G load on the legs anyway.

STC

Mega Poster
andrus said:
I think an indoor coaster would be great to. One like the indoor section of SAW but a lot longer of course. The same slow pace, the same exhilarating mix of thrilling track layout and frightening effects BUT with comfortable trains! It wouldn't be the wildest ride out there but certainly a very good one!
You mean like Revenge of the Mummy? ;)

andrus

Giga Poster
STC said:
You mean like Revenge of the Mummy? ;)
I don't no :p I haven't ridden the "mummy" and all you see on youtube pov:s are black! It might be exactly like what I meant :wink: Are there a lot of loops etc in the mummy ride?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Nope, but the ride itself is probably one of the funnest and re-rideable coasters I've been on for a long time, and the theming is top notch...

The Florida is superior as well, but both are good for their own different reasons...

andrus

Giga Poster
Nice! :--D Sounds a lot like my idea then, although I had a little more loopy design in mind (like the one at saw) I'm definitley gonna ride it when I visit florida!

CMonster

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
^Nope, but the ride itself is probably one of the funnest and re-rideable coasters I've been on for a long time, and the theming is top notch...

The Florida is superior as well, but both are good for their own different reasons...

What's different about them? I've only ridden the Florida one.