What's new

Roller coaster drought

Treeis

Mega Poster
I have found myself in what I like to call a rollercoaster drought. Even though I call myself an enthusiast, subscribed to magazines and am on forums alot...I haven't been to a theme park in a good two years. (If you dont count that time I went to Disneyland paris last year).

The reason I am in this mess is because of a combination of studying, money and a lack of employment. Its very frustrating and I must break this drought soon!

Anyway, I created this thread just to see if anyone else is or has been in a similar situation. Share stories etc.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Got a job. Got **** to do. Haven't been on a coaster at all so far this year. I could've done, but just haven't bothered so far. I will soon, but still...

Edit Why am I lying? Got a couple of shopping mall kiddy creds in Jordan back in February. Haven't been to a proper park so far this year though.

I usually don't go on any coasters from about September to at least May, so I guess half my year is a bit of a drought, but I make up for it and then some in the summer.

Snoo

The Legend
Last year was a huge downer for me.. only went to CP after being a slut the last few years. I am kinda making up for it with the Live though.

I do have some excuses I'd like to think.. a baby.. a new job.. responsibilities.. etc etc.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I live way off the beaten path as far as coasters go, there is only one park in the country and it is insanely expensive, and none of my friends are really into coastering. I haven't been to a park since 2010, and my personal economy and spare time doesn't allow any long travels in the near future.

Now well, perhaps next summer. Still trying to maintain my interest; being unable to actually ride anything hasn't stopped me yet.

DJProspeKt

Roller Poster
After I turned 18, I moved away to work, I lost interest in being a coaster enthusiast, I even stopped posting on here, that was way back in 2008. Between then and now I've visited 3 parks, BPP, Alton Towers, and Flamingo Land. I'd done all them in the past, but my most recent visit to Flamingo Land, and a change in circumstances, made me feel the love for coasters and such again, which in turn pushed me to get back invlolved with CF and feed my addiction again!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Same boat. The last time I've been on a decent ride was back in 2009 :shock:

Hoping to change that up this summer, seeing as how SeaWorld just opened Manta.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Since I first started going to theme parks around age 7 or 8, I've managed to find time to get to at least one of the Virginia parks (Kings Dominion or Busch Gardens Europe) at least once per season, so I've never had too bad of a drought in that sense. But because of being a student & being a little pressed for cash and free time, I don't get to travel to new parks much. I actually just got back from a big credit-boosting trip to SFGAdv, Dorney, and Hersheypark, but before that, I hadn't been to a new park since 2010.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I'm going through the same thing as you. I haven't been to theme park in 3 years due to various reasons. But hopefully this summer i'll be off to DLP!

DJProspeKt said:
I lost interest in being a coaster enthusiast, I even stopped posting on here, that was way back in 2008.

THIS! I hadn't posted on this site for about 3 years (until today) when I started planning a trip to DLP in my head.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
My problem is that I never get on a good multi-park trip. Each year I usually get to about 2 parks in the summer and none during the rest of the year. I'm having a hard time coming up with the cash for it as well because of how expensive school is and all. Not to mention that I've been to way too many parks more than once. My re-ride count would be ridiculous because I end up going to CW at least once a year.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Jobs, work, the necessary duties of being a contributing member of society - all those things can get in the way of roller coaster riding. :razz:

I've been in a drought for sure over the last 4 years with school and work, but will hopefully be able to get back at it as the life kicks off in the post graduate years.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I feel like I've been in a drought, not of coasters alltogether, I've still managed to get to Alton and Thorpe this year. But the Last time I visited a decent new Park was Toverland and Heide park in April 2011, really enjoyed both parks but it was a short trip, waiting 14 months for this years trip has felt like forever.

The wait's nearly over for me though, I'll be in Kennywood in 4 days at the start of my second US trip.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I'm in a drought I havent been since I went to Hersheypark last august. I'm so eager to get out of school on the 14th to start going places.