What's new

Roller coaster clubs

Treeis

Mega Poster
I am a member of the ECC, and when I was re-doing my membership...I couldent help noticing the other rollercoster club, RCCGB.

The only differences I can see between them is that RCCGB has a better website and ECC has a better magazine.

But what are the other differences about the two clubs? What sets them apart? Which is bigger?

Btw, this is all just curiosity, Im not thinking of changing clubs or anthing...

Lofty

CF Legend
Um. To be honest, I don't think many members on here are part of either clubs?

This is kind of like a club on it's own, just one that you don't need to pay for.. It's still got a high sense of community and such, just without the subscription charges...

The ECC does have a better magazine though, I have to admit.

Treeis

Mega Poster
Well, The ECC is mostly british, and I think the guy who runs it and that is in Blackpool I believe.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, both the RCCGB and the ECC are run by British blokes.

Out of the two, I'd probably go for the ECC due to the discounts and magazine, but the RCCGB do have good trips.

I'm not a member of either. I'd rather do my own thing and people want to join me, I'm more than happy.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
I'm a member of Coasterforce, Coaster-count, and Coastercounter.
I periodically check in on Theme Park Review, RCDB, Coasterbuzz, ACE, and Ultimate Rollercoaster.

WildMouse

Roller Poster
RCCGB = Trips to UK (Blackpool, Oakwood and Alton being their most attended events with smaller parks in between) and USA. European trips haven't been on their agenda for some time now. 6-8 page newsletter and yearbook. Various discounts.

ECC = Trips to Europe, UK & Far East. Also trips to the USA (albeit to a lesser extent than the RCCGB). Glossy, full scale magazine. AGM held at a theme park. Various discounts.