What's new

Rollbacks

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I experienced my first rollback yesterday on The Ultimate. Didn't quite make it to latching onto the second chain lift. We were sat there for a while before a JCB and a mini bus showed up, to drive us back to the station whilst the JCB towed the train up onto the lift. We were then given a free queue jumping pass for use later on.

So, who here has been on a rollback? Where was it and how were you rescued?

Never been on a rollback, sadly!

My little cousin came one train away on Dragster though.. I would've seriously punched her if she got one.

But nah I've never had one..

ryan462

Hyper Poster
When I went to thorpe last October I went on stealth about 4 times in a row as there was no more than 10 people in the queue and I decided that I would go on to another ride whilst the park was empty. I turned around to see that the next train had a rollback..... I was so pissed off because I have always wanted one and before that I had never even seen one and realised that it was much chance.

Ollie

CF Legend
I've always wanted to be on one. Sadly I haven't. I haven't even seen one in real life. :(

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Does getting Re-set on TTD count? :)

Not many people would of be able to do one of those :D

Well the train technically rolls backwards so I count it!

Never had a proper one though and I probally wont...

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I would have thought more people would have been on some stalled coasters. Here is a picture that I took from my stationary train, as you can see, we rolled backwards quite a distance from the hill.

6132_118091206103_531306103_2739623_672894_n.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, just the one! Along with several other CFers!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2__FCC8iAM[/youtube]

Can't say it was the most exciting rollback in the world, but one of the funniest.

And that's Big John's laugh :lol:

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^ They dont get them off. It rolls back to the start of the LSMs and just relaunches. I watched a lift-launch rollback lol. Those peoples faces of confusion.

Ben

CF Legend
Inverse said:
I would have thought more people would have been on some stalled coasters. Here is a picture that I took from my stationary train, as you can see, we rolled backwards quite a distance from the hill.

6132_118091206103_531306103_2739623_672894_n.jpg

We did this!

Also at Lightwater we rode Sewer Rat really early last October, and it was only Oriol and I. You're supposed to have a full car, so one op rode with us and said that would be fine. It wasn't. We rolled back at the top of the first incline, and slammed into the anti-rollbacks. Lights came on, and we got pushed around, only to stall and repeat about halfway round. It was awesome.

Snoo

The Legend
A-Kid said:
^ They dont get them off. It rolls back to the start of the LSMs and just relaunches. I watched a lift-launch rollback lol. Those peoples faces of confusion.

I had a launch tunnel rollback hun. That equals twice as epic. :p

We launched half way up the hill by the pond, almost reaching the brakes, and rolled back to the launch position. That was when they were using the mist and everything in the tunnel, and it got THICK in there. I was in the 4th row and I couldn't see the 2nd row at all. We waited about 15 minutes, and they launched us again. It was on my very first ride too.. lol

But, it was my lone rollback, so I did enjoy.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Haven't had a rollback, nor witnessed one.

Never been evac'ed either.

Strangely enough, despite all the rides and all the laps, I've only been ride-stopped / lift-stopped twice.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I have never been on a ride when there is a rollback. Hopefully when I next go to Thorpe park I might have one on Stealth

Rush

Giga Poster
Yes, I had one on Stealth two years ago.

As much as they're raved about, I think they're over-hyped to be honest but maybe that's because I don't like Stealth that much anyway. I bet they would be better on the taller rides anyway or on the smaller rides for the comedy value.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I've seen Stealth roll back a few times in high winds, but I've never been on a train that rolled back. I came bloody close last summer on Kingda Ka, which was pretty terrifying - for a good couple of seconds I had no idea which way the train was going to go.