What's new

Rodelparadies St. Englmar | Voglwuide Sepp | Terrain Zierer

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Rodelparadies St. Englmar | Voglwuide Sepp | Terrain Zie

This looks foul. I don't get why they just didn't build a Mountain coaster? It does near enough the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ Because they already have one?

Lofty

CF Legend

So why add this? As an experience they're both going. To offer the exact same. Including the lifts, ground-hugging curved descent etc.

Ethan

Strata Poster

On this coaster you can't control the speed though, so it's a different experience. I imagine throughput will be a lot better too.

Lofty

CF Legend

No **** :lol:

Throughput will also be better. But at the base, this is very very very similar to what a mountain coaster would offer.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/sommerrodeln/videos/1119259931430070/[/facebookpost]

Ireeb

Mega Poster

Looks like a decent family coasters to me. Also, it is longer than I expected.

davidm

Strata Poster

So there I was sitting in the diner last night in Nuremburg, pootling about on the internet while waiting for a burger and happened to hit the "parks nearby" link on RCDB for Bayern Park, when up popped this place - and then I remembered reading this thread last year...

So before heading to Bayern Park this morning, took a little detour and rode this thing then...

26832134474_19c4928a7f_c.jpg

27369528091_b1ef8e9caa_c.jpg

26832132804_94a2faf3ec_c.jpg

26832133384_3d66a6dd70_c.jpg

(hard to take pics of because [1] its on a hillside and you cant get too near it [2] it only ran once in the hour I was there and wasn't riding it myself)

Not the most thrilling thing in the world, but kinda interesting. The three lift hills are all one after another, the first seems to exist just to get you out of the station and it its tiny, you then make a right hand turn into the second lift hill which makes a little drop into the third (biggest) lift hill. Then you ride back down the hillside, all sweeping close to the ground.

No air at all (more air on the alpine coaster next door), no great thrills to be had, but fun enough - happy with my morning's detour anyway.

TilenB

Strata Poster

Looks great! Perhaps a good point to take photos from would be the Alpine Coaster or the toboggan run. Did you ride those as well?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

david morton said:
So there I was sitting in the diner last night in Nuremburg, pootling about on the internet while waiting for a burger and happened to hit the "parks nearby" link on RCDB for Bayern Park, when up popped this place - and then I remembered reading this thread last year...

You can't forget a name like Rodelparadies St. Englmar! Voglwuide Sepp looks like a ride I'd appreciate. Hopefully they'll run it a bit more frequently in the future :p

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ I guess the reason behind it running rather seldom is that there is seemingly hardly any visitors around...

davidm

Strata Poster

Yep only running when there were punters. I was the only one there at 9am, couple of families turned up later but most of them were too frightened to ride the coaster (they rode the alpine tho' and that was much more exciting than the coaster - go figure).

Bob was closed though (rain), but the alpine was good :)