What's new

Rides You Just Don't Even Think About Bothering With

Crow

Mega Poster
I rarely go on kiddies rides, thats about it for me.

I make it my mission to try and get on most rides in a park. (Which isn't very hard when your dad has a disabled pass)

However if my dads not around, dark rides are my first priority followed by coasters then water rides and finally flats.

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
PMBO at Blackpool... I have an aversion to painfully slow and high lift hills....

That and it's usually broken...

(Oh and it hurts if it's raining.... which is usually is in Blackpool)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Alton Towers
Congo River Rapids-Fun, but just can't be bothered, got nothing going for it really, if I want to get wet on a long and fun ride, The Flume is a minute or two away and is more fun than the Rapids
Submision and Ripsaw-I am male. I think that covers those two rides.
Rita-It's always closed-open once in four visits, and even if it is open, after the riding it, I'm not sure I will again, unless it's at the front, then I might, if only so I don't have to again.
Anything in Mutiny Bay and Cloud Cookoo Land-Not my kind of rides really, unless you include The Flume as part of MT.
Duel and Hex-Don't know why, just can't be bothered, although I may give Hex a go.
The Blade-Been on it at both ends, far side was poor, near side was ever so slightly mad as a brush, no need to ride again, after all it's just a re-badged pirate ship.
I think thats it, but theres probably more...and that's just at Alton Towers...

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Submission and its not that I avoid it, the sheer sight of it sends me fleeing in terror. Never felt so nauseous on a ride in my life.

Slammer because its just so dull and the queues are just as painful as the restraints.

Any Enterprise, Afterburner or flat ride unless it has a shortish queue

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
I will always give everything a chance. But ones that i have been on and was bitterly disapointed with and therefore will not go on again because they were eaither too boring or too painful are:

*Submission - That ride kills your thighs
*Enterprise/Zodiac - tbh, the old zodiac at thorpe park was much better than the 1 bought in from Drayton Manor, but once you've rode one, you've rode them all imo.
*Ripsaw - Again, killed my legs. Dont know if the 1 at chessington is any different but i will always avoid it because its just not worth 3 minutes of pain.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Any inverting ship, top spin, top scan, enterprise etc.

I can spin around and vomit on a roundabout at the park round the corner.

A

Anonymous

I try to avoid wooden coasters that have reputations for being too rough to enjoy the ride. I don't mind most woodies, but some have reps for being unbearably violent. Those are the ones I say no to.

Also, after riding Fiesta de las Tazas (teacups) at SF over Texas, I will never ride teacups again. Teacups are the most sickening things I've ever experienced in my life.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Lol. You should let me spin you on the Teacups. I put my little brother off for life when I spun him once.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I can't stand anything with a lot of spinning (teacups) . Ricochet at KD was good and the
Tony Hawk's Big Spin's might be good. Otherwise, I'm just about done with the normal "wild mice".

Jools

Giga Poster
Wilkie said:
X://NWO because it is just a waste of space.
G Force because of it being painful.

Personally I found it comfortable, but would avoid it because I've ridden it once, and the queues were ridiculous and it was way too short anyway.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Enterprises!

Never been on 1 and never want to try 1. Well I've actually been on a millennium version but that's slightly different and it had proper OTSR's.

I've been at 3 parks with them and just never bothered going on one.

jfeaster

Roller Poster
Two rides at Cedar Point: Mantis and Meanstreak

Both look awesome, but FAIL in execuation. It seems B&M never figured out how to make those standing harnesses reliable. It's happened several times to me and to friends that the chair will come up a click or the OTSR comes up a couple! That alone makes the ride uncomfortable. Add on that no matter how much they try to calculate from the heartline, it slams your head around. I know it isn't designed for it, but I keep wishing they would convert it to a sit-down, or better yet a floor-less.

Meanstreak can be captured in three words: slow, boring, and ouch. The layout is FANTASTIC, but who have planed the track bed during construction was either sadistic or an idiot. It rattles far to much at the bottom of hills and just plain hurts. They've trimmed it so much that it's simply not entertaining. Like Mantis I wish they would convert it. If possible, Intamin prefab tracking would be delicious on that ride.

A

Anonymous

Alton
submission, enterprise, blade, duel, hex, RMT, all of "cloud cookoo land" and mcdonalds farmyard for obvious reasons, squirell nutty again obvious, and god i hate CATCF!! :evil:

Thorpe
Quantam, slammer, zodiac, X:NWO, flying fish, storm in a teacup, vortex

Chessington
Everything apart from dragons fury and vampire

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Slammer and Rush may well not exist as far as I'm concerned,Detonator I'll avoid,but only because it scares me.

X/:NWO I really couldn't care less if I go on it or not,same for Vortex.