What's new

Rides You Just Don't Even Think About Bothering With

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah I only managed one go on SuperSplash. The other 2 times I walked down it hadn't opened yet so I had to make that trek back again. I found alot of things at TusenFryd were a bit of a trek getting to especially the area where the Dragon coaster and Space Shot are located.

Most of the times at parks I avoid the flats and tower type rides. I'm not a big fan of these types anyway and would prefer spending my time queuing or riding a coaster instead.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Son of Beast.

That is, unless you're into that kind of stuff...

Snoo

The Legend
Error said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Error said:
Top Thrill Dragster.

It's too long for too short.

YAH RIGHT!

Tell me, what's a 3 hour wait for a 30 second ride? I could ride better things (say, Maverick) 3 times while waiting for one. I could also whore great rides with no line (say Gemini) in the same amount of time.

It's pointless unless there is no wait.

If the wait is under an hour, I do it.. simply because I like the ride.

To be honest, no ride outside of my Top 3 is worth waiting more then 3 hours for.. let alone for TTD. :p

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
To be honest, I don't really bother with most flat rides. I get much more of a kick out of coasters. The exceptions would be the bigger ones (drop towers, swing rides etc).

Cernuschi

Roller Poster
X:\ No way out - Just a useless waste of space which could be used for something far greater!

Poseidons Fury - The longest queue in the park and what a waste of time. A real disapointment from universal.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Any spinny flat as they make me sick.

Also X: No Way Out, which I couldn't be bothered with to be honest.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It's not so much specific rides, but more ride types for me.

I usually don't bother with top spins anymore because I'm just sick of them. If it's a small park, I've ridden everything, and there's no wait, then I might have a quick go.

The same thing goes for swinging ships and Diskos.

The only "big" ride I can think of now that I've habitually ignored would be Rolling X Train. Out of about 12 visits to Everland, I probably skipped it 8 of those times.

Ben

CF Legend
*unless it's utterly dead and I'm making a point of riding everything in the park :p

Oh... and I even forgot Quantum when it came to this topic. Shows how amazing that ride is.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Rush, I hate it, it's boring, and I couldn't care less if I ever go on it again.
Submission, haven't done it in about 5 years.
Enterprises, I find fun, but can't be bummed to do.
Tidal Wave/Hydro etc. I dislike getting stupidly wet.
Colossucks, it be crap and again, I couldn't care less if I ever go on it again.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Alton Towers:

Runaway Mine Train: State the obvious, I've ridden it a few times in my childhood and it wasn't bad, but I'm really looking for the thrills.

Congo River Rapids: When with a family its ideal, however with friends you'll just give them a miss.

Hex/Duel: Both are fine once, but when coming back it's just extra time wasted at Alton.

Rita: Queen of Speed: It's not really a ride to rave about when visiting, if the queue is under 30 minutes then its worth a spin.

Most flats: The majority are fairly poor flat rides (minus Ripsaw), and if I'm at Alton I mainly spend time riding rollercoasters than flats.

Drayton Manor:

G Force: Only if the queue is exceedingly high, however there aren't enough rides at Drayton for an entire day, and all the rides are fairly decent.

Pirate Adventure: Ridable once, next few rides are a bore.

Thorpe Park:

Flying Fish: Another obvious one...

A few flats: Thorpe is similar to Drayton in terms of it having a small selection, probably flats like Slammer or Zodiac I'd tend to miss out. Other than these Thorpe's fine!

Disneyland Paris:

Showy rides: These include ones like "it's a small world", and Peter Pan. I don't mind trying if I'm with younger riders, I just look saft on my own.

Thats probably it for Disneyland really. I enjoy Indiana Jones and think it's great when the queue is walk-on and the other rides are packed up. Nothing unique or spectacular, it's just a genuinely fun ride!

PortAventura:

Stampida: There's normally a huge queue and the ride itself is nothing special. It looks amazing but it really is a waste of prescious Dragon Khan whoring time!

Flat rides: All the flat rides (minus Hurakan of course), are pretty much awful and only deserve one ride if not then no ride.

And thats about it for PA too. I really enjoy the showy rides here and find them a lot better than those at Disneyland (e.g. Sea Odyssey), so I do give them a ride at most times. Diablo and Tomahawk again are rides I consider to do a few times in a visit because I actually think they're great! And everything is good too.

I would plan to do a Blackpool pointless ride list, but there are way too many to even note down. So here's everything anyway. :--D

nealbie

CF Legend
Ben said:
*unless it's utterly dead and I'm making a point of riding everything in the park :p

Oh... and I even forgot Quantum when it came to this topic. Shows how amazing that ride is.

Woops, sorry, I forgot to read the fine print :roll:

And yeah, despite us trying to get all the rides done we still neglected Quantum :lol:

A

Anonymous

At Liseberg there isn't anything that I refuse to go on, but usually I don't really bother with much more then Lisebergbanan, Balder, Spinrock and Uppswinget, the rest I only ride when I'm with someone that want to ride them.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Way too many to begin to start listing.
Let me put it this way, when we go to Cedar Point we generally only ride Maverick, MF, TTD & maXair. Everything else is just meh, so you can imagine how much we skip on repeat trips to other parks.

Rush

Giga Poster
Any ride I dislike... that's the obvious answer. I'll only go on some if someone else does or if I want to try it out again.

I especially avoid Quantum. Quantum is a **** ride. I hate it. I shall also be skipping Da Vinci's Cradle as a result.

I like Enterprises though! :)

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
For me it has to be tidal wave! I mean what is the point? The drop doesnt even look that good. Ok maybe you get a free shower but seriously I dont get it. I also dont understand rides like quantum. It looks awfull!