What's new

Rides You Just Can't Be Bothered With?

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I can't be bothered with pretty much any flat ride at any park, except drop towers of course. I try to force myself on most spinning coasters for the credit, but what's the point on flat rides?

thx

Mega Poster
Enterprise, Pirateships, or anything too spinny in a bad way incl. regular cycle Top Spin, and Big apple coasters (most of the time).

Pierre

Strata Poster
Like most people here... Blade at Alton Towers is something I've never bothered with... I've always liked the look of Quantam for a little laugh but for the queue it always has when I'm there (usually fright nights)... its not worth it so thats one I've always missed!

Pirate ships are just my big no-no though... and I'm often bag lady for them at CF-Lives!

Edit : Nice necro-topic-revival.

Ollie

CF Legend
^^Quantum never seems to have a queue when I go to Thorpe. At most you may have to wait one cycle before you get on.
Even then I don't bother with it as it makes me feel ill for a while as I don't find the motion thrilling anymore.

^Rapids are a fun family ride. And Rapids like River Quest at Phantasialand are AMAZING!!!

Snoo

The Legend
Kiddy credits. I'm just meh on credit whoring. Occasionally I'll jump on one but not worth the pain.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Son of Beast.

Luckily we don't have to worry about it anymore.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm with Ian and Tom about the Reverchon Spinning Mice. I dont know why but they just dont appeal to me at all anymore. I even have to think about it if I want the credit.

I'd get more excited over a Pinfari at a local fair.

Also it seems like everyone's in the same boat that I'm about to board, The Blade...... I haven't ridden it since was relocated to FV. My reason for not riding it is simple, if you're at Alton Towers, why oh why would you want to waste time by going on a Pirate Ship?

A

Anonymous

Six flags new england

Probably Cyclone. My bro says you get hurt REAL bad. And I want too ride a coaster for the fun of it not too get hurt

Brookes

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
I'm with Ian and Tom about the Reverchon Spinning Mice. I dont know why but they just dont appeal to me at all anymore. I even have to think about it if I want the credit.

I'd get more excited over a Pinfari at a local fair.

Also it seems like everyone's in the same boat that I'm about to board, The Blade...... I haven't ridden it since was relocated to FV. My reason for not riding it is simple, if you're at Alton Towers, why oh why would you want to waste time by going on a Pirate Ship?

If you go all the time and see how long you go standing up without the ride-op giving you evils or telling you to sit down through the microphone. I ride Blade every time I go, it's fun and never ever has a queue.

Lofty

CF Legend
PMBO.

For some reason, every time I visit BPB, I rarely can ever be arsed to ride it. It doesn;t do anything for me and every time I have been on it I never ever come off satisfied. It's just a filler ride for the day IMO.

Saying that, nothing at BPB gets me excited except Valhalla and Nash, so it aint exactly good for going unless going in a gang or a live!

Ollie

CF Legend
Valhalla and Wild Mouse are the only rides I love at Blackpool now. I used to really like Nash but it was really rough last time I went on it and wasn't as great as I remembered it.

supersion

Mega Poster
Because My local is Oakwood, I don't have much choice anyway, but I tend to not bother with Hydro or Bounce, which kinda leaves me with pretty much nothing.

It usually rains, so Hydro is actually a waste of time for me.

With Bounce, I wish they'd tear it down, and put something else there, it's the most boring thing ever. There's no thrill in it at all. It's just dated. :roll:

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Alton Towers

Enterprise
Submission
Ripsaw
Heave Ho
Kiddie Stuff (bar Squirrel Nutty)

Hmm, a theme of flats?

Blackpool

Flying Machines
Dodgems
Kiddie Stuff (Including Log Flume)
Train and monorial.
Should really not bothering doing Magic Mountain but we always find ourselves doing it. Shouldn't do Pepsi Max either but we always feel like we should. Don't reckon we will do next time, it's got pretty run down.

Thorpe Park

Slammer - not keen
Kiddie Stuff again
Tidal Wave
Depth Charge
Zodiac
Tea Cups

Walt Disney World

Carousel
Lights Motors Action Stunt Show - seen it twice seen it too many times
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Backlot Tour - or Pearl Harbour tour, waste of space
Living With The Land - oh dear
Wonders of life - except I REALLY wanted to do this this time but we didn't get round to it, right shame
Random World Showcase films - wanted to do these as well for the sake of it being something new but just... didn't
Mickey's Toontown Fair - we said we'd spend ages here since it's leaving, but we didn't. We went in once and it was through force and rain. No wonder it's going!

Universal Studios Florida

Disaster - or Earthquake, it's the same face it
Twister - I remember this was once my favourite attraction here. Shows how much it has improved
Woody Woodpecker and Kiddie Stuff
Posediens Fury - always want to but never get round to it, one of those ones
Seuss Trolly Ride - too long queue for what it is. It's fun, but not worth the wait.
Kiddie stuff also includes Jurrasic and Seuss kiddie stuff.

Every other park I go to I usually try to make the most of it since we don't go very often, so we'll only miss kiddie stuff or things we haven't time for.

Rush

Giga Poster
bezzzzzer said:
Posediens Fury - always want to but never get round to it, one of those ones

You haven't missed much, it's awful.

I'll add things which spin too much to the list. e.g Top Scans, waltzers and afterburners. Especially Vortex, that always makes me feel horrible after riding. I very almost threw up after riding it in February. Horrible thing.

yinyang

Mega Poster
I agree with slammer at thorpe park ^ most other rides i like,even the beastie at AT i ride most times im there just to round of the trip.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Uncle Arly said:
[I havn't been bothered with]Quantum, but otherwise i've tried most things.
Quantum is the only ride in the world (that I know of) that makes me feel ill. Mind you, samurai did after about 5 times in a row, but quantum gets me after one ride.
I've never done Zodiac either (if that's the enterprise at thorpe), never done the thing at canada, france or china at Epcot yet either, though I wouldn't mind doing them, there are just so many much better things. The rest just tend to be enterprises or carousels or other common rides. Anything I can find at AT is a no-goer, seeing as I go there alot it seems pointless to waste time in other places on rides that are, in theory, the same. However, I've been on about 6 boomerangs (not including Deja Vu), but they all ride differently, which is odd. So I suppose we should all be a bit more open to everything, but when you have one day at a new park it's best to get the unique things done, obviously.

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
Kings Dominion
Grizzly- I don't understand why people like it. It beats you up in an unpleasant way.
Berserker- I used to be a vehement fan, but after the last few rides it's just gone to hell and hurt.
Taxi Jam- I'm not stealing a kid to ride a kiddie coaster at my home park.
Space Surfer- I don't enjoy it as much as I used to and it's just not fun
Flying Eagles
Avalanche- vibrates like crazy and is rather uncomfortable

Dorney Park
Dominator- oh boy. Rolling up the side of a tower. What a thrill.
Possessed- never has a ride made me so dizzy and made such random noises.
Thunderhawk- never again. Thanks for the credit. I'd rather not get bruised up and down my right side again.

Hersheypark
The Claw- this was a lame ride in general, on top of the uncomfortable restraints.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I always go on all rides just to test them out! :) I went on the enterprise at AT and I went on Zodiac at Thorpe and I generally thought that Zodiac was much more forceful ?? Maybe its me but I try all rides out