What's new

Rebuild of Alpenexpress and Tiroler Wildwasserbahn Europa Park after major fire.

cookie

Giga Poster
Alpenexpress is now having its original track completely removed

index.php

Meanwhile, the first pieces of rock for the new area have been implemented, complete with moss/grass at the top

index.php

index.php

Niles

Giga Poster
Here is some cool looking concept art of the redesign of the Austria area opening in 2024.
IMG_4628.jpeg
IMG_4629.jpeg
IMG_4630.jpeg

"Diligently and with great passion, we're working on bringing back the Tirol Log Flume and the Alpine Coaster 'Enzian,' as well as introducing a whole new experience: the Yomi Adventure Trail. 💎"

Source

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Exactly; all new modern track and train. And while the layout will be pretty much the same - it will be lower to the ground to reduce the sound for neighbours so even that isn't an exact rebuild. It's totally a new ride.

cookie

Giga Poster
Tivoli Gardens replaced two of their coasters with near-identical but modernized rides, and I don't recall people arguing they weren't new credits. I don't see how this is different.

Last edited:

TilenB

Strata Poster
Tivoli Gardens replaced two of their coasters with near-identical but modernized rides, and I don't recall people arguing they weren't new credits. I don't see how this is any different.
And Eurosat was replaced by a new and mostly identical coaster as well and it wasn't considered a new coaster by rcdb or coaster-count. Likewise, Plopsaland and Parc Asterix have replaced their aging Tivolies with identical coasters and rcdb didn't make new entries for either of those.

It's all a bit of a mess, really.

cookie

Giga Poster
And Eurosat was replaced by a new and mostly identical coaster as well and it wasn't considered a new coaster by rcdb or coaster-count. Likewise, Plopsaland and Parc Asterix have replaced their aging Tivolies with identical coasters and rcdb didn't make new entries for either of those.

It's all a bit of a mess, really.
Can-Can Coaster still uses parts of the original track for Eurosat, and I believe the same applies to #LikeMe Coaster and SOS Numérobis. I do feel that's different from what Tivoli did with their coasters (Kamelen isn't even the same ride model as Karavanen) and what Europa Park seems to be doing with Alpenexpress, where every single track piece appears to be replaced.

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
First support pieces have arrived for Alpenexpress 2.0:

index.php

The final drop on Tiroler still remains, but work appears to be done to it.

index.php

Europa Park has also shared a photo of the inside of a new "diamond cave", with a look at the plastic "gemstones" which will be used to cover the interior.

PM2023_Edelstein-Grotte_Stuckateurin.jpg

Source:

cookie

Giga Poster
According to Roland Mack, the park is looking to implement major safety upgrades to Geisterschloss over the closed season, hoping to fireproof the building and prevent the loss of another classic attraction in the future.

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
According to Roland Mack, the park is looking to implement major safety upgrades to Geisterschloss over the closed season, hoping to fireproof the building and prevent the loss of another classic attraction in the future.

Security staff are apparently already doing fire safety inspections inside the ride before it's even closed for the season, even showing up on the sets right in front of guests.

0105lfapse.jpg