What's new

Real Madrid Theme Park - Who Wants To Ride Ronaldo?

Smithy

Strata Poster
Reading about the debts Madrid face and there was a small quote about Perez wanting to build a theme park. Looked into it and found this story.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2009/09/ ... -park.html

MADRID (Reuters) - Not content with spending 250 million euros ($368 million) on players over the summer, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is now planning to build a Disney-style theme park about the La Liga club.

The park, which would be at Real's training ground out near the Spanish capital's Barajas airport, will "reflect our history, legend and values," Perez said at the club's general assembly Sunday.

Construction magnate Perez, who returned to the presidency in June after a three-year absence, also told club members he was planning extensive renovations to Real's Bernabeu stadium in central Madrid.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Blaze said:
So the Ronaldo ride would have to be a Dive Machine? :D

Well played sir :p

Not sure what ride type Pepe would be, but I bet it would beat the **** out of you.

andrus

Giga Poster
What a wacky and totally insane idea! But good for us coaster enthusiasts! :--D Although the park won't get that many visitors hence the real heritage will put of the atletico fans as well as several UK tourist etc.

Funny to speculate what the ride names will be. Maybe the "Bankruptcy Mine Train" or the worlds tallest coaster "Los Gallacticos The Ride", but the only thing we can be sure of so far is "Ronaldo The Dive Machine"! :p

Emmett

Giga Poster
I remember hearing something about this a few weeks ago and it sounds like an interesting idea but with Madrid in so much debt I couldn't really see them being able to construct a major park to compete with the likes of the other 2 Madrid parks.

They might just end up with a smaller attraction with some interactive stuff and a museum but with the Spanish government backing Madrid you never know what they may come up with.