What's new

RCT3 | BBH's Simple Coaster Challenge - VOTING!

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: RCT3 | BBH's Simple Coaster Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Last time we had a contest where there was extra points for surrounding area (Colossus' Intamin) I built a whole park.
Sure it was small, but I spent a lot of time theming it and it gave me burn out.

I won't be doing the surrounding area.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I've done an entry and I just need to screenshot it and record a PoV.
Technically what I said above it true. I just so happens I was able to theme my entry to fit into my new project. No prizes to guess the theme :p

I can over hype my entry by saying it's a one-of-a -kind ride and I don't think anyone has done this sort of layout before with this type of Coaster Car.

It's also the simplest layout I've done for any entry in these forum. Never-the-less gave me great headache making it work.

I've also found the usefulness of the save-building tool for doing large-scale construction.
-
I didn't use any Custom Scenery around the coaster. Any custom scenery is not part of the coaster. It's part of the park. But the area which the Coaster is sitting in is Custom-free.
And it's realistic with regarding to the suspension of the track.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

scw55 said:
I can over hype my entry by saying it's a one-of-a -kind ride and I don't think anyone has done this sort of layout before with this type of Coaster Car.

Don't hype your ride like Alton does :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your entry. As for mine, I haven't decided which coaster type I'm going to do, outside of it being an invert. I have a park that needs a B&M and a park that needs an SLC. Decisions, decisions...

I'll also be leaving out custom supports entirely. And the same goes for whichever park I put mine in: it will have CS, but the area surrounding my coaster will not.

BBH

Giga Poster

gopats1479 said:
scw55 said:

Don't hype your ride like Alton does :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your entry. As for mine, I haven't decided which coaster type I'm going to do, outside of it being an invert. I have a park that needs a B&M and a park that needs an SLC. Decisions, decisions...

I'll also be leaving out custom supports entirely. And the same goes for whichever park I put mine in: it will have CS, but the area surrounding my coaster will not.
Which is absolutely fine. So long as the section the coaster is in is CS-free then you will receive full credit.

scw55

Hyper Poster

That's the case with my entry.

The layout is really simple with mine. Don't go expecting my Fire-Bird beast.

It's as simple as Winter Dragon.

scw55

Hyper Poster

My Entry; Date Grove
B&M Wingrider Strata Coaster

AYU8I.jpg

Station

HqNoE.jpg

Inverted Top-Hat

C2wjb.jpg

Camel Hump Roll #1

2XfsK.jpg

Camel Hump Roll #2

POV; Leftside

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYJrkVdRt-E&feature=plcp[/youtube]

BBH

Giga Poster

Really good entry SCW, I like the way you used the med-slope zero-g rolls as camelbacks, however at the height between the final element and the brake run you could've easily used a downhill brake run. Other than that, I'm impressed.

BBH

Giga Poster

scw55 said:
I don't know how to do such a thing.
Depending on which CTR you use it should be on the extended coaster track (most, if not all Wing Coasters are) and because the med-slope zero-g roll is already at a 45-degree angle, you can go down about two in the gentle slope, then look by where the station or picture station piece usually is, and there should be a brake symbol. B&M uses the downhill brake run on quite a few of their coasters nowadays.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I know they do and I understand why they do it because sometimes you want to end the layout sooner than gravity wants you to.

I just didn't know how people did it. I assumed it was some exotic CR.

Thanks for the into. It will help me greatly.

Knowing me I'll use it in a very stupid way. I've always found downwards acceleration entertaining...

BBH

Giga Poster

scw55 said:
I know they do and I understand why they do it because sometimes you want to end the layout sooner than gravity wants you to.

I just didn't know how people did it. I assumed it was some exotic CR.

Thanks for the into. It will help me greatly.

Knowing me I'll use it in a very stupid way. I've always found downwards acceleration entertaining...
It's not available with block brakes, just regular brakes, but yeah, anytime. ;)

Also, if you want to see somebody who tooooooooootally knows what he's doing and yet treats RCT3 as a GAME, which I think it very well is, check out TheRedPandas444 on YouTube and his long-running well-known RCT3 series. :)

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Referring to your first post, I may have to make a new coaster altogether because of the 1-2 car trains. An SLC with only 2 cars doesn't work very well, mind you.

BBH

Giga Poster

How did I forget about the rule myself? :shock: Nonetheless, rules are rules and realism is realism. ;)

gopats1479

Mega Poster

So, if I read this correctly, you are saying that the rules are the rules but realism trumps the rules?

scw55

Hyper Poster

gopats1479 said:
Referring to your first post, I may have to make a new coaster altogether because of the 1-2 car trains. An SLC with only 2 cars doesn't work very well, mind you.

Because you run out of velocity or it doesn't look pretty?
If it's the latter I used a 2 car Wingrider which is the most stupid things to do for a wingrider :p
Then again makes each train look like a X-Wing Fighter.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

^I run out of velocity. It doesn't look pretty either, but I need the momentum carried by the longer trains to make it around the circuit.

Shoulda made a wild mouse :)

scw55

Hyper Poster

I solved the issue by doing a shuttle-variant thing.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

I'm gonna have to enter it as is because I need the ride that way. I'll take a penalty for it if it is deemed necessary.

BBH

Giga Poster

I will allow a max of 4 cars, only if totally necessary.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Well, then I'll need a new coaster. Maybe a MS X-Car or something. But the SLC will not be entered in this comp.