What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

The Claw

Hyper Poster
^ You can actually use RCT2 to open them. If I read it correctly somewhere, all you have to do is open up the .SV4 file in the Scenario Editor and it will work! Some of the rides may dissappear as they are not compatible with RCT2 but that's all really.

Jer

Strata Poster
Yo CP!Is there a way to have the 8 car trianer open in the RCT2 window so i don't have to keep switching

jayjay

Giga Poster
I tried to open up the sv4 files on rct2 but they don't display.
Anyway, I've got a new question. I've found that 8cars works on the laptop so I can use that now. Is there a way to own all the land so that there isn't an ugly fence one square from the edge?

A

Anonymous

^Go to the Park menu in 8cars, Mouse down to Border Fence and click remove.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Claw-
For sinking stations just....
1. Begin Special Build Mode
2. Build your stations
3. Execute sink scenery
4. End Special Build Mode.

When it sinks other sutff as well, that's an error type thing. I have realized that I don't think it works on stuff like tower rides because when you right click to add the stations, the build more tower pieces construction box opens as well. So it sinks everything.
That's why I'm thinking the coaster's gotta be a complete circuit/nonhacked to sink stations. Just a guess, though.. i'm not experienced with this one.

Fool-
End Special Build Mode restores clearnaces

Vampire Freak-
No.

Everything else has been answered, I think.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Hello again. I can't find any information on zero clearancing things using 8cars. Could you either tell me how to do it or point me in th dirsecion of a pre-existing tutorial.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I thought it was on the Main Site... but I guess I haven't given that one to furie yet-- oops!

Anyway, here's what I have for you from my long lost never updated RCT site I used to have.
http://cp6-rct.tripod.com/id2.html

Hopefully that should cover things. When I send the thing to furie, I'll do some more examples of stuff you can do, but that's stuff to figure out.

Remember, make sure your clearances restore when you click that!

A

Anonymous

I've got a problem when sinking entrances, when the ride breaks down, the mechanics can't get to the ride to fix it..

I've tried to build a path down to the exits underground, and it didn't work at all, and for some reason 8Cars can't fix the rides? It just doesn't let me do it.

Any help?!

A

Anonymous

I also get the same problem as Fool,I was wondering how do I hack away wooden coaster surports?

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Hmm haven't come across the problem but it'll probably be the same for me. And the only way to get rid of Wooden Coaster supports is just to put a scenery piece directly underneath it.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Fool & Claw-
I believe that's one of those things that you're just not gonna make work. Sinking station is one of those things where you gotta sacrifice other stuff.
I think, though, if you put the ride in 'test' rather then 'open' it won't break down.

Charlie-
I think the invisible support blocker scenery piece will do it for you. You just gotta raise it right up under the track. Otherwise, it's just placing a scenery piece or ride under the thing... maybe you could put a ride there and make it invisible.. never tried.

A

Anonymous

When Ever I test hacked rides it brakes down and thanks.

-Charlie

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
The RCT Reliable Patch might help some. Or at least some people say it does... I've never got the breakdown problem as bad as some people.

If you download my Kayte Ridge Park, I think the file should be included in the zip. Just double click on it and it should take care of things and make breakdowns less frequent.

Jer

Strata Poster
Hey CP it's been a while. I remember someone made Storm Runner trians for RCT2. Do you possibly have them or a link to the download?

Thanks!

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Download this:
http://www.coasterforce.com/cf-info/vie ... hp?t=10083
(shameless plug)

There should be a .dat object within the zip file. Those are the trians. I really forget what they're called, but they'll probably be at the bottom of the selection list in the editor. They're made by ja227 and called giga looping trains.

When you build with them you'll have to have a knowledge of hacking. The trains are available on B&M, Corkscrew, and LIM track. So if you want to put it on Intamin track you'll have to do some merging or change the track type.

AJ

Giga Poster
Hi, i've made my firts track merged coster. (YES IT'S A LAUNCHER!) I followed the instructions given on the CF site, the train starts to lsunch, but then the game craps on me. It does this everytime. Help?

Here is my coaster :
SCR210.jpg

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I need some more info to help you out.

1. Where does it error?
2. Is it just the usual Error Trapper message?
3. Are you trying to merge an above track coaster with a below track coaster? Cause that's not gonna work.