What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

hey cp6

how can u hack so u can put different rollercoaster cars onto different rollercoaster tracks

and how do u make ur own seanry

plz help me

Sorry everyone, I've been away... in response to the questions:

The Claw: Well, there's a couple things to check on the transfer thing...
-Is the track coming out of the BACK of the station?
-Did you close the ride AFTER the train has left the station?

I don't think it has to do with scenery... if it still persists, get in contact with me again, and I'll see what's up.
-------------
Robertw: No, it works on all types... I've done most of them, including giga. Make sure you have it set in downward launch mode and close it as the train is moving out of the station and it will work.
--------------
Dude: If you care to, type out exactly what you did... everything you press or click... and I'll look over it... also refer to the stuff I said above.
-------------
Coaster_Kid:
I'll assume you don't know too much about hacking, so I'll give it all to you. First, take a look at my website... read the General Info Page.
http://cp6-rct.tripod.com/
Use that to get the 8 cars per trainer.

To put coaster trains on different coaster track.
1. Build the coaster with the desired track type.
2. Open 8 cars.
3. Go to Edit Ride Stats
4. Find your coaster
5. Change the train type to your desired type
6. Click Apply, then OK.
Be warned, the coaster will break down more often.

As for custom scenery, don't do it. I don't know how and just leave it to the experts... imo there are too many people making custom scenery and only a few need to be doing it. But that's just my feeling.

Also, please try to improve your post quality by using capital letters, proper grammar, and spell out words. Thanks.

CedarPoint6 said:
Robertw: No, it works on all types... I've done most of them, including giga. Make sure you have it set in downward launch mode and close it as the train is moving out of the station and it will work.

Thanks, I've got it working now. Don't know what I did wrong.

Anyway, I've done something which I think you might be interested in:

transfertrack.jpg

A train, on transfer track, with no holes in the ground!

Absolutely genuine, and ridiculously simple.

Just follow the instructions on your page, but at the end, after the track has lowered, go back into 8 cars, find the ride and colour scheme, and just click "bury". OK it, and you'll find your transfer track, with the land around it free to adjust.

If you can't quite get all the land back to ground level, you can just lower the track a bit more.

What do you think of that?

Well done, Robert. I've never thought about doing it that way. Good tip... I'll have to change my tutorial there I guess.

Oh also, I tend to start another giga coaster and put 1 piece of track on the back of the transfer thing there to make it look less like it's hanging off of the edge.

Hey CP6. I'm practicing on making looping Dive Machines but I don't know how to merge different tracks together eg. The kick ass DM in the "Circus of Lost Souls" park. How do you do it (if you know that is)?

Alright, so all you want to do is something like X's DM. Well, it's actually a really easy thing... just a standard track merge. PM me your e-mail and I'll send you a tutorial with screens.

But also be aware, that the DM cars will not look right on some track pieces. They aren't programmed to do corkscrews, or zero g rolls, so you'll have to keep that in mind while you build, so it doesn't look lousy when it goes through that.

Thanx CP6. I've been practicing it and I think I got the hang of it. Also thanx for e-mailing me the RCT 2 Competition Bench but for some reason the hotmail server is down.

2?'s

1. What file do you save parks that are finish that you got from other people online? And Where do they show up in the game?

2. Ok I want these two um go karts to go on top of each other, but i dont know if it will work, In the real park they load, then drive on the inner track and dol ike 2 laps, then unload on the outer track again, is there anyway to make it look like they are driving on the inner track, I simmited a pic, so u kinda get what i'm talking about.

1. Parks should be put in:
Local Disk > Program Files > Infogrames Interactive > Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 > Saved Games.
All downloaded parks will be in saved game format.

2. Well, I'm currently working on that. Give me a bit of time... I've done one, but involves coaster track, raising/lowering stuff, changing car types, and other stuff... it's actually incredibly complicated, so it may be a bit.

My 8 cars will not allow me to change the train. And also when I modify a coaster it turns the trains blank. When I open it the train selection area is blank.

Sometimes it does that to the train tab on the little pop up menu for the ride in RCT. That's just one of those hacking problems. As for not allowing you to change a train, how so?

Have you:
-Picked your ride in the menu
-Changed the train type
-Clicked apply

If you've done that, it should work!

Ok, so they're not showing up in the Edit Ride Stats menu of 8 cars? Make sure you actually have a ride selected... Besides that, I don't know... try another 8 cars version.

Well, on this page there's two versions available.
http://cp6-rct.tripod.com/id1.html

The first link takes you to the guy's site so you can download the current version. The one under it that says 'click here to download file', is an original version. I'm actually using the original, because the new one won't restore clearances for me.