What's new

RC Racer - Intamin Halfpipe - Walt Disney Studios DLP

Martyn B

CF Legend
This may actually be old news, but I never knew about it.

http://www.rcdb.com/1170.htm

So its confirmed thats it an Intamin Halfpipe coaster!

dsc00876l.jpg

Colours aren't amazing, I know, but they'll probably suit the Playland theme.

And whilst its still not a fantastic Disney attraction, its better than what I thought it was about an hour ago (Zamperla Disko!)

Ben

CF Legend
Doesn't anyone know when it's meant to open? I'm supposed to be going in June and want a CRED <3

A

Anonymous

If you look at the leaked plans that are posted on Screamscape, then it looks like it will be a pair of duelling half-pipes :) aka. 2 credits!!
I guess they have to do something to increase the capacity as much as possible.
Also if you look on the images then it doesn't look like the normal trains, they looks more like the ones that are to be used on the Vekoma Big-Air with side by side seating...

For Image > Cliky

Martyn B

CF Legend
Doesn't anyone know when it's meant to open? I'm supposed to be going in June and want a CRED <3

Summer 2010 is the only info at the moment, so you may well be lucky!

Loefet, the plans for 2 Halfpipes were abolished apparently, so its only credit I'm afriad. And to get the 'car' to look like RC, I'd guess they'd had to alter their standard cars.

Woo, cant wait to finally get on a Half Pipe!

marc

CF Legend
I am looking forward to getting on a half pipe as well, but I should imagine you would need to get on this 1st thing as the queues will be bad.

Its not very big though only 82'

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It's exactly what the Studios park needed, ANOTHER low capacity ride <3

It could well replace Crush as the "Need to get inside the park at 9:30 just so you're not waiting forever to ride" ride...

Sigh, worse Disney park is the Studios... (Aside from Animagique, Cinemagique, RnR, ToT and Stitch)....

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Hey, Crushkins <3

All the attractions for the Toy Story land are very low capacity, not that I'm too fussed about the two.

Apparently the whole projet is costing around 70m Euro's.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Crush would be awesome if it didn't have an epic queue of urghness...

The ride is good though... Just a shame it's another ride which suffered from lack of effort since a lot more could have been done in the actual coaster section...

A

Anonymous

Looks like bump stops to me...

The reason that there are several of them is because they need that many in case if the train crash in to them, and the reason why there are several small ones are that it would never have worked with one long to stop the train...

(the orange bit's in the middle slides)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Fantastic!

My least favourite Disney park is getting my least favourite coaster type. I will actually be going to Paris this year, but this can basically **** off.

marc

CF Legend
It is strange that its listed in both sections, oh well.

The throughput is not as bad as I thought 460-1100 people an hour, I suppose it depends on the cycle.

A

Anonymous

^^ I think that the different capacity numbers depends on which model (the larger ones take more passengers) and of course the cycle length..

^ Well Hydro isn't on RCDB, so it don't count...

Easy!