What's new

Rant about your home park...

Since we visit our home parks more than any other, we notice a lot about the gaps in their lineups or operations...SSo rant about your issues with your home park below...

SeaWorld SD-
Lack of standout coaster
Lack of station on Emporer
Sometimes poor operations
Lazy ride op's
Having the not as good Journey to Atlantis
Arctic Rescue running one train

Knott's-
Accelerator and its downtime
POny Express being way too short
Ghostriders stupidly long wait
Boardwalk's lack of themeing

Belmont park-
why the hell in Giant Dipper so rough?

although pretty much everything was said above, heres my rant about knotts:

1. Xcelerators stupid down time: for years now i have want to get on xcelerator, however almost everytime i go, xcelerator is either down, or has a STOOPID line.like c'mon man, either make your fast pass better,actually fix the launch,or best of all Top Thrill 2 the f_cker.
  2. knotts taking to damn long on MZFB:idk whats going on but seriouslly, HOW GODDAMN LONG DOES REPLACING A LAUNCH TAKE, yeah i get it Psyke underground at walibi beligum to along time, but they did not have problems with whos replacing the launch or SOMEHOW "ACCIDENTLY" REMOVING A WHOLE.F_CKING.LOOP. (learned from a reddit comment, take with a grain of salt)
  3. EVERYLINE (GhostRider in particular): im not sure about other parks in cali but my god...FIX YOUR F-CKING LINES KNOTTS, everytime i go there every line is sat over 60 minutes,like...HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE...whos gonna want to wait 1:30 for an admitidly sh!tty zerie tivoli. Oh and dont even get me started with GhostRides lines (i once saw a line for GhostRider take 3:45HRS)
  4. GhostRider being overrated: in relation to GhostRider, i just wish that GhostRider was retracked by gravity group. it would have been awsome to see Ghostie's first drop be increased to somthing like 60dg as uposed to the 51 it currently stand at, and also making some hills and turns sharper so the forces could be stronger. yeah i understand the GG precut/prefab track wasnt a thing yet, but it would have been cool to see. RMC GhostRider would have been cool aswell but there concepts out there that would be 100times better than my ideas.

See WTF BPB topic.

In my opinion, they have the best coaster line up in the UK, but the way the park is operating these days is a mixture of depressing and dam right concerning. To say they aren't living up to their potential is the understatement of the millennium, and the longer it goes on the more complicated untangling the endless knots of faults become.

If you had to summaries 5 key points they would be as follows;

* They refusal to accept the the Grand National and Nickelodeon Streak are both embarrassingly slow at turning around the trains. They fact that both have seen changes for the worse in 2006 and 2011 yet are still as farcical in 2023 is a problem. Add that to the fact that all but for the most hardened coaster nut find the National unpleasant to reride these days again highlights another problem.

* The trains on the Grand National are killing the track and causing rider discomfort and even injuries. The ride is desperately in need to new trains and a complete retrack.

* Poor opening times. The park is located on the Blackpool seafront, a place that on a lot of summer evenings remains busy into the night, specially in the summer and illuminations, yet they close at 5-6pm despite having a park that looks amazing in the dark.

*Staggered opening/closing of rides. Regardless of the parks hours, some rides open up to 2 hours after the park, while some close before ride close. Ridiculous, specially at busy times.

* They refuse to allow none-riders in for a reduced price. Sure, a lot of others don't, but they aren't seeing the potential walk-in trade that BPB does, nor are they in a seaside location where mum and dad, go with granny and 2 kids.

Six Flags STL

ugh, there's a lot.

Either RMC or retrack or take out Boss. It can't stay like this

Open your dang cloned Vekoma. It's not that hard.

2 Train Ops on Mr. Freeze, please

There's more but that's the main coaster ones.