Social Media Team
And as if by magic, two topics become one.
I knew it! And based on the dates, I must have scrolled right past it when I tried manually searching. Eh, it is what it is!I specifically remember doing one, so you're right:
Welcome to another "rank the x" thread! This time with CCI woodies. I'll start. 1. GhostRider - Knott's Berry Farm 2. Cornball Express - Indiana Beach 3. Raven - Holiday World 4. Hoosier Hurricane - Indiana Beach 5. Legend - Holiday World 6. Boss - Six Flags St. Louis 7. Lost Coaster of...coasterforce.com
Search function says CCI is too common, otherwise it could have been confused by the misplaced apostrophe in the original.
I should have gained a load last month, but nothing has changed since I last posted in there (unsurprisingly).
Hixee said:It's good and all, but it's very 'old fashioned', and not in the "ah the good old days" kinda way - more the "look how far we've come" kinda way.
In my sadly limited experience of CCIs, no it's not amongst the better ones. GhostRider is cheating like you mentioned but it's so superior in layout that it's rather incomparable. I can't see a rejuvenation of Megafobia putting it in the same league (though I'd be more than happy to get proved wrong on that).is Megafobia one of the more highly ranked CCIs
It's not quite this either, because that implies quantity is a factor in setting the bar so low, as opposed to quality. If we could just have one thing that was good (pretty much any other GCI would have sufficed) then Megafobia would have the carpet ripped from under it's footers.is it just that the UK doesn’t have an awful lot of wooden coasters?
1 Boulder Dash - My #1, out of some 1,040 coasters I've ridden <3
2 Cornball Express - It's been 15 years.... But I'd love to reride it. Was in my top 5 wood for a long while.
3 Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain - absolutely LOVE this awful coaster.
4 Silver Comet - Still top 1- worthy <3
5 Timber Terror - Went to Silverwood expecting to love Tremors but ended up falling for this.
6 Cyclops - Legendary CCI airtime... well, until it was re-profiled. Still gonna give it the legendary status even if its been highly tamed.
7 Legend - So, so much better than Raven. <3
8 New Mexico Rattler - pretty awesome ride stuck in a park with somewhat meh operations and waayyyy to hot. #ripCCI
9 Excalibur - My first CCI and my first 'modern' woodie. Rode it the year it opened without even knowing it was at the park <3
10 GhostRider - Done it with both the PTC and GCI trains. Maybe over-hyped but its not a bad ride either.
11 Tremors - loved it but one train op's suxxx.
12 Cheetah - Even with G-Trains, I love this ride, Wild Adventures is my nearest non-home park and I try and visit at least once a year
13 Shivering Timbers - More I rode it, the less I liked it :|
14 Kingdom Coaster - Awesome midsized/family woodie
15 Megafobia - Kinda forgettable? Wasn't bad but it didn't live up to the hype either
16 Twisted Twins - Meh?
17 Great White - Kinda meh, it looks nice and its run smooth but it doesn't really do much for me.
18 Hurricane - Was on the last public train, ever. Got evac'd off the lifthill too.
19 Outlaw - the GCI CCI!
20 Tomahawk - EHh?
21 Cannonball Run - Meh but not bad, just not very good either. Oddly enough I made two visits to Waterville..
.yet I still haven't made it to the other CCI in Alabama.
22 Hoosier Hurricane - Meh
23 Underground - questionable credit
24 Zach's Zoomer - Is what it is
25 Stampida - Gross, and the *worst* trains, ever.
26 Pegasus - Gross
27 Boss - Meh, haven't done it since the helix removal (the worst part of the ride) but at least the ride *looks* beautiful
28 Zeus - Garbage
29 Raven - Dont @ me
I could have SWORN we had a topic for one of the most popular coaster manufacturers of the 90s, but the search function turned up nil. CCI woodies became quite common at parks over time with some rides being regarded as top tier coasters and others ultimately yielding utter crap. Many still stand while others have recently been converted into RMC monsters, and some have even met a sad fate and have been removed. And because WHO DOESN'T LOVE A GOOD LIST THREAD, obviously, how do you rank the ones you've been on?!
- Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce - Truly a special ride with essentially nothing else to compare to. It's almost completely enshrouded in trees on the side of the hill throughout its lengthy layout.
- Medusa - Six Flags Mexico - The original Medusa was so darn good in its own right prior to its conversion due to its placement in a ravine and its unique layout. I can only imagine how good Medusa Steel Coaster is.
- Tonerre de Zeus - Parc Asterix - I rode this over a decade ago so its high ranking may come as a surprise, but back then it was smooth as glass and provided a long, airtime filled ride from start to finish.
- Excalibur - Funtown Splashtown - Another ride that used its length, speed, and airtime to bolster the ride's strength. It's a hidden gem up in Maine.
- Tremors - Silverwood Theme Park - I was a bit surprised that this isn't higher in my own list considering how I showered it in praise last week. It's excellent, but it's not quite as long as those above, it's slightly rougher, and it does have one or two slow spots. Granted, if I rode it a decade ago instead of now, I'd probably remember it even more fondly and rank it higher.
- Cornball Express - Indiana Beach - It's the surprise at the Beach. How'd they manage so much airtime in such a bizarre layout.
- Raven - Holiday World - If it was 500 feet longer, it'd be in the top three of this list. It has the same formula as those at the top, but it's just too short.
- Timber Terror - Silverwood Theme Park - Very good airtime but a fairly standard, short layout.
- Legend - Holiday World - I'm in the minority when it comes to Legend, but the ride is significantly better after GCI got its hands on it.
- Shivering Timbers - Michigan's Adventure - I still enjoy its hilly, mile long layout, but it's still a comparatively average ride.
- Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain - Indiana Beach - Locosumo is the quirkiest of the list and it plays this strength well.
- Silver Comet - Fantasy Island - Another ride with which I'm apparently in the minority. It has its shining moments but the middle section is kind of dull.
- Cyclops - Mt. Olympus - All that needs to be known about this ride is that the final drop off the side of the hill is incredible.
- Boss - Six Flags St. Louis - I guess it's better now? I thought it was alright a decade ago.
- Zeus - Mt. Olympus - It exists.
- Hoosier Hurricane - Indiana Beach - It also exists.
- GhostRider - Knott's Berry Farm - Yet another minority opinion, granted I didn't get to ride it post GCI rework. I recall an incredibly rough ride with zero airtime and awful laterals. Sounds like how everybody describes Legend...maybe they're getting their rides mixed up?
- Pegasus - Mt. Olympus - It really wasn't bad at all, but it is the park's kids coaster so it's incredibly tame.
- Zach's Zoomer - Michigan's Adventure - See above. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just gauged for the young thrill seekers.
- Villain - Geauga Lake - It got the fate it deserved.
Consider it upped. 1.38%.I need to up my CCI game. 0.54% of the count?
0. Tonnere deux Zeus - Seems the whole holy trinity of wooden manufacturers has a knack for making CCIs better now.Just booked some tickets for an imminent deux Zeus, so looking forward to that. Is it also cheating? Probably.