What's new

Rank the RMCs

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
IntaminToWin said:
Medusa seems the consensus favorite so far. Having been on none but watched every POV a billion times, what about Medusa makes it so good?
Sorry for somehow overlooking this post.
Although I wish it had a regular drop, I'm not sure if the inverted one off the lift hill is what generates so much speed or not. But for me that's what sets it apart from all the others. Sure it has everything we expect from RMC - smooth inversions, extreme over-banked turns and **** loads of airtime, but it's the relentless pace from start to finish that pumps my nads.

Snoo

The Legend
1. Goliath
2. Outlaw Run
3. Medusa
4. Wicked Cyclone
5. New Texas Giant
6. Twisted Colossus
7. Iron Rattler

Bold what I have not been on. I think Medusa is great but time and again, the Topper beats out Iron Horse on every occasion. I am HEAVILY partial to true woodies, as my Top 10 indicates, but that doesn't mean I don't like me some steel action (WC is my #12 for instance).

The great part about all of this is that I do not think any of these rides are bad by ANY sort of the word. Of course, when comparing, some rides have drastic differences compared to others.

FYI: Goliath beat Outlaw by the width of a hair. Both rides are immensely incredible, but the shock of riding Goliath the first time I simply did not have riding Outlaw. Of course, I rode Outlaw a solid 20 times and Goliath only 3. The more I visit GAm, we'll see how my feelings change.

I have Iron Rattler and New Texas Giant to get in the coming days, and Goliath by the end of the season, but after the two I've done so far I'd put Wicked Cyclone ahead of Outlaw Run by a fair bit. Outlaw Run was a bit short and I found the airtime better on Wicked Cyclone.

Ben

CF Legend
I'll just the rank the ones I've been on...

1. Iron Rattler
2. Outlaw Run
3. Wicked Cyclone

But they're all absolutely outstanding, top five coasters.

Darren B

Giga Poster
From the 4 I've been on...

1. Goliath
2. Iron Rattler
3. Wicked Cyclone
4. Outlaw Run

All of them are so ridiculously good! RMC are far and away the best coaster manufacturer at this current moment.

Of the 3 I haven't yet been on, I'd rank them..

1. Twisted Collosus
2. Steel Medusa
3. New Texas Giant

I got spited out of NTG and I won't get Goliath until September, so for now I'd say Wicked Cyclone is a front runner by a long shot, followed by Iron Rattler in second and Outlaw Run in third. Those two were very close though, because Outlaw Run was slightly short but relentless, whereas IRatz was longer but had the dead bit in the middle.

Went back to get NTG so these are my rankings after getting four.

1. Wicked Cyclone- By far the best of the three. It took everything good about all the others and combined it into one great ride. It has a longer duration like NTG, the airtime of NTG, and the speed/relentlessness of Outlaw Run and IRatz.

2. Iron Rattler- This took a few rides to grow on me. I didn't like it at first, but as it warmed up I warmed up to it. It's a bit short and I didn't like the bit on the hill, but the inversions and two drops along with the few pops of airtime in the middle are great. I had a hard time choosing this over Outlaw as they're pretty much swappable.

3. Outlaw Run- If only it were slightly longer. The first drop underwhelmed me a bit and I just thought it could've lasted a bit longer/had a few more hills or something. Still very, very good.

4. New Texas Giant- Has a great layout and a lot of little pops of airtime but just didn't feel as a relentless and crazy as the others. The only one not in my top ten.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Darren B said:
From the 5 I've been on...

1. Goliath
2. Iron Rattler
3. Wicked Cyclone
4. New Texas Giant
5. Outlaw Run

All of them are so ridiculously good! RMC are far and away the best coaster manufacturer at this current moment.

Of the 2 I haven't yet been on, I'd rank them..

1. Twisted Collosus
2. Steel Medusa

Updates in bold.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
The ones I've done:

1. Goliath
2. Wicked Cyclone
3. Iron Rattler
4. Outlaw Run
5. New Texas Giant

The ones I haven't:

1. Medusa Steel Coaster
2. Twisted Colossus

Snoo

The Legend
The funny thing about ranking these rides is that none of them suck by ANY means, and ranking one last doesn't mean you hate it because they have ALL been good coasters. I do not know a manufacturer that can say that from their earliest creations. That's when you know you've been creating great coasters.

davidm

Strata Poster
Been thinking about this a bit since I did the original 3 recently, and as Snoo says, its all good.

But if I had to rank them;

1. Outlaw Run
2. Iron Rattler
3. New Texas Giant

Really torn between 2 and 3 though - finally decided that the train on NTG is just too horrible to make up for so that swings it.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Of the 2 I've been on-
1. Goliath
2. New Texas Giant

If I were to rank them all just by looks-
1. Wicked Cyclone
2. Twisted Colossus
3. Outlaw Run
4. Goliath
5. Medusa
6. Texas Giant
7. Iron Rattler

Ben

CF Legend
Darren B said:
Darren B said:
From the 5 I've been on...

1. Goliath
2. Iron Rattler
3. Wicked Cyclone
4. New Texas Giant
5. Outlaw Run

Of the 2 I haven't yet been on, I'd rank them..

1. Twisted Collosus
2. Steel Medusa

Updates in bold.

No bae, no.

I've decided finally on;

1. Iron Rattler
2. Outlaw Run
3. Wicked Cyclone
4. NTG

NTG is quite a step behind the other three for me, which are all close. It's still great but, tamer by far.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, it's better.

IRatz is flawless, you have it much too low.

But then you have Maverick above Skyrush.

Actually, WTF is your top ten about.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Hyde said:
Iron Rattler before Outlaw Run? I am intrigued.

Iron Rattler is clearly better than Outlaw Run, it offers so much more variety. And those 3 drops <3

I have to ask, why is Ravine Flyer II number 1 overall for you? I'm assuming you've left it there my mistake? Or you've mistaken it for Boardwalk Bullet?

It's not a bad coaster by any means, but it's easily the weakest of the 6 I've been on. The bridge sections are brilliant, the rest is really non eventful, however.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
This is very difficult now. Twisted Colossus was so good and had so many novel elements to it but it is limited somewhat by the previous incarnation. NTG is faster and more grown up and has much more airtime. Hmmm. I think it has to be TC though just for that gorgeous zero g. So:

Twisted Colossus
New Texas Giant
Iron Rattler