What's new

Queue Jumping Justice!

Million Dollar

Roller Poster
On Sunday I decided to take a trip to Thorpe Park with some friends, while in the queue for Colossus (which was long and dull!) something hilarious happened so I thought I would share it with you........

About 15 miuntes into the queue, 4 people decide to queue jump so they can be with their mates that were stood right in front of us (a group of about 12). Of course people don't usually say anything because people cannot be bothered with an argument or fight, so they had happily pushed their way pass quite a few people. No sooner had they got to their mates when a female member of Thorpe staff arrives telling them to go to the back of the queue. As you can imagine they weren't up for doing this, what was even more funny was that they then wouldn't admit which 4 out of the group it was!! So she then says that the whole group have to go to the back, again that wasn't going to happen. Much arguing, swearing (from them not her!) and threatening later she tells them that she is off to call security!!

So 25 minutes later and they are still in the queue loving the attention and being general tw*ts when an announcement is made for everyone to stand to the left so security staff can make their way through the queue. This gee's them all up and they start gobbing off and making out they are up for a fight, one even said he was going to "pop a bullet in her head when she gets here!!".
Security arrive and a couple of staff in light blue shirts (management??) and shock horror they all start to panic!! The security guys talk to the one who was gobbing off the most for a couple of minutes and then with that the entire group were ushered out of the queue. As they were leaving the 'ringleader' said "remember where we are in the queue though yeah, cos I didn't queue jump and I don't wanna have to queue from the back again!!".
This is the first time I have ever seen this happen and it was so funny to watch!! Has anyone else ever seen this happen or got any other stories like it??

peep

CF Legend
^Haha, nothing ever will.

I've seen and heard stuff like this quite a bit. But queue jumping happens so often that a lot of them go unnoticed etc. I just never understand the mentality of the people that do it.

Haha that's actually pretty funny, I'd laugh if I saw it.

But no, nobody has ever had "queue jumping justice" at a park while I have been there, unfortunately. Usually I am pretty lucky with that though as I don't see many of them in the first place.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well done Thorpe for sticking to their word. However, when I complained to some security that some people had queue jumped a 60 min Stealth queue, they did nothing. Probably because the lads who had queue jumped were all male, over 6ft and built like brick **** houses.

Million Dollar, I'm assuming that the queue jumpers evicted on Sunday were all young, non-intimating members of society? :wink:

A-Kid

Giga Poster
...Becoming quite a common thing at Thorpe. I don't wanna sound offencive to anyone, but were they all black by any chance? That kind are normaly the biggest issue at that park, going around without any care to other guests. Or was it chavs that act like them? Normaly give the 'race card' or something a like, which just pisses me off.

Good on Security anyway. After seeing things like this many times, I just wish they could deal with things in a more suttle way, (i.e. no bright yellow uniform) but thats just me.

STC

Mega Poster
A-Kid said:
...Becoming quite a common thing at Thorpe. I don't wanna sound offencive to anyone, but were they all black by any chance? That kind are normaly the biggest issue at that park, going around without any care to other guests. Or was it chavs that act like them? Normaly give the 'race card' or something a like, which just pisses me off.
Meh, that's crap, and a bit depressing (and offensive) to read. Nearly all the chavs I've seen at Thorpe who queue jump have been white. You also have to take into account the non-white proportion of London is far higher than anywhere else in the UK.

Best queue jumping justice I saw was on X2. It was the usual thing, 2 or 3 teenage girls were making their way to their friends an hour or so through the queue. The guy standing behind where their friends were started to argue after they'd passed him to no avail, so he suddenly shouted "OH MY GOD I THINK THAT'S MY MUM IN FRONT OF YOU" and dramatically pushed them out the way and went in front of them. :lol:

Steven

Giga Poster
LA county fair. EVERY MAN FOR HIM SELF! (or woman). Plus being America you don't argue if your like me. Minimum security, maximum paramedics. Works out there some how, I think? Mind you was 110 degrees Fahrenheit there just after midday!

DropZone99

Mega Poster
Good story! Honestly whenever I see line jumping I usually don't say anything (unless it's an adult or someone who wouldn't fight.) Mainly because I'm 5ft. 6in., skinny, and weak and they would beat me up. At KI (and most CF parks) they never say anything about Line Jumping... I have seen people drink alcohol, smoke, and pop pills in line for Invertigo before and I did get security.

My last visit to KI me, friend Brian, friend Mitchell, and some other guy I didn't know where in front of Diamondback sitting at a table waiting for Don Helbig (Brian is the leader of ACE SOAR, and was planning an event with Don.) At the table next to us, this mexican guy was smoking a cigar in a non designated smoking area. An employee just happened to be walking by and politely asked him to either go to the designated area or put the cigar out. He didn't do anything. About a minute later security and Greg Sheid (I think it was him..) were called and reported to the scene. About 5 minutes later they got him to go to the designated area, but when security walked away, the Mexican guy went back to the table and smoked. So security came back, and sooner or later him and his family were kicked out of the park. I'm glad they did this, but I just wish people would realize that they aren't supposed to smoke in certain areas. It's bad enough they are giving them selves lung cancer, but they're also giving it to other people...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Nothing I <3 <3 <3 more than kicking queue-jumpers to the back of the line.

When I approach them, I always give them a very simple set of options:

Go to the back of the line.
or
Get kicked out of the park.

You'd be surprised how many people shut their mouth and head straight for the back.

...and I always hang out to make sure that they don't do it again as soon as I walk away.

I've done it when I was a ride op, and moreso now that I'm in security.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
A-Kid said:
Good on Security anyway. After seeing things like this many times, I just wish they could deal with things in a more subtle way, (i.e. no bright yellow uniform) but thats just me.

No way.

By doing it in front of everybody there's two benefits:

People are very happy when line jumpers are dealt with. (positive PR)

It makes a visual example for others and acts as a deterrent to more line jumping.

(Third benefit: you're less likely to get your arse kicked if they are bigger than you! )

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
A-Kid said:
were they all black by any chance? That kind are normaly the biggest issue at that park, going around without any care to other guests.

A-Kid said:
I just wish they could deal with things in a more suttle way

Yes, because subtlety is one of your strong points.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ha thats wicked..

When i worked at Chessington, I used to watch the queue jumpers and wait till they got to the air gates in the station and then refuse them to ride. Thats even harsher than calling security half way through.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^LOL! I used to do that too when I was in Rides department!

Then the alternative for them was to exit the station on their own or exit when security arrived.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I remember being in line for Maverick at Cedar Point a month and a half ago. Some Security people came up the line, and I figured they were there to kick people out. Sure enough, there was a group of four people or so that got kicked out of it. I think it's fairly safe to assume that they line jumped. Good to see they got what they deserved. There's very little I hate more (at theme parks, anyways) that think they are entitled to jump ahead of people that have been in line for over an hour sometimes. They're always "with friends", too. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Great story. The nerve of some people is just ridiculous. Theme parks just bring out the worst in some people I guess.