What's new

Quality not Quantity

Sandman

Giga Poster
In your opinion, which country has the highest density of top-tier parks whilst also boasting the fewest mediocre/crap parks?

Simply, which country is quality over quantity?

Straight off the bat, according to RCDB, Sweden has 19 extant amusement parks. A rather small number. Without looking into the stats in depth (@Matt N, I'm relying on you here) we already know that Liseberg and Grona are the most well-established parks. Both very popular and considered to be two of the best parks in Europe. So based on that alone, that has to be 'up there' somewhere?

USA, whilst boasting many huge, incredible parks, may be let down by the sheer number of parks it contains. So, so many. And plenty of no so good parks, which will tip the scale unfavourably, I'd imagine.

It's an interesting one. Thoughts?

Sandman

Giga Poster
I mean it depends on what you call top tier, but I’d imagine Netherlands, Belgium and UAE aren’t doing too bad on this front

Belgium only has 12 extant parks, according to rcdb. There's not a lot of dead weight over there, and now that the likes of Walibi Belgium and Plopsaland are investing in subjectively world-class coasters, there's definitely an argument for Belgium being up near the top of the list of quality countries.

Last edited:

Christian

Hyper Poster
Sweden is totally up there. As is UAE, Finland, Denmark and Belgium. Would also put Poland there if you don't count alpine coasters.