What's new

PTR Mt Olympus 8-11

tribar

Mega Poster
Went to Mt Olympus today. A decent park but it sure isn't Disney or Cedar Point

Hades was a piece of crap. About 10x worse than Mean Streak. Still it provided a couple great moments of airtime. Pegasus wasn't anything special. Not to rough but basically no airtime. Zeus wasn't nearly as rough as people said it was. And i rode in the second to last car on a nearly empty t met.rain. And Cyclops was rough but also was full of airtime. Couldn't find Opa but i probably would have hated it just like i hate RC. And Litte Titans i was too tall. :roll: :lol:

Anyway onto the pictures

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Took the pictue too late :D

025.jpg

029.jpg

Robot World

030.jpg

Noah's Ark

031.jpg

Hades

053.jpg

Zeus

052.jpg

More of Hades

056.jpg

Hades goes under the parking lot and over into the section

055.jpg

And into this section

Then it goes back under and goes over the smaller hill right next to the largest drop.

054.jpg

049.jpg

I think this is Cyclops but it might be Zeus. Either way you can walk right up to coaster track at several points in the park

051.jpg

Wow this is such a unique policy. Walmart and Target should consider something like this. :lol: :lol:

050.jpg

That sign is pretty much the only thing keeping people out of here. There were a lot of workers around this area but still maybe a gate would be a smart idea

048.jpg

Another view of how close the track is

047.jpg

Zeus had a full queue. That's right all the way down the stairs. Probably wouldn't be more than 20-25 minutes. On a side note i took this on the way out. We hit this first thing with a nearly empty station.

046.jpg

045.jpg

044.jpg

Fun Go Carts. Too bad they had about a half hour wait. Really Slow moving line plus the constant smell of gas = :? .

043.jpg

Cyclops

042.jpg

That breath taking drop

040.jpg

The best part of the ride is quickly followed by the worst with a really rough section of track.

038.jpg

Only Bathroom i ever saw in the park

037.jpg

Zeus, Hades and Cyclops

036.jpg

This sign cost me a credit :cry:

033.jpg

034.jpg

057.jpg

Trojan Horse

059.jpg

058.jpg

Pegasus

060.jpg

and i'll wrap this up with a picture of the entrance to Hotel Rome

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hades?! Crap?! WHAT?! The pre-tunnel section is a bit rubbish but the drop, tunnel, turnaround and tunnel again is one of my favourite coater experiences! You've made me cry.

Although I do agree about Cyclops' drop, it is amazing. However, I think there is a dose of psychological enjoyment there due to the "No under 18's on back row" sign.

Did you have a go on any of the awesome go-kart tracks?

tribar

Mega Poster
^^Yeah i went on Posiden Carts. Those are the ones with the upward Helix and downward Firgue 8. They were very fun but most of the big ones had full to near full queues so we didn't ride any after that

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE-hhEn_F38[/youtube]

Video i took of Little Titans

Mike

Giga Poster
I agree with Ian; Hades is definitely not as bad as some people seem to make it out to be!
Other than Hades and that one Cyclops drop, the rest of the park is pretty crap. If they actually buy some more trains for their coasters, my opinion MIGHT go up a little bit about the place. :p

tribar

Mega Poster
^I Found Zeus to be fun. It wasn't as rough as everyone said and it had some good airtime.