What's new

"Prowler" - GCI Woodie for Worlds of Fun

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Hooray for the first pullout!

9.jpg

A

Anonymous

I have to admit this bridge thing sounds exciting to me, now just wait it will probably suck ass now.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Kansas City, Mo. - Worlds of Fun amusement park, KCTV 5, and Susan G. Komen Kansas City team up to fight breast cancer with a first rider auction on the new PROWLER roller coaster. Worlds of Fun announces bidding is now open for guests to be the first official riders on the new PROWLER scream machine, with one hundred percent of proceeds benefiting Komen Kansas City for the Cure.

Bidding is now open for 18 pairs of seats on the first PROWLER trains at the ride's grand opening, Saturday, May 2, 2009. Bidding for this unique and thrilling event starts at $100 and closes at 10:00 am on Wednesday, April 22, 2009. More information on bidding is available, and bids may be placed and monitored at worldsoffun.com or http://prowler.worldsoffun.com. For those not able to bid, visit kctv.com for a chance to win a pair of seats through the KCTV5 Weather Blog.

Along with being among the first in the world to ride PROWLER, winning bidders will receive a pair of commemorative first-rider tickets, recognition at the ride, two admissions to enjoy the rest of the day, two 2009 Good-Any-Day tickets, and special park gifts. Plus, winning bidders will share their ride with KCTV 5 Chief Meteorologist Katie Horner and staff members of Komen Kansas City.

Since 1993, Susan G. Komen Kansas City has granted $5.3 million into the Greater Kansas City area for breast health education, breast cancer screening, and treatment programs. Komen Kansas City has also funded over $1.6 million for national breast cancer research. Susan G. Komen for the Cure has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer over the past 25 years – transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors. The Komen Greater Kansas City Affiliate is part of the largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer in the world, and is a proud member of the Kansas City Cancer Coalition and the Missouri Cancer Consortium.

The $8 million custom built PROWLER is the seventh roller coaster at Worlds of Fun and stretches 3,074 feet throughout the wooded terrain of the park's Africa section. The two-and-a-half minute high speed chase begins with a swooping 85 foot plummet followed by a seemingly endless amount of high speed hills and sharply banked turns that hug the wooded land below. For more information on PROWLER, including virtual ride videos, photos, and statistics, visit worldsoffun.com.

Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun are owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FUN". In addition to Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun, Cedar Fair owns and operates 10 other amusement parks, five other waterparks, one indoor waterpark resort, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, California, under a management contract.

Link

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfXIWyuPJZE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.screamscape.com%2Fhtml%2Fworlds_of_fun.htm&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Video should say it all, really.

UC, Ben, the stage is yours.

Ollie

CF Legend
I think it looks quite good. Like Benin said, it seems to have some nice airtime spots and the layout is long and twisty. :)

Ben

CF Legend
I think that looks cool. It looks like it gets better as the ride goes on (which I like) and seems to have a decent length and some really nifty looking airtime spots.

Also, I imagine it wasn't running its best when that video was taken, so, that's probably about as slow as it'll be. Yay for warming up!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The ride looks to get better as the ride goes on. That double down looks to be the best part.

U.S. Live next year?

Maverix

Mega Poster
At first I didn't like the look of this ride but now it's starting to grow on me. Looks like it'll be another great GCI woody.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
it looks alrite but it just dosent lok lke it has that muvh air tuime but hoo am i to be the jjudge i will go and try it out

EDIT: No need to report this post, the Mods and HarryBoyy are aware - Slayed.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
I agree with whoever said about it getting better as it goes on. I can see some spots after the 1min mark where there seems to be some decent airtime.

davidm

Strata Poster
Just been on this today! :)

S'very good. Terrain hugging, fast, sweeping left and right, a top ride.

(Bit hard to photograph from the park tho' so P:TR will not be amazing).

Dave likes!