What's new

Project: Roller Coaster Updated

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Who knows :O

Considering it takes whole game companies years to make some games, i think considering that i'm working single handedly i should be given some slack from the people who are complaining that i'm working too slow :(

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ I don't think they're complaining you're working slow, it just looks so great people get a little impatient. It's amazing that you've done this much singlehandedly within a reasonable time frame. Good work!

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Sorry! I didn't mean that to sound quite as harsh as i did lol!

I'm just getting all the final bits on the game now, mainly sorting out the lift systems so the look a bit more realistic.

I think i've got the first coaster game to have catwalks and cameras on brake runs :)

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Currently working on the interface for the simulation part of the game. Every aspect of it is on Automatic mode by default, but if you want to have a play around manually then you can work it manually!

simhudwip.png

peep

CF Legend
That looks really good, it has a nice simple interface too. Sorry if you have mentioned this before but when and how is it being released?

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Thanks! I don't know when, it's hard to judge how often i can work on it because it's a hobby rather than a job :(

I'm 99.9% certain it'll be this year though!

CMonster

Giga Poster
Wow!! That looks amazing! It is the perfect blend of RCT and NoLimits. Keep up the great work, I know I'll definetely be getting this when it comes out. :--D

Jools

Giga Poster
I know it's probably too late, but a goo dname for a Manufactuerer would be: Satomach :p [/quote]

NickkyG

Mega Poster
That does sound pretty good! But i've been in contact with all the manufacturers, and they're allowing me to use their names and logos in the game which is pretty cool.

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
Could you explain to me how you will issue the expansion pack??? Like they supply their email and you email them a download link? If so that will not be good... Easily stolen.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Instead of purchasing the download, you infact purchase an account which you sign into the game with.

Pros:
Users can interact in-game, easily share levels online and rate levels, the users with the highest scores will be listed by each level.

Cons:
To use the paid features, you need to be connected to the internet while playing.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Well the paid features all require the internet, you can't download online levels, use an online high score table or upload custom levels without an internet connection :(

You would be able to play custom levels while not on the internet, but you would need the internet connection to download htem prior to playing.

Slash

Giga Poster
Nikky may I just say this looks excellent. Its going to be a great game. How much do you reckon it will cost?