What's new

Project Adelaide - You Tease You...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I'm back in the realms of RCT after the reasonable absence after the usual lack of interest in Pirate's Cove...

So instead of a full-blown park, I'm just done a min-park which could easily be a themed area of a park (which is how it was to be originally)...

Miner's Canyon features 4 rides, 2 shops and a restaurant, all this whilst transporting you to an old forgotten mining town where the machinery has gone haywire, explosions are occuring frequently in an old dynamite store, and the old mine is now flooded and said to be haunted...

So today we shall look at the area's entrance as well as the two flat rides, Excavator and TNT...

And to the entrance we go... Small and understated, unlike the coaster...
nna1j7.jpg

Random buildings are dotted around the area to give a town feeling...
2ykkm7l.jpg

Excavator's entrance and building...
o7t7px.jpg

Excavator is an indoor Thunderbobs ride, going both forwards and backwards as the old drill malfunctions...
23m7u5e.jpg

Next up is TNT...
288p8pl.jpg

Yes it's an Afterburner, of course it would be :p
n14ev4.jpg

Inside the queue/batching building we see some theming...
wstcow.jpg

Restaurant... Ignore the thing in the background :p
im2xk1.jpg

Includes a patio and a new view onto the coaster...
5v8902.jpg

And that's it for this update, in all honesty this is near enough done apart from some buildings next to the flume ride... Once those are done I can say I've finished a project for once :lol:

Comments would be delightful...

peep

CF Legend
Looks really nice. The theming is really good and I want to see more of that small coaster that seems to linger in the background :wink:

Rush

Giga Poster
I'm impressed. The park looks very neat and tidy which is something that makes a park look better! This looks like a park made on Atari forums. The buildings are all very nice and although some of them look a bit blocky, (2nd picture down) they too look very neat and well made.

The theming for the Afterburner is superb also. Also that is one of the nicest park entrances I've seen

Keep up the high quality work, I'm looking forward to seeing the rollercoaster and what else you can make.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^^Thankyou very much Mr. John, though your eyes must be playing tricks on you, there's no small coaster in the background ;)

^Blockiness is my special trade :p Always has been the way in my parks and what-not... Either way thanks for the nice comments...

Anyways, today's update is the Log Flume, known as Haunted Mine... It features 3 drops and a backwards section deep within Miner's Mountain (Cedar Fair naming skills... I has them)...

But of course, pictures are better are they not? Roll them...

Walking down the midway, past the toilet block...
2udvplw.jpg

Over there is the entrance and station...
doqwt5.jpg

And the queue...
2akkkk.jpg

Inside the station, I even had room to put in random boat storage areas :p
dlgld4.jpg

Off we go...
2n1s402.jpg

Down the first part of the river, we float past a flooded town... Watch out for the Church...
vec9ci.jpg

Then into a building for the first drop...
nfgtud.jpg

Nowt special, slight dampening but that's it... For now...
2u4hf13.jpg

The mountain awaits...
2ypkzm0.jpg

No pics from the inside, but here's a part where we leave the interior of the mountain to the fresh air again...
35k1nvn.jpg

Then the main drop...
2l97983.jpg

do8jo9.jpg

Water cannons and geysers are set up near the drop for extra money and fun...
i39zf8.jpg

And that's the flume... Only the coaster to show now ;) Tease you with this last shot...
2jbnsj5.jpg

Thankyou...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Brilliant Benin, such a lot of work for a simple log flume! Well done!

I'm not overly convinced by the pyramidical (new word) roof on the station, but other than that, it's very lush. You've got a real eye for capturing great shots too.

Oh, the pimply hill in the background on a couple of shots... Eugh!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
You love the pyramidical station furie ;)

Which pimply hill are we talking about? That can be smoothed/made pointed at your command...

peep

CF Legend
Very nice Mr Benin. I'm loving all the buildings around the log flume. Can't wait to see more on the coaster, keep it up :D

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^^^Your wish is my command Mr. John...

^^Thankyou very much...

^Consider it sorted furie... Flattened a bit more now...

Righty ho then, here be the last update of the park, been messing around with the unfinished side of the flume’s town, so hopefully I can release this proper…

Anyways, this update’s focus is the coaster… A B&M Floorless, Canyon Runner…

Canyon Runner is part of my recent liking to try and recreate coasters, so extra points for guessing which ride I have recreated here…

Onto the pictures we go…

The entrance is rather small, but of course, with the lift-hill right behind it, you’ll have better things to concentrate on ;)
m7rr0j.jpg

Couple of queue-line interiors and station shots here…
20fviwi.jpg

2d168ok.jpg

vo2wwk.jpg

After the 180 turn out of the station, we hit up the lift-hill…
2hpuibk.jpg

After the lift, we hit the first two loops…
21euwwz.jpg

Random head-chopper building…
2lkzjtx.jpg

A Zero-G is shortly followed by a Cobra Roll which dives into a small valley…
1j96jt.jpg

5wh450.jpg

After an airtime hill, the interlocking corkscrews, featured on many a B&M get involved…
2rzp7jp.jpg

1073u9u.jpg

Random turnaround from the restaurant patio…
30j0adh.jpg

Final helix before the brakes…
21bpttc.jpg

Brake run and transfer sheds…
2ccwjcz.jpg

An overview of sorts…
2r3fbia.jpg

Finally the station from the exit area and the Flume entrance…
fu2c6b.jpg

34xs7de.jpg

And the exit…
jpifr6.jpg

As I said earlier, once I’ve done the other side of the Flume town I’ll pop this up for a download, and I can be happy that I’ve finished a project (regardless of it’s tiny size :lol:)

Slash

Giga Poster
No carry on further!!
I've been watching this and its great!!
Please don't finish it so small!

peep

CF Legend
Great update there. It's a great coaster and once again some very good architecture in there. Congrats on finishing too :D

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^^Any ideas as to what I should do next?

^Thankyou John, it's always good to see a project all the way through, especially when you trawl through so many unfinished ones every time you laod up :lol:

Yay for download…
http://rapidshare.com/files/194608350/M ... n.rar.html

You’ll need a few bits of CS for it to run fully, and here they are…

- Aceana’s Pavement Essentials 1/2/3/4
- ATH Catwalk and Accessories Set
- Belgabor – Really Custom Generic Stall Set
- CSF Rock Set
- DasMatze Billboard Collection
- DasMatze Instant Wood
- DRP’s Lights
- Errt’s Invisible Entrance
- Enceintes
- Iceatcs’ Make Your Own Logo Set
- Imagine – Flume Covers
- Imagineer John’s Animated Coaster Kit
- MNM Leftovers
- Moby’s Steel Jungle
- Mr Plow & BrightFalls Coal Mine
- NF Particle Effects
- Shyguy’s Circus Centre 1&2
- Vodhin’s Light Kit
- Vodhin’s Mill Set
- Vodhin’s Vermont Set
- Wagi’s Ghost Mine Ride Set 1/2/3
- Invisible Park Entrance (Don’t know the maker, but it’s effectively a Banner for the Entrance, it’s hidden in the building…)

If some of the scenery is still missing after you’ve downloaded, best bet is to then go and download the NetOn Packs, which are rather immense… Especially the second one as it features a lot of custom rides and coasters…

If enough people are interested though I could always make this into a proper park ;)

N:I

P.S If the download doesn't work, tell me and I'll add a mirror...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
That is....

kumba.jpg

Kumba!

And your park looks awesome. But why is there a dip between the two stations? Wouldn't a simple turn be sufficent?

Ollie

CF Legend
Please carry on Benin and try and make it into a big park as it's too good to leave as it is. :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^^Pokey fails excessively :lol:

It is not Kumba by any stretch of the imagination, and also there's only one station, the other bit is just an extension of the building for reasons I don't know... So two fails there :p

^I'd like to expand it, but just have to wait and see I guess... Would involve re-expanding the map size again... Which is always fun :roll:

Keep them comments coming and we may get somemat new...

Brookes

Giga Poster
I think the coaster you tried to recreate is Superman / la Atracción de Acero at Parque Warner Madrid. And this looks absolutely great I think you should expand it as the theming is magnificent. Well done!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^You are indeed correct Brookes, it is a recreation (within the limits of RCT) of Superman at Warner Brothers Madrid...

In other news, I found this picture laying around in my folders today... Any ideas?

2lngwls.jpg

Yes this does mean I'm expanding the park...

kimahri

CF Legend
I SEE FLYAR!!

As for the rest of the park.

Looks great! Can't download yet due to lack of CS but hey you listed them so I know what I need.