What's new

Predictions for your future number 1 coaster?

I honestly think my next number 1s are as follows:
Nemesis: A fan of B&M inverts specially inferno and it looks wicked.
Air: If the ride experience is like The Swarm my favourite coaster then this is it.
And maybe The Smiler.
Also now looking at Katun and Divertical I could be on to a winner.
Black Mamba and Shambhala and maybe Helix with Blue fire coming in steadily at 2nd

Hmm this is really difficult.
I enjoy both hypers/woodies with a huge amount of airtime (Phoenix/Nitro/Shambhala), and terrain-hugging and/or forceful inverts (Nemesis/Black Mamba/Katun). My no. 1 could go either way.

But Shambhala failed to top Phoenix for me so I'm not sure what else is out there that could knock Phoenix off the top spot.

Saying that, I really enjoyed Boardwalk Bullet and I reckon some other Gravity Groups might have the potential. I'd like to try Voyage and maybe Wooden Coaster at Happy Valley.

I don't think EGF will do it for me as Intamin megas, although good, just haven't cut it for me so far (they just don't have the same gracefulness and feeling of controlled power as B&M's).

Boulder Dash and Voyage I could see as topping the lists they both seem to have relentless airtime with some great terrains (especially Boulder Dash). Leviathan and Shambhala both seem to be both very graceful and have some great airtime so they could top the list. Dragon Khan seems a lot like Kumba with some really intense inversions. Other rides that just look good are:
Phoenix
Expedition GeForce
Goliath @ Walibi
Ravine Flyer II
Skyrush
Bizarro
New Texas Giant
X2
Pyrenees
iSpeed

Given that I love Eurofighters, Gerstlauer launches, and anything dark / horror themed; I reckon Fluch Von Novgorod will take my top spot when we go to Germany next year. (Yes, I know I have bad taste)

Karacho also looks like a top-tenner to me.

I have high hopes for Nitro and Skyrush getting at least into my top 5 when I ride them in September too.

It's hard to top Helix for me since that coaster has everything I love packed into one coaster, while others usually give one kind of sensation (airtime, inversions, fast transitions, etc.). I'm still going to guess. I think Shambhala has a fair chance because I absolutely loved Silver Star and I'm hearing Shambhala is a better version. I also love the name and the theme.

Radaxian said:
Given that I love Eurofighters, Gerstlauer launches, and anything dark / horror themed; I reckon Fluch Von Novgorod will take my top spot when we go to Germany next year. (Yes, I know I have bad taste)

Karacho also looks like a top-tenner to me.

I have high hopes for Nitro and Skyrush getting at least into my top 5 when I ride them in September too.
Because of its theming, Fluch looks like a top ten/twenty coaster to me IF the ride itself doesn't suck. I've only done Mystery Mine but it was enough for Gerstlauer to leave a sour taste in my mouth. Hopefully FireChaser fixes that in a few weeks. But if I enjoy a better-paced one, I could likely be looking at a potential favorite. If I ever to to Germany I'll make she not to miss it.

Skyrush could easily be a new #1, though.

I think it will be Skyrush for me if I ever get to ride it because of the speed, airtime and intensity.

Given that I like both Millennium Force and B&M hypers, Leviathan or Shambhala could both be potential contenders. Shambhala seems to be the standout hyper, and Leviathan seems similar to MForce, just with more airtime.

Other than that, Skyrush, Bizarro, and other hypers could be contenders, but they seem less likely than those mentioned above.

On the wooden side of things, both Outlaw Run and Voyage look great, with Outlaw being a shorter, more explosive ride, and Voyage being a long-lasting airtime machine. The other Intamin woodies look great as well.