What's new

PowerPark | Junker | Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Omg, all of my yes! I'm visiting Finland this August so I can't wait to ride this <3. Now just fingers crossed that it doesn't get delayed!

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
^Same. I'm visiting in early July, so I'm praying it doesn't get delayed even a little bit :)

I thought Karacho was a very good ride, so this should be a great addition to the park.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
First pieces of track have gone up! Oh my yes that tophat looks tall :shock:

Attachments

• Junker3.JPG
    Junker3.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 147

ThomVD

Giga Poster
What I don't get is, Karacho has a 100 km/h launch into a 30m top hat. It doesn't nearly stall but it doesn't exactly fly over it either. This coaster has a 100 km/h launch into a 40 meter top hat. How is that going to work?

Edit: I just looked up Anubis' stats and it launches with 90 km/h into a 34m top hat. I guess Karacho should be 90 km/h rather than 100? This doesn't make sense.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
^ The only reason I can think of is that Karacho launches from at least a little bit underground, but even then this and Anubis launch from roughly ground level, so I don't really know :)

Gazza

Giga Poster
ThomVD said:
What I don't get is, Karacho has a 100 km/h launch into a 30m top hat. It doesn't nearly stall but it doesn't exactly fly over it either. This coaster has a 100 km/h launch into a 40 meter top hat. How is that going to work?

Edit: I just looked up Anubis' stats and it launches with 90 km/h into a 34m top hat. I guess Karacho should be 90 km/h rather than 100? This doesn't make sense.

Superman Escape is 100kmh^-1 launch into a 40m top hat and works, but it does crawl a bit, as you can see from POVs etc

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
They are really working hard: a bunch of new supports and a little bit of track have gone up in just a couple of days! I must say Junker is looking better every day, I didn't expect the double-loop around the Kwai-bridge to be so high :angel:

Attachments

• Junker4.1.JPG
    Junker4.1.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Junker4.JPG
    Junker4.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 72

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
We have a tophat!

4iLVM81.jpg

Source

Edited post to remove attachment and imbed the photo. Anac0nda please use the Img tags to post photos rather than attaching them. Thanks - ECG

Ethan

Strata Poster
Trains look nice! Almost identical to the one at Tripsdrill?

kxCXJ6V.jpg

PblkYea.jpg

hZcblSL.jpg

Also the double loop is almost done!

XTBS7Y0.jpg

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
While I'm not sold on the overall visual aspect of this, I find the layout quite refreshing and interesting. Especially the combination after the MCBR.

thx

Mega Poster
Really happy with this addition! I needed a proper reason to visit PowerPark again, haven't been there since 2006, mainly because it's such a struggle to get there. By the looks of it, it should easily compete for the title of best coaster in Finland.

Lofty

CF Legend
TheCoasterCruiser said:
While I'm not sold on the overall visual aspect of this, I find the layout quite refreshing and interesting. Especially the combination after the MCBR.
I can't agree enough with you. The combination of elements after the MCBR look great.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
This thing looks intense!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQ0cFY0xfk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU6ec4amp38[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VdLrEDHG1g[/youtube]

ThomVD

Giga Poster
OMG! The launch doesn't look as sudden as Anubis and seems a lot more spaced out, and the top hat doesn't look quite as good, but the rest of the ride looks fantastic! Seems to be intense with a nice variety of elements and great pacing. Good length as well! And lap bars <3 Looks better than Karacho to me. Can't wait to ride both of them this year.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
The second section looks fantastic, particularly the two last inversions. The first section doesn't look quite as strong, but still good.

The layout on Karacho wasn't anything special, but it rode really well (helped by lap bars) and the fact this definitely has a superior looking layout, should mean it is even better.

I can't wait to ride this in July and it looks like their on schedule for the mid-June opening at this point.

Ben

CF Legend
That looks really fab, like something someone has made on No Limits.

I need to go to this park at some point in my life.