What's new

PortAventura | Uncharted | Intamin Multi-Dimension Coaster | 2023

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
The ride looks pretty neat to be honest, I quite like all of the spike and transfer track. This ride could be really great if they pull it off.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
So between the first launch and the second is a 90° turn and a brake/turntable? I feel like the lines between powered coaster and launched coaster are becoming blurred with rides like this.

Ethan

Strata Poster
So between the first launch and the second is a 90° turn and a brake/turntable? I feel like the lines between powered coaster and launched coaster are becoming blurred with rides like this.
Something like Cheetah Hunt is worse, though? Only a left hand turn between two launches.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Sounds interesting, surprised that Uncharted is getting a ride!

My god that Uncharted film was bad though. Good set up, fair first third and then it became absolutely toe curling - as if they edited the footage together in a rush.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
They seem to be using Tom Holland in some of the videos they've been putting on social media. I wonder if he'll feature in the ride pre-show etc?

Bowser

Mega Poster
"Europe's first dark ride roller coaster"

Is that true? Guessing the likes of Arthur at Europa don't count as they have outdoor sections?

Gazza

Giga Poster
Or Van Helsings garage? Or temple of the night hawk? Or Vogel Rok? Or X no way out?Or whatever the one at Bobbejaanland is? Or....

oriolat2

Giga Poster
PortAventura are relying on the fact that most GP don't even have a clue what a dark ride, let alone a dark ride coaster is. The closest most GP might have experienced is Space Mountain or RnR at DLRP, and half of them probably don't even make the connection between Uncharted and SM/RnR.

What counts is that people will flock to the park to ride the new Uncharted coaster. Once you are past the turnstyles at PA the park won't care less if you enjoy your day or their newest ride. More people, more money.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Uncharted was Sony Pictures right? As in, not universal.

I assume it would be since Uncharted was originally a Sony exclusive game, (and now Windows too.)

Sorry if the Universal rumour had already been put to bed, I've not been around a lot lately...