What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

Smithy

Strata Poster
It literally ruins every **** shot.

That photo of the boat going through the trees really does look well themed to an Amazon setting, until the giant phallic steel catastrophe of pointlessness ruins it.

Same with the Baco shot.

And that last shot, the banking, the, what, just, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!

Ben

CF Legend
Yh you know it's not actually a jungle right.

Turn around and you can probably see Shambhala.

I mean, this is still ugly as ****, but come on.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Smithy's a PA fanboy, of course he doesn't like it ruining his park :wink:
Banking looks strange, but if the drop provides a feeling similar to EGF's drop then this might be a good thing. I'm interested to see how it rides, especially considering the warped track, but yeah, it still looks rubbish.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Yh you know it's not actually a jungle right.

Turn around and you can probably see Shambhala.

I mean, this is still ugly as ****, but come on.

Really? Never knew that, thanks for clearing that up. Spent **** ages looking for Tarzan in there.

What's your point, aye you turn around and see Shambhala, yeah if you walk round the corner you'll probably see the Sesame Street area too? Irrelevant, that photo from that angle is ruined, imo, by that phallic mess of steel and along with Baco over the lake is one of my favourite sort of settings within the park.

Not even a PA fanboy (it's an insult to fanboys to suggest that, I know no way near enough about the park to qualify for that), I just hate everything about accelerators in general, and specifically with PA one of the things I loved most about it is the skyline and how photogenic parts of the park are.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I actually like the shot of the boat in the water with the coaster. However, the more open areas are now ruined by that horrid thing.

And the banking. Why?

spicy

Giga Poster
It's going to look a lot worst once the 2 gigantic Ferrari signs are up on it.

& what is that banking about? I just don't get how Intamin have messed this up so bad.

mouse

Giga Poster
It does seem very strange as to how it has seemingly been executed so badly. Is it a flaw in the design or the construction? Perhaps its completely intentional and will turn out to ride better than TTD or Ka... not sure how likely that is...

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
There's a time and a place for this coaster and I'm not sure its in 2016 and at Portaventura. It definitely ruins any future panoramic shots of the Mediterranean Baco area.

More than that, it's a bit of a missed opportunity- PA and Intamin could have worked together to create some fun, high speed elements after the tower but no. A lot of people like TTD and Ka but the most common complaint is "Its too short and only 10 seconds long!" There's not even an airtime hill on this like Stealth and Ka!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Rumours say that the big-ass Ferrari logos will be fixed to the structure around May 5th.

I still can't believe this "thing" has finally been built. For me it will be just another +1 but a lot tackier than other plus ones in the park like Tami Tami or Tomahawk.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
The malnourished prancing pony is now pompously perched on the top hat structure.

ChrNyddUkAAmVTs.jpg

ChrEY8wVEAAJtNi.jpg

Did someone say there will be flags hanging down as well?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Feels like that logo should be a bit higher on structure, seems awkwardly low.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TilenB

Strata Poster
Ben said:
It's ruining my view of Polynesia!

It's not really that visible from Polynesia. Perhaps from that boat thing (which was closed for my visit last week). The only area it 'ruins' is Mediterranean, but even there it isn't as terrible as I thought it would be.