What's new

PortAventura - Dragon Khan to get a retrack?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
If we’re being pedantic, you do also have Mako and Candymonium with 3 7-car trains, but they are admittedly hypers rather than traditional sit-downs.

As far as traditional sit-downs go, I think you may be right about Khan being the only one with 7 car trains.
You are absolutely right. I hadn't thought of the latest batch of hypers. I take it back: thanks for pointing it out.

Esther7

Roller Poster
I'd love for Dragon Khan to get a retrack! 😍 It was my first roller coaster with inversions and I have a special affection for it, so I hope it doesn't disappear.
Floorless trains are fine but I think they're not necessary for Dragon Khan, especially considering that they could worsen operations.

Regarding the "Universal" topic, there's not much to say... I hope all those rumors come true and something this big comes so close to home. 🤞🏼

Oxo-95

Roller Poster
GProdigy, who is pretty high up in Universal Creative I think, replied to the tweet that started this thread with this… 🤔

Something is definitely cookin’

Attachments

• IMG_5532.jpeg
    IMG_5532.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 124

Lofty

CF Legend
"The only B&M 'Sitdown' coaster with 7-car trains" is, I'm guessing, what you meant? There's a lot of inverts with 7.

Anyway, I thought it looked like the trains in that design / patent were the Decepticoaster trains Universal have in Beijing, but with OTSRs. The ones in Beijing already have headlights, and look much better than the old style trains. Although it's vests on Decipticoaster rather than traditional OTSRs shown in this patent.

Then I noticed the zero car, or lack of one. What's going on there then?
It's literally the same trains as Hulk with LEDs build into the restraints - closer to that than Decepticoaster?

GProdigy, who is pretty high up in Universal Creative I think, replied to the tweet that started this thread with this…
🤔

Something is definitely cookin’

He's one of Universal Creative's Creative Directors.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It's literally the same trains as Hulk with LEDs build into the restraints - closer to that than Decepticoaster?

He's one of Universal Creative's Creative Directors.
Hulk has a seperate zero car too... this one literally looks like one moulded piece.

Probably closer to hulk in style though.

Apparently none of this is relevant though, the patent is just about the restraint position monitoring lights... Nothing exciting. Could be any train in the diagram.