What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Haha, those bits of theming (bits of) remind me of chessingtons ENTIRE theming library...

Well, nice speed, (very nice through the turnaround) And that latest testing video, It looks fantastic on the skyline.

Its deffinately a good investment for the park, so many people have already commited to going (roll on 15th of june!) I can imagine shambhala being on the cover of every thomas cook holiday brouchure from here to bognor :--D

Casio

Mega Poster
The first hill hasn't really got anything to do with the height, it's more the fact it's a very drawn out hill.
My physics isn't amazing, but I'm pretty sure the speed over the top is almost all due to its height. How drawn out the hill is will determine the airtime; the tighter the hill (ie. smaller radius), the greater the acceleration and so the size of the force, but not the speed. (except for the little bit of added friction on a longer hill)

I'm not trying to be grouchy, I'm just saying lots of hypers are the same as this. Plus, as you say, it looks great now :)

Rollercoasters4Life

Roller Poster
Just gone and booked a week in Salou for the 18th May. Hopefully everything goes to plan and the ride will open on time and I will be riding this on the 20th or so. Can't wait!

Lofty

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
Are we going to be comparing the speed with every single new video that is made? :p
I started being serious, now I'm doing it to take the piss, I may as well carry it on. Four years down the line, "It's gone EVEN QUICKER". ;)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
ElBlogdeDream was at the park and was able to snap some unique pictures of the themeing around the area. I was very skeptical about how would the area look but it's a top-notch work!

th720_9197ba6402c731fa8dc52c31e62c3e6c.jpg

Plaza from SésamoAventura. Note the exit of the diving loop going over the path!

th720_21eaaa5bfb854d90260f4604cc94fcb2.jpg

The bottom of Khan's drop. I think we *might* get a surprise with this since it looks like a proper armchopper trench. At least now it's themed.

th720_755e805fc2d24e884cc9361bc7a4aa3d.jpg

Entrance arch (I love how colourful it is!)

th720_941c6619b6f43ac8b546813910aa5fe4.jpg

Mess of supportsand side of the station building. Looks almost finished and has "aged" very well... :)

th720_2bc8623fe7ac1d9cecc71b651df89a85.jpg

The arrows are pointing at the entrance of the pedestrian tunnel that will be under Khan's first loop and dive loop, connecting Shambhala plaza to the splash section. Looks well themed and hidden!

th720_f29e1ed8d83a4bc6a4581183b4622235.jpg

Bhudhaaa or pineapple! :D

Source: ElBlogdeDream.wordress.com

th720_2a4d158976c8e916cff04a176f4c1687.jpg

Top section of main entrance arch waiting to be painted.

Source: PAFans.com

156509_3784048930467_1554316342_3061120_260115062_n.jpg

Letters ready to be installed...

562627_3784050050495_1554316342_3061123_1622022348_n.jpg

And the mini expedition base camp. I heard people say that this will be finally placed after the arch, not next to it...

Source: zack from CAPTE.org

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
If this has been mentioned before sorry.

The ride can be seen from Reus airport very easily! Also they have lights going up the lift hill for the night time. Looks impressive actually!

Nick

Mega Poster
^ LOL!

Themeing looks awesome. I like the fact that at the same time, Khan is effectively being themed and will give it a whole new experience. Impressive stuff! I'm also pleased that from inside the park, Khan doesn't look tiny in comparison, far from it actually.

EDIT: Just found this testing video, don't think it's been posted yet. Has some nice angles and is very high quality...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hASywoHt ... re=related

Lofty

CF Legend
Can't agree more with the whole "Khan is getting themed" now. The thing is, I'm really happy that they've decided to do something with that Rubble Infested, Baron open **** that used to be under Khan. At least it's not landscaped and will look MILES better.

reddude333

Giga Poster
This thing just keeps looking better and better with every update. I was genuinely worried at one point but those fears are long gone :-D

oriolat2

Giga Poster
And we have the official TV advert:

Spanish version:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxaIb-QjZ7s[/youtube]

English version:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbp3VaQYtpc[/youtube]

It's very reminiscent of Jumanji, (which I like because it conveys the idea of family adventure) but it also focuses on the fact that the ride is themed to represent the Himalayas and so it will have big drops and will be an epic achievement for those who ride (thrill-seeker target).

What do you think?

andrus

Giga Poster
That boy doesn't look too old, so I would definitely say they're trying to target it as a family experience!