What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Re: "Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

I'm really hoping that they start to paint the rails as well!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Isn't this ment to be about Shambhala, not Khans paint job.

Im not trying to be funny but if you are that interested in Khans paint job make a new topic for it.

Lofty

CF Legend

owenrita121 said:
Isn't this ment to be about Shambhala, not Khans paint job.

Im not trying to be funny but if you are that interested in Khans paint job make a new topic for it.
**** off. Yes, whilst you're right, it's not your position to tell anybody that, stop trying to be a mod, you're far from it.

In terms of Shambhala, this is a strange question, or rather a hand-to-answer question that only our Spanish members may know; When is the expected completion of the coaster? Or rather, when are they planning on construction? I was just wondering if anything has been mentioned on one of the forums as everything that was said so far about the said coaster, has come true.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Some sources tell that Dragon Khan should have been closed at the beginning of November, so I guess they are about 15-20 days behind schedule. That being said, I am sure RCS will make up for it by working really fast.

According to what PA-C posted (schedule for the coaster):
- October: footers
- November: station work
- December: lift hill and start of the rest of the layout
- January: rest of the layout + first train arrives at the park for assembly
- April: first tests on the 15th
- May: opening on the 15h

BTW, here come some new photos from the area from today (this week PA's open every day so expect more pictures):

c10.jpg

c8.jpeg

Base of lift hill

c7.jpg

c6.jpg

Kickers and brakes (station and service brakes area)

More at: http://elblogdedream.wordpress.com/hypercoaster2012/

Source: El Blog de Dream

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Something i've been wondering, is the chain lift of this one supposed to go under or over Khan's lift?

Lofty

CF Legend

file.php

It's hard to judge, it's not far off being directly in the centre, but, looking at the supports of Khan, I'm just wondering if there's actually enough room for the track and train to pass safely underneath, so I'm guessing over?

Shubinine

Mega Poster

I'm guessing the first drop starts just above Khan's so there's obviously no problem there, and the second part underneath, seeing as there's a curve and there is enough height on khan in that place, then that could be the splashdown, if not, it goes above and that's the MCBR.

ry1996

Mega Poster

The colors are now grown onto me, i really like it now, i think the coaster will look great !
Can't wait for vertical construction soon.

tucoaster

Roller Poster

Some footers installed, and paint job on dragon khan on the video
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgIsXEbAw1E&feature=player_embedded[/video]

oriolat2

Giga Poster

I don't mean to be an ***hole but these are supports.

I am glad that finally something's actually happening and not just mud/dirt...

PA-C has also shot a video showing these supports and the paintjob on Khan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgIsXEbAw1E[/youtube]

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

So it's black supports holding up white and royal blue track? Sweet! I wonder what the trains will look like.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

I have the feeling that the transfer area will be quite special. I don't think that there will be three bits of storage track like in other B&Ms but rather two (one holding two trains in line) on one side of the main track and another one to the other side holding a third train.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Ooooh love the support colour. At first I didn't like the track colours but its grown on me. Do you think they'll hid the transfer track and storage in the theming ? I never did like seeing the storage area out in the open.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Venom2053 said:
Ooooh love the support colour. At first I didn't like the track colours but its grown on me. Do you think they'll hid the transfer track and storage in the theming ? I never did like seeing the storage area out in the open.

Supposedly, the station (and maybe the storage area) will be themed to a mountain refuge from the Himalayas with climbing stuff and local items (a bit like Expedition Everest but more on the cheap site :) )

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Framework for transfer section already up. Shame no track has been put yet :(

383169_2598211667503_1021105747_2738005_1496166589_n.jpg

Source: Trevor

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I didn't like the track color at first but now that I see the supports, I think the light colors of the track will contrast quite nicely with the dark grey supports. Do we know what the trains will look like?

Nick

Mega Poster

Has anyone else ever got the bus from Salou to Tarragona? If so then you probably remember the road that runs behind PA and where you can get an excellent view of Dragon Khan from the back. Now imagine what this thing is going to look like from this angle. Due to it being on a hill with basically nothing but a few shrubs to obscure the view, it's going to look incredible. Excited! I'm also rather geekily very excited about DK's new paint job.

[Edit] you can see the road I'm on about in the first picture in 'tucoaster's' post (the one showing DK's paint job) and I was wrong about the shrubs, they're actually small trees but still, they won't obscure the view...

Coasterlover

Roller Poster

I think the two rides are going to look incredible from a distance, it'll be like Leviathan and Behemoth at CW....