What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Ben

CF Legend
Re: "Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

*puts head in a lathe because it's more fun than reading this topic*

Mod Edit: Don't spam, especially if it's with the intention of demeaning others.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ He is somebody who doesn't know what sarcasm is a believe :)
Anyway this coaster looks amazing. Is there any plans which show the elevations of the coaster?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Hey guys, just some suggestions from a friendly mod.

When a topic starts to derail... Don't contribute to it. Even if you're just saying "back on topic".

Say something on topic if you have something to say, or don't say anything at all.

Also, don't be unnecessarily rude to other members.

Can I encourage you all to use the report button. But, not for all that crap up there, I've already seen that...

Thanks.

Now back on topic. :p

123abc

Roller Poster

Other elevations of the plans seem much more difficult to come by for PA than for the UK and US parks -

would expect to see something either published or leaked soon though because if they are going to make a Spring 2012 opening, they cant be far away from completing the footers /ground works and starting the main construction of the loading station and coaster itself

Josh73

Giga Poster

Ethan said:
Is there any plans which show the elevations of the coaster?
If you mean height, according to D1993, it will be 249 feet.

Brett7710

Mega Poster

Josh73 said:
Ethan said:
Is there any plans which show the elevations of the coaster?
If you mean height, according to D1993, it will be 249 feet.

I believe he means a plan showing the side elevation so that you can see where the hills and tunnels are. I'm not aware of anything like that being leaked yet but you can tell from the groundplan where the peaks are by looking at the wider supports.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Oh wow! I just noticed the helix on the plans! Looks amazing. Mabye it is just an average turn-around element and the plans are decieving us... Like this turn-around on Goliath. Mabye?

CLICKY

Ben

CF Legend

^Well, it certainly does 540 degrees of turning...

Snoo

The Legend

Someone missed what I posted last page. :D

If they are indeed the same.. should be quite intense. Let's hope they don't ruin the fun with a trim at the bottom of the drop tho.

D1993

Hyper Poster

The layouts kinda confusing. It seems there will be tunnels, splash downs, numerous camelbacks. Im trying to find what will be the station, mcbr, lift hill and drop but its rather hard..
Anyone care to label the plans? :D

edit: I think ive managed to find how things work out, but I could be mixed up going backwards.
It seems the brightest green part is the transfer track, brakes, station etc. Then it makes a right turn and heads into the lift hill (which has the grey bits on the edge) which I assumed represents catwalks ???

OR...

is the grey edged bit the station and then it makes left hand turn into the green bright long bit and thats the lift hill? If so it would then make a drop into what would be a huge hammerhead or turnaround.

Anybody know which order it goes in?

Lofty

CF Legend

To be honest, looking at the plans. It seems to go UP that Helix rather than going down it, the reason I'm saying this is because, it actually seems to go from a wider, to tighter circumference as you enter it, saying to me, that it's going up the helix. Plus, look at the supports just before, they're really low and not larger supports for it.

Martyn B

CF Legend

4900ft is quite short for a 76m coaster.... could be two things, either trimmed to death, or the actuall hills are quite low to the ground?

Lofty

CF Legend

Martyn B said:
4900ft is quite short for a 76m coaster.... could be two things, either trimmed to death, or the actuall hills are quite low to the ground?

OR, someone's got the facts wrong and it's not that short, it doesn't look THAT short from the layout, failing that, it COULD be like Leviathan, not doing much of anything..

Martyn B

CF Legend

It seems to go UP that Helix rather than going down it, the reason I'm saying this is because, it actually seems to go from a wider, to tighter circumference as you enter it,

I actually think its going the other way to be honest.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

The lenght of the track is yet to be confirmed but it was rumoured to be AT LEAST 1.500 meters long.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I know it was just a rumour, but so far, all the rumours have pretty much been correct.