What's new

Plopsaland de Panne | The Ride to Happiness | Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster | 2021

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I didn't realise these were capable of giving induced spins like that on the launch! Does Time Traveller do that? Or is it possible that is an 'only in testing' feature?

emoo

Hyper Poster
I think this is new, until now I've only seen magnetic fins that require the cars to move past them. That jolt before it's launched is fascinating.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I didn't realise these were capable of giving induced spins like that on the launch! Does Time Traveller do that? Or is it possible that is an 'only in testing' feature?
It's possible anywhere there's perfectly straight track. It's the same as the induced spin coming out of Time Traveler's station, just a mounted set of magnets that make the thing spin. Spins you like a 💩ing BEYBLADE!

Ries

Mega Poster
Looks really good though.
Love the track colour. The spinning bit before launch..
Not a fan of the jojo. But the rest looks great.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
when the sun goes down.
View attachment 11920
I got the cred.
View attachment 11936
This coaster is the underdog of the year.
and the lightning package on the train looks fabulous.
these trains are probably the best looking trains in the world at night time.
What was the best element on The Ride to Happiness in your opinion? How does it compare to other coasters you've ridden (where does it rank among your favorites)? How intense is it?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, I'm just really interested in hearing your opinions on this coaster.

juicy

Roller Poster
What was the best element on The Ride to Happiness in your opinion? How does it compare to other coasters you've ridden (where does it rank among your favorites)? How intense is it?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, I'm just really interested in hearing your opinions on this coaster.
The best element hmm is hard to choose. I did 3 rides 2 around 6:00 pm (in the back) and one at 11:00 pm in the dark (in the front). the drop on the back is really insane. And the airtime hill after the Step-Up Under Flip is my favorit part of the ride the airtime on that hill is insane and it dives directly to the left. and yes that airtime hill is really aggressive.

Also i like the zero-G roll especially if you take it along the side. But the second part of the ride is where it shines for me.

The coaster is in general very extreme. I didn't expect this because I had read many opinions from time traveler in silver dollar city.

Keep in mind that the brakes on the train are completely open for the controlled spinning. That can change in future. this would be adjusted depending on whether the visitors become ill quickly. so this means in the first days the brakes are normally open or adjusted a little.

I spoke to a person who works at emis (company that wrote the program for the coaster). he has been working there for a long time and has also helped out with kingda ka. he said it was the first time he came off a coaster crying.

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
The best element hmm is hard to choose. I did 3 rides 2 around 6:00 pm (in the back) and one at 11:00 pm in the dark (in the front). the drop on the back is really insane. And the airtime hill after the Step-Up Under Flip is my favorit part of the ride the airtime on that hill is insane and it dives directly to the left. and yes that airtime hill is really aggressive.

Also i like the zero-G roll especially if you take it along the side. But the second part of the ride is where it shines for me.

The coaster is in general very extreme. I didn't expect this because I had read many opinions from time traveler in silver dollar city.

Keep in mind that the brakes on the train are completely open for the controlled spinning. That can change in future. this would be adjusted depending on whether the visitors become ill quickly. so this means in the first days the brakes are normally open or adjusted a little.

I spoke to a person who works at emis (company that wrote the program for the coaster). he has been working there for a long time and has also helped out with kingda ka. he said it was the first time he came off a coaster crying.
From the renderings alone I would've guessed the best element to be either the first drop, banana roll, Step Up Under Flip or that airtime hill immediately afterward. I'm also not surprised that it's significantly more intense than Time Traveler - I expected it given the much tighter, faster-paced and more aggressive elements on Ride to Happiness compared to the former. And if the Ride to Happiness is as intense as you say it is, I doubt those spinning brakes will stay open for much longer...

Niles

Giga Poster

Bentleya

Mega Poster
Yep! I’ve got a lot of love for this - hopefully I won’t be disappointed when the time comes.

Last edited: