What's new

Plopsaland de Panne | The Ride to Happiness | Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster | 2021

UP87

Mega Poster
It'd be stupid to design the ride in a way that it is likely to valley over water. You should not be able to force it to do that by adjusting the launch speed.
(Nowadays) It's common practice to have the tallest element of a launched coaster right after the launch and thus if it is cleared the train should be able to finish the whole track - as long as there are no unusual strong winds or some other unexpected events going on.
So... I agree fake news or really bad design mistake!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The only way I could see that stall being possible in testing is if the train is stopped on the second launch, then launched backwards just fast enough to clear the weird S-bank. But even then it would be unlikely.

On the bad launch coaster design front, I don't know what Premier were thinking when designing Mr. Freeze (and especially B&R TC), when it comes to stalling. They made the same mistake AGAIN when designing Yamaha RC. Even the FOF clones have the same issue. I can't think of any other companies who doesn't put the tallest element after a launch.

Peet

Giga Poster
On the bad launch coaster design front, I don't know what Premier were thinking when designing Mr. Freeze (and especially B&R TC), when it comes to stalling. They made the same mistake AGAIN when designing Yamaha RC. Even the FOF clones have the same issue. I can't think of any other companies who doesn't put the tallest element after a launch.
To be fair on a shuttle launch coaster it's pretty important to have the tallest element at the far end, otherwise:
giphy.gif

juicy

Roller Poster
The only way I could see that stall being possible in testing is if the train is stopped on the second launch, then launched backwards just fast enough to clear the weird S-bank. But even then it would be unlikely.

you are right thats exactly what happend and it was not intentional. it took a full day to take the train back in launch 2

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Ah yes, that’s the sluggish Mack-pace we know and (love?)... I feel like Mack coasters (maybe with the exception of Blue Fire) often seem like they run a tiny bit slower than they’re supposed to. Just look at that airtime hill following the snake dive thingy, it looked great in the first test runs and now it looks like it - at best - will provide some weak floater. It’ll probably still be a really good ride, but it could have been great.

Enil

Roller Poster
... and test rides with those riders. Interestingly only a few trims on the drop seem to be in use and it has a really good pace, in between the speed of the very first super fast test runs and the slow ones we saw later. I'd guess that this is the speed that they will be running it with when it opens. Looks like an awesome ride!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
A video from Theme Park Magic giving a look at the ride:

It looks great in its own right, and I'm loving how close some of the pathways are to the track!

I'll once again repeat the fears I have related to this investment though, as that video hasn't really alleviated them. This is a monster of a ride compared to anything else the park has, in terms of stature. The other thrill rides on park are reasonably well tucked away in their own rights, whereas this is very much front and centre. Especially when this is running, it will dominate that how area, and is going to completely change that part of the park.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's just not something I'm particularly fond of for the park.

Ries

Mega Poster
This coaster will be put on the list of one to ride, after everything clears.
But I think it is the wrong coaster and the wrong theme for the park.

The Dance music theme in a Plopsa Park, I don't know what they were thinking. This theme should be in Walibi Holland.
And the coaster is much more thrill than anything else in a primarily children's park.

But maybe I see this the wrong way. I don't know.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Kids tall enough to ride were loving Time Traveller and I'm thrilled to have a version closer to home.

We are encouraging Paultons and Chessington to get heftier rides.

I say let the park test the waters with a custom purpose built multi million euro investment that was never going to Blackpool. Even if it does have a nonsense theme and name.

Plus this support gives all those funny threads more content.

1620642630543.png

cookie

Giga Poster
The Dance music theme in a Plopsa Park, I don't know what they were thinking. This theme should be in Walibi Holland.
And the coaster is much more thrill than anything else in a primarily children's park.

I mean... they have a Vekoma junior coaster themed to a Belgian pop band, I wouldn't say music-themed rides are foreign to the park. Neither are thrill coasters, given that Anubis exists.

And I've honestly never gotten the idea that X coaster is wrong for Y park. If they want to draw in a more thrill-seeking crowd and diversify their attraction portfolio, more power to them. It's certainly made me want to visit.