What's new

Pleasurewood Hills sold

Nic

Strata Poster
Enicomb said:
Ben said:
The new owner said it was looking at ways to make more of Pleasurewood Hills' spacious site.

Read : Car park, shopping centre or housing estate. Possibly all three.

This is exactly what I thought too.
+1

If PWH dies, I hope they ebay their signs and ****. Some of them are fantastically crappy. In a park, I usually only take photos of things I find funny. I've never taken more photos in a park than I did at PWH.

Jools

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
Yeah, so how did you find this out ages ago? It was only confirmed the other day?

From EDP:

‘The acquisition of the park was completed today after previous owner Compagnie des Alpes announced it would be relinquishing control of seven leisure parks, including Pleasurewood Hills, at the end of last year.

H.I.G Capital France in partnership with industry expert Laurent Bruloy is taking control of all seven of the parks and between them they will benefit from a joint investment of 20 million Euros over five years.

For Pleasurewood Hills it will mean the park will launch a host of new attractions over the coming months including a £65,000 indoor Laser Labyrinth game, an educational nature trail and a new train station.

The car park and queuing facilities will also be re-designed to improve access and speed up entry for visitors especially in peak times.

Alexis Camelin, Pleasurewood Hills’ general manager who was appointed in March last year, said: “This is extremely exciting news for Pleasurewood Hills!

“The investment will enable us to build on ongoing developments from the past year and further establish our reputation as one of the leading family theme parks in the country.”

The news of the takeover comes as Pleasurewood Hills completes development of a new conference centre in The Palladium Theatre plus the launch of the Carousel Community Art Project which sees art students from across the region restore 30 carousel horses from one of the park’s rides.

Pleasurewood Hills has been a popular attraction for more than 25 years and after a period of some uncertainty in the late 1990s, the 59 acre site was purchased by French leisure group Compagnie des Alpes in 2004.

Pleasurewood Hills won Best Visitor Experience award in the 2009 Tourism in Suffolk Awards, and more than 200,000 thrill-seeking visitors a year enjoy the park’s attractions.

Woo, laser quest :roll:
http://www.unofficialpleasurewood.co.uk/

They posted this ages ago.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Sorry Jools, but it wasn't. That was only posted the other day.

I think you're thinking of the news about the park being for sale.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Mike said:
I always thought it was the locals that have stopped the park getting anything decent? Haven't they complained about noise and being able to see rides in the past?

Or am I just making that up (Considering that PWH is surrounded on 3 sides by a Tesco, a crappy Pitch n Putt which I once played on and the sea)?

Yes, the locals gave out about the noise from Wipeout so they had to wait quite a while between each ride which meant large queues. So if they want to put anything in larger than that they will have problems.

It was the same with Enigma, they were very slow at loading and dispatching.

Jools

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
^ Sorry Jools, but it wasn't. That was only posted the other day.

I think you're thinking of the news about the park being for sale.

Ohh possibly LOL!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yes, the locals gave out about the noise from Wipeout so they had to wait quite a while between each ride which meant large queues. So if they want to put anything in larger than that they will have problems.

It was the same with Enigma, they were very slow at loading and dispatching.

For this year, they've removed the Miniature railway from the woods at the back end, you no, the stretch that goes right up to the backgardens?lol So they're doing something to help with the noise, hopefully to make things easier with future developements?

And for the record, there has to be 7minutes between the train stopping, and starting again on Wipeout. Also one other condition was that it wasn't allowed to operate before 11:30am, however that has recently been over turned.

Martyn B

CF Legend
There was a short news bulletin today on the local radio station, the new owners, HIG, have said that they are going to "invest millions on modernising the park, and new rides".

So at least they intend on keeping the park open.