What's new

Plans for 2010?

My plans are both American lives, and POSSIBLY the Euro-Live but that is looking a bit less likely now that I figured in costs of the American lives. Umm, so basically I expect between 60-70 credits or something.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
rollermonkey said:
I plan on hitting mostly smaller parks from Connecticut to Alabama, with one trip to Texas and Mexico City for the one 'big' trip of the year.

Oh my goodness...I have credits that rollermonkey DOESN'T have!?!?!?!

So far, all I have planned is the two US Lives, which may not even happen if I don't get some money. I may be visiting more, only time will tell, but the two Lives are it so far. The new parks for me will be:

Carowinds
Camden
Holiday World
Six Flags St. Louis
Worlds of Fun
Silver Dollar City
Indiana Beach
Waldameer
Kennywood

Also, I have a credit to get at Hershey Park.

Overall I'm guessing I'll have around 55 new credits, which will put me somewhere around 264. Not bad, in my opinion.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Going to be my biggest year for sure, somehow I manage to do that every year! But my park plans:
Hershey Park
Kings Dominion
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Carowinds
Kings Island
Holiday World
Worlds of Fun
Silver Dollar City
Six Flags St. Louis
Indiana Beach
Cedar Point
Kennywood
Waldameer
Disneyworld (4 Parks)
Universal Orlando & Islands of Adventure
Sea World Orlando
Busch Gardens Tampa

Plus, to possibly make it even better I'm planning on doing TPR's UK and Europe trips but one or both may be full but if I can get in I'm going on those as well! So depending on TPR trips or not I will probably get about 100-200 new credits next year!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
rollermonkey said:
I plan on hitting mostly smaller parks from Connecticut to Alabama, with one trip to Texas and Mexico City for the one 'big' trip of the year.

Very possibly. I'm missing most of the Jersey Shore, all of Ocean City, MD and stuff like NASCAR Speed Park In TN, Lake Winnepesaukah, and Alabama Adventure, etc.

After this year, the 'biggest' park I'll not have been to in the US will be Elitch Gardens.
(Although I was in the parking lot on an operating day, I never went in the gate.)

ryan462

Hyper Poster
hmm 2010 will probably be my worst year when it comes to new credits seeing as I'm spending most my money on a non-coaster holiday in the summer and I'm also learning to drive so money is low. I will probably go to Thorpe, Chessington for GF and hopefully Alton and Blackpool. If all goes well I might get to go to Germany for a few days which could involve Oktoberfest and a few parks too.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I still haven't a clue what trips I will be doing next year. I hate planning ahead and prefer doing trips at the last minute. Money and holidays are going to be tight so the Euro Live is out the window but hopefully I will still get a few trips to Europe and the UK.

I definitely want to try and make it to Walygator to check out Monster (Orochi) and Efteling for Joris en de Draak.

Snoo

The Legend
rollermonkey said:
rollerdude said:
rollermonkey said:

Very possibly. I'm missing most of the Jersey Shore, all of Ocean City, MD and stuff like NASCAR Speed Park In TN, Lake Winnepesaukah, and Alabama Adventure, etc.

After this year, the 'biggest' park I'll not have been to in the US will be Elitch Gardens.
(Although I was in the parking lot on an operating day, I never went in the gate.)

That means I have credits you don't have? Jersey shore with UC ftw! :p

A

Anonymous

I posted this in the Trip Planning section but:

Home Parks (visiting whenever January-August):
Universal Studios Florida
Islands of Adventure
Hollywood Studios
EPCOT
Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
Sea World Orlando
Old Town
Busch Gardens Africa
Six Flags Great Adventure *Home Park in August
Clementon Park *Home Park in August

February or March:
Six Flags Over Texas
Sea World San Antonio
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Boomers

April/May/June (not sure what month):
Dollywood

August:
Wild Adventures
Six Flags Over Georgia
Carowinds
Busch Gardens Europe
Kings Dominion
Six Flags Great Adventure
Clementon Park
Morey's Piers
Dorney Park (Also in October)
Hershey Park (Also in October)
Knoebels (Also in October)
Holiday World
Kings Island
Cedar Point
Waldameer
Kennywood
La Ronde

September/October:
Six Flags New England
Lake Compounce
Quassy Amusement Park
The Great Escape

In August I might not go to the Mid-West parks. I might go to Disneyland Paris instead for a few days since I'll get the Cast Member discount for working at WDW.

jokerman

Giga Poster
My parents have just told me that I might get a car when I'm 17 next year. The latter half of the season might not be so bad...

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Damn, I've been out for so long, some of this crap hasn't even crossed my mind.

Castles~N~Coasters - Sense I go to school in Phoenix its right there.

My family is talking about visiting my uncle in Colorado, so if we go, Elitch Gardens would be on the list of things to do.

Other than that, no other plans have not materialized. I'll give it some more time.

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
Yeah, moving far away from any good coaster parks :(. On the other hand, I'll have a job, so that's good.

At the moment, Great America, Carowinds, and King's Dominion are ones that I'm going to specifically make an effort to get to...we'll see what happens about any others. If CP6 has a spare moment maybe I'll get down to the Universals. I'll probably try to hit up as many Midwest parks as I can as well, but as to which and what will actually happen, it's all very uncertain.

RCF

Strata Poster
I'm going to Universal Studios and Disneyland for 5 days. And the rest I guess is just chilling at my home park of SFOT.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
OK, here's the parks I plan on getting to this year, not exactly in this order...

Motor World
Trimper's Rides
Jolly Roger at the Pier
Jolly Roger AP
Baja Amusements
Morey's Piers
Gillian's Funland
Gillian's Wonderland
Playland's Castaway Cove
Storybook Land
Steel Pier
Blackbeard's Cave
Funtown Pier
Adventureland (NY)
Boomer's (NY)
Ocean Beach Park
Playland Park *
Land of Make Believe
Knoebels' *
Adventure Park USA
Kings Dominion *
Sam's Fun City
Waterville USA
Alabama Adventure
Southern Adventures
Lake Winnepesaukah
Sir Gooney's
Zuma Fun Center (?)
Nascar Speed Park
Ghost Town In The Sky
Carowinds *
Deadwood
Sandy Lake Amusement Park
Six Flags Over Texas *
Perimagico
Six Flags Mexico
La Feria

In all, it's about 90 credits, or 15 more than I need to hit 1K.

Snoo

The Legend
Ahh finally hitting that Jersey shore? It won't be much longer that I have some credits that you don't. :p

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Of course I will hit all of my homeparks of Busch, Disney, and Universal here in Florida. I am also looking at some flat rides off International Drive just west of here. I have an out of state trip to Ohio planned for middle to late June (first rides on Maverick and Diamondback). I would also like to get to SF St.Louis, Worlds of Fun, Silver Dollar City, and Magic Springs on a Missouri / Arkansas trip in early August.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Probably another quiet year for me,there's certainly nothing major in the pipeline.

No doubt I'll do the usual Thorpe trips.I'd like to do Chessie this year,I didn't bother going there last year,as much as I love the place,it's beginning to bore me.Let's hope this new area will spice it up a little.

I'd really like to do Alton,but so far that's looking doubtfull.

I'll have to see how things pan out as the year goes on,my plans change all the time.

Snoo

The Legend
theRock-steel said:
Of course I will hit all of my homeparks of Busch, Disney, and Universal here in Florida. I am also looking at some flat rides off International Drive just west of here. I have an out of state trip to Ohio planned for middle to late June (first rides on Maverick and Diamondback). I would also like to get to SF St.Louis, Worlds of Fun, Silver Dollar City, and Magic Springs on a Missouri / Arkansas trip in early August.

You should come on our CF trip. ;)