What's new

Plans for 2010?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Sorry if there's already one of these, I did have a check and couldn't find anything.

So yh, here's my plan:

2010 Coaster Plan

South Coast Credit Run
Clarence Pier - 1
Funland Amusement Park - 3
Blackgang Chine - 1
Sandham Rides - 1
Adventure Wonderland - 1
Flamingo Park - 1
Fort Fun Amusement Park -1
Harbour Park - 1

Madrid
Parque Warner Madrid - 6
Parque de Attraciones - 4

Wicksteed Park - 2

Billing Aquadrome - 1

Cornwall/Devon
Milky Way - 3
Teignmouth Pier - 1
Crealy Park - 1
Flambards - 1

Six Flags Great Adventure - 13

New York
Astroland - 1

Euro Live
Bobbejaanland - 6
Drievliet - 4
The Amsterdam Dungeon - 1
Efteling - 6
Walibi Belgium - 5

Liseberg - 4

Florida
Sea World - 1
Universal Studios - 2
Universal Islands of Adventure - 1(?)
Old Town - 1

The numbers in brackets are the amount of coasters at each park. Should hopefully leave 2010 with a CC of 273, but only time/money will tell.

Well... barely any of mine is actually confirmed yet, but here's the idea:

USA Live (112)
Indiana Beach (6)
Cedar Point (17)
Kennywood (7)
Waldameer (4)
Kings Island (14)
Holiday World (4)
Worlds of Fun (7)
Silver Dollar City (5)
Six Flags St. Louis (8)
Six Flags Great Adventure (13)
Dorney Park (9)
Knoebels (5)
Six Flags New England (9)
Lake Compounce (4)

Not all in that order

That'll be my main trip of 2010, but sadly it depends so much on cost!

Liseberg is a possibility, and there will hopefully be the usual blend of Alton Towers etc...

To be honest, if the USA trip comes off, then I won't be all that bothered about any others!

At this early stage it is already looking a great year for me, even better than my first coaster season last year.

Trips organised so far:

UK parks

Alton Towers - Will go plenty of times throughout the year, and one new coaster with Thirteen of course! (1)

Flamingoland (8)
Lightwater Valley (5)

California Trip

SFMM (17)
Disneyland Park (4)
California Adventure (2)
Knott's Berry Farm (9)
California's Great America (8)
SFDK (8)

That's how it's looking at the moment and hopefully there maybe even more. There's a possibility of 62 new coasters which is looking fantastic!

^I'm slightly confused. Not that your family situation is anyone's business, but how does your brother's girlfriend being pregnant affect a 27-year-old being "allowed" to do something.

On to the question, I haven't thought too much about it yet. I'll be doing the Euro Live again, but not sure without looking what parks/coasters that includes.

I'd like to try and get to Madrid at some point, since I had to cut my Spain trip this year to just stay around Barcelona.

Park Asterix? Probably a fair to good chance. I really want to head to Paris again this year to see friends, so will try and time it when the park's open this time.

As for UK parks, not a clue really. I should try and get the crappy North Wales coast coasters since they're really close. I would like to get up to Mingoland and Lightwater as well, but will think about that later.

Hmmmm 2010 plans... :?

Learning to drive, clearing out spare room in Grandparents house for living times, rekindling a proper interest in F1, Stereophonics, Coldplay, Oktoberfest and I suppose a couple of theme parks. :roll:

Excellent! The annual topic where everything I list doesn't happen... well I'll start with the confirmed so far:

Alton - 20 March for the Live.
Thorpe / Chessie: At some point during the year. (Thorpe GF depends on whether it's pre-book or not/funds.)

Un-confirmed:

Oakwood. (I say it every year and it still hasn't been done!)
A park near wherever we go for our family holiday. (I'm hoping somewhere in Germany.)

So that's a confirmed total of 1 new coaster. Hoorah.

I should be getting around 36 from both USA Lives this year, as I'll be heading to both.

Kings Dominion
Carowinds
Camden
Worlds of Fun
Silver Dollar City

On top of getting 5 in Florida (1 at USF and 4 at SWO).

And, how could we forget, the new addition at Kennywood!

So.. all in all.. 42 new credits for me this year, moving me up to 255. And who knows.. I might be doing something else this year.

Hmm... I think TusenFryd. Once, and that's if I'm lucky. Doesn't look like we're going anywhere next year, and I'm moving in July/August either way (to Trondheim or Tromsø, that's even further away from anything resembling amusement parks).

But hopefully, I'll get the finances sorted out, and perhaps I'll get a lot of time off in July 2011. Perhaps I'll hit the continent then. Until then... :(

Local Park Visits:

- Castle Amusement Park. Technically it's one of my home-parks, so I usually make it there a few times a year just for fun.

- Knott's Berry Farm. What I consider my "real" home-park, even though I probably go to SFMM more, and Disneyland is closer. I'm planning on re-newing my season pass (which expires in April) and hope to go several times throughout the year...but only if Xcelerator is open.

- Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. This year I did the Summer Funtastic Deal which gives you three park-hoppers over the summer for I think it was $100 (or a little less). It was a great deal, so I definitely plan on doing that again, as well as possibly the 2fer deal (2 parks for the price of one) that they have in the spring.

- Six Flags Magic Mountain. Re-newing my pass, and while 90 minutes away, I still visit a nice amount of times each year (6 visits this year, 6 visits last year)

- Universal Studios Hollywood. Still haven't been! Of course I need my Mummy credit, and the park credit. I was supposed to go this year but it just never happened.

- Legoland California. Same as above, except three credits!

- Scandia Amusement Park? I went in 2008 and got the credits, but I may go again to try out their new drop tower...no plans for it at the moment though.

Small Local-ish Mini-Trips:

- Las Vegas? There is a pretty decent chance I'll make it back to Las Vegas again this year. I still need a kiddie credit there, and I want to ride Big Shot on the Stratosphere and re-ride Speed and Desperado.

- Northern California? I went twice this year (actually typing this in Northern California, SFDK tomorrow!) and three times this year, just because SFDK is so awesome and I have family up here. No plans to visit next year yet, but there's good chance I might.

- Castles n' Coasters? I'm just throwing this one out there randomly. .1% chance I'll go.

And finally, my big trip of the year, taking place during Late June.

- Six Flags New England (9 credits)
- Lake Compounce (4 credits)
- Six Flags Great Adventure (14 credits)
- Dorney Park (8 credits)
- Hershey Park (12 credits)
- Knoebels (4 or 5...c'mon Flying Turns!)
- I may also go to Six Flags America if I finish everything early on my trip. (7 credits)

That adds up to a max. unrealistic total of 67 new credits, then take away some if Flying Turns isn't open, or if other rides are closed, or Castles n' Coasters, or not going to SFA...etc. Still a record-breaking amount of new credits for me.

Well, I have no specific park plans next year. I'll just take what I can, when it happens.

But I would like to get my 100th credit next year...and that is my only goal :)

Well, I plan to finally get to Thorpe Park. Yes, there is a UK member who's never been to Thorpe!!!

Apart from that, to get to as many new places as I can, and to get back to Alton to ride Thirteen if I can. Mingoland a few times too, it's only down the road!

One of my aims for next year is to also get my 100th coaster credit and also visit some new parks - I'd love to finally go to Oakwood as well as Lightwater Valley and Flamingoland. There'll no doubt be the usual visits to Thorpe & Chessington as well as going to Alton to get on Thirteen.

My big trip of 2010 should hopefully be Florida which I'm most looking forward to as when I go Halloween Horror Nights will be on :D

I haven't really given 2010 much thought yet.
I'm really going to take the year as it comes.
I won't be doing as many trips as what I've done in the past. I want to concentrate on saving to go to Australia in 2011.

But, Alton and Thorpe are most certainly going to happen at some point. Don't know about Chessington, may go if I decide to go to GF.

I want to go to Adventure Island at some point in the season, I've put it off for 2 years now, so I must go.

I want to concentrate more on parks outside the UK for 2010.
The Euro Live is happening, so the parks on that.

I'd like to go to Port Aventura and Liseberg at some point as well.

Well next year I'm going to take it as I come As I only plan to do Lisberg really.

Need to concentrate at Uni, Theme parks can wait.

Hmmm, 2010, now's the time to have a think I suppose!

I'd expect we'd probably do Alton, seeing as there's a new coaster there. It better not be jumpy though!
The 'Islands' on the east coast are some I want to do. Well, I want to do Fantasy, but if we're going all that way, its silly not to do both, even if i've done Pleasure, and its nothing special!
I'd like to go to Ghosterforce too, because i've missed the last two years, and I miss Chessington! I don't miss Thorpe, but its part & parcel.

The only Euro park I think we'll do is DLP, as we're taking Dylan while he's still free of charge!

I'd consider Liseberg again though, I love Liseberg, and it'd be cool to do it with some CFers!

I plan on hitting mostly smaller parks from Connecticut to Alabama, with one trip to Texas and Mexico City for the one 'big' trip of the year.

Well, I'm getting a Merlin pass next year, which should give me more freedom to go to parks more often.

I have nothing confirmed, and costs for getting to parks further away from me are too high. Looks like being a poor year for more credits.