What's new

Pink at Alton Towers

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
As you will read from the statement below you will it is not 100% yet but they seem adiment that it will happen:

Tuesday 3rd November 2009 - Pink is set to perform at the Alton Towers Resort on 27th June 2010 as part of her 'Funhouse Summer Carnival Tour'. A spokesman for Alton Towers told the Uttoxeter Advertiser, a local newspaper, that the concert is "subject to licence" and that they will "continue with the licence application and consultation with the appropriate authorities".

Tickets are set to go on sale on 9th November at 10am, available online from Ticketmaster, SeeTickets and The Ticket Factory.

Alton Towers are no strangers to hosting concerts. 'The Ultimate Event', a Christian concert, is held annually at the resort.

http://www.towersnerd.com/news/item.php?id=191

Also this was taken from TowersTimes:

In the 1980's and 90's, many live music concerts were held at Alton Towers. With such a unique backdrop and setting, international stars would grace the lawns of the theme park with thousands of music fans enjoying a combination of live music and rollercoaster rides.

Now, it seems that Alton Towers want to bring this back as P!nk brings her Funhouse Summer Carnival to the Resort in June 2010! Tickets are going on sale, so keep an eye out on the official Alton Towers website for further details - or head over to our forums to discuss this unique event!

P!NK Funhouse Summer Carnival Tour 2010:

Saturday 12 June Reebok Stadium, Bolton
Wednesday 23 June Liberty Stadium, Swansea
Thursday 24 June Ricoh Arena, Coventry
Saturday 26 June Hampden Park, Glasgow
Sunday 27 June Alton Towers Resort, Staffordshire
Tuesday 29 June Portman Road, Ipswich

More news as we get it.
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/news/s...ion=showfull&id=1257256208&archive=&template=

Novas

Mega Poster
It's different, but I'm not a fan of the idea, sounds like a logistical nightmare.

Will they segregate guests or will Pink fans will pay an inflated ticket price to go to a theme park they don't want to visit, and people like us get a hiked up price to visit the park and catch a glimpse of a gig we don't want to see?

Lofty

CF Legend
I think if this does end up happening for deffinite, I will be first in queue, I think she's amazing and combined with the Towers, what can go wrong?

Apart from the queue's that day... Ouch!

marc

CF Legend
Yes want as well, I do think this event will have to be done.

I am hoping pass holders will get 1st picks.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Sounds well good, I've always thought they should have more events there.

That Christian event though is held on a temporary stage which is put up in the car park near Air, you know the one next to the Extraordinary Golf? If they had the stage there (they corner off the area and you can only enter with wristbands) this solves the issue of seperating park guests and peope to see Pink.

However, this means no awesome towers backdrop. (By the way, I didn't go to the Christian thingy, we just happened to be there when it was on once. The park was riddiculously busy)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
When I first say this topic title, I thought "Bloody gays having a day at the Towers."

Then I read it was that Pink, I was even more disgusted.

Ok, so I don't like Pink (yes, you can quote that in your signature if you're goonish enough) but I do love the idea of combining gigs and coasters. AT is a perfect setting for this sort of stuff and it fits right into the whole "resort" theme.

How come they have to quieten down a roller coaster but can hold a pop concert?

If they got the Arctic Monkey's - or an equally as chavvy band - there to do a gig then I'd possibly explode with excitement...but somehow I think if this works out then they'll stick to good old family favourite plastic pop.

Dave

CF Legend
Ian said:
How come they have to quieten down a roller coaster but can hold a pop concert?

The gigs last a day, the rides last years, so the noise is constant.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
If this is going to be a continous thing, with gigs around the year, this is a fantastic piece of news, if it is just a one off for Pink, not so good.

Pop music, or anything upbeat is probably the best to play at a park, but somehow I can see a band like Coldplay playing on the grass infront of the Towers.

yinyang

Mega Poster
This does sounds like a nightmare, and to be honest,the queue times would be hectic, especially for SW6.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
but it will be a revenue winner, and money makes coasters. To me, more parks should look at having small festivals during bank holiday weekends.

Mark

Strata Poster
Oh I am soooooooooo going to be going to this one. Come hell or high water.

P!nk is awesome! put that in Alton and WAHOO!

Rach

Giga Poster
This would be awesome to go to. P!nk is fab.

Tickets go on sale at 10am tomorrow at £45 a shot for P!nk only.

There are P!nk tickets and park tickets available at £63 for a limited time and a host of VIP packages priced between £149 and £189 per person.

Doesn't mention anything about AP holders, but I doubt there will be discounts available.

marc

CF Legend
Have the plans been approved though? I can see locals stopping this and thats what worries me about getting the tickets.