Goes up the lift.

Pushed out via friction wheel

Goes down drop

Sploosh

Floats back to station

How about No?

Emmett

Giga Poster
I think the pov doesn't do it any justice at all, it appears short and seems like there is not much splash at the end. It looks much better from the off ride video though. The lift section looks good.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ben, you may not have been over here to ride White Water Landing, but it had the same skim across the water and it really made the ride fun. You could feel the boat bouncing across the water and you seemed to travel further at a faster speed. It wasn't one of those soakers either. You could get on the ride and get off with a misting instead of a shower.

Oo, that's a big splash actually.

I dunno, it looks fun, and also, Dave, although it's not as steep as Hydro, it still is like, the same concept so what are you sitting there saying "no" for?

Jools

Giga Poster
Dave said:
Jools said:
Is this classed as a coaster?

Lets see...

Floats from station to lift.

Goes up the lift.

Pushed out via friction wheel

Goes down drop

Sploosh

Floats back to station

How about No?

So now officially, none of the Journey To Atlantis' are coasters :x daymn

marc

CF Legend
This is different to the Atlantis rides, they are coasters as Mack say they are and they have track. This has no coaster track at all its just a water ride.

Dave

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Oo, that's a big splash actually.

I dunno, it looks fun, and also, Dave, although it's not as steep as Hydro, it still is like, the same concept so what are you sitting there saying "no" for?

Hydro is different, it has a lift hill, pre-drop, turnaround, 76 degree drop, splashdown, floats back to station. Bit different ;)

coasterboy

Mega Poster
BTW, I've emailed Holiday World to check if that splash was the finished product or if the splashdown pool needed filling up more. I'l post the reply when I get it.

^^ This has a lift too, only a different style lift, so what is your point? Lifthills aren't anything to brag about, so I dunno why you're acting like Hydro's is bomb, and the fact that it floats back to the station is hardly bomb either.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
rollerdude said:
I'll stand with what Robb said a few posts below...

To all of you who have made negative comments so far -

Unless your comment starts with something to the tune of "I just rode and here are my thoughts..."

I'm basically ignoring everything you all have to say, and I would reccomend others to do the same.

You can't pass judgement on a ride until you ride it, and I would dismiss all comments from someone who hasn't.

Quite right. Unless you've been on it, you're entitled to no opinion whatsoever. Since nobody on here has tired it yet, I suppose we should shut up and lock the topic? No negative comments unless you've ridden it! Is that clear? I think I'll go in and change the CF rules while we're at it, so we can follow that shining example of what makes a healthy discussion.

Feel free to disagree with me, but I will ignore you, and probably delete your posts.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Will we be seeing a lot more of these elevator lifts now Intamin have built one? I believe Vertigo at Walibi World had one, are there any more around? They save a lot of space, but i guess they're expensive.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I reckon it looks really good actually. I love those really long drops, I find them great fun. Hydro doesn't do much for me, because it's too steep and too fast. You don't enjoy the anticipation of heading towards the soaking.

If I want to go on a steep drop, Oblivion is a much better all weather option :p

So, I like it. I like the lift idea and I would enjoy the drop.

Sadly, I've never been on the ride, so expect this post to vanish (or is it okay because it's positive?)

coasterboy

Mega Poster
Just got a reply from Holiday World-

Hi Jarrett -

Thank you for your email.

Yes, the Pilgrims Plunge splash pool is at its designated capacity. We are still working in tweaking the wave.

Keep watching our blog and tweets to learn more.

Sylvia Seger

Public Relations Assistant