What's new

Pigs in a Blanket =]

nealbie

CF Legend
Now for those American members out there, when I say "Pigs in a Blanket" I'm not talking about a hot dog sausage wrapped in pastry, I am of course talking about the festive food that accompanys the Chritmas Roast here in what you like to call the United Kingdom of England-land :lol:

I mean the man (or woman) who had the idea of wrapping pork sausage meat in bacon was a bloody genius! I'm sitting here smelling the things and I just simply can't wait for my Xmas dinner now! :--D

Ollie

CF Legend
I love them. I took about four for my Christmas Dinner and was sad when I asked for more but they had all been eaten. :(

nadroJ

CF Legend
My dad made ours and they weren't cooked for long enough so they sucked and were all pale and gross =[

tks

Strata Poster
Who the hell calls them pigs in a blanket? i've never heard that in my lifeuntil now.

But yeh LOVE them. I'd eat them all year round, but it would ruin xmas.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They've always been pigs in blankets - a Pig (as in pork) wrapped in a blanket (bacon).

They are delicious! I overload my plate with them for xmas dinner, but I do eat and enjoy them throughout the rest of the year.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I love them, had loads of them on Christmas Day but I never ate them at any other time of year. Although you can probably try and make your own but I would make a mess of it.

Mack

Mega Poster
We know what pigs in a blanket are!
You don't have to act like we're clueless. :shock: