What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

peep

CF Legend
That looks insanely accurate from what I can tell. I noticed those trims on a construction pic or two last night which is annoying, could kill some potential air time.

Looks like fun though.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
peep said:
That looks insanely accurate from what I can tell. I noticed those trims on a construction pic or two last night which is annoying, could kill some potential air time.
I noticed those as well and was a discussion point with the 2 bants boys at the weekend. I'm not surprised they are there, they just need to only slow whats absolutely necessary as to not kill the pacing.

peep

CF Legend
From what I can tell those trims are to slow the train down before going back towards the station. I suppose it's so the actual final brake run isn't so harsh? Time will tell.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

_koppen

Hyper Poster
1V0M2ob.jpeg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
That's a surprisingly sober coaster, I'd say. No grand drops or funky inversions or spectacular whatnots, just fast and snappy action close to the ground/themeing the entire time. Sort of like the most epic family coaster ever.

Then again, Rita does something similar, and has done for many years now, albeit on a different scale. And come to think of it, Formula Rossa is almost like that too, although that one's quite huge and lacks any sort of themeing.

Hutch

Strata Poster
If there isn't any rattle during the ride, and the turns whip you around with good laterals and negatives, this ride could be gold. Already wanted to go to Phantasialand, especially for Black Mamba, and this gives me another reason to go!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Pokemaniac said:
That's a surprisingly sober coaster, I'd say. No grand drops or funky inversions or spectacular whatnots, just fast and snappy action close to the ground/themeing the entire time. Sort of like the most epic family coaster ever.

Then again, Rita does something similar, and has done for many years now, albeit on a different scale. And come to think of it, Formula Rossa is almost like that too, although that one's quite huge and lacks any sort of themeing.

This is exactly what I think it'll be now! Im almost certain they are making it a family thrill coaster rather than an intense Maverick like ride, if they were we'd probably have seen an inversion or a very sharp airtime hill by now. For a family coaster this will be world class and possibly the best in the world.

I think its quite likely we'll see lap bars so they can have a 1.2m height restriction to allow younger riders on if its going to be a family coaster. Rita may be similar but its high 1.4m height restriction means its more of an 'adult' thrill coaster as pre teens are about the youngest people who are able to ride.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
cjbrandy said:
Pokemaniac said:

This is exactly what I think it'll be now! Im almost certain they are making it a family thrill coaster rather than an intense Maverick like ride, if they were we'd probably have seen an inversion or a very sharp airtime hill by now. For a family coaster this will be world class and possibly the best in the world.

I think its quite likely we'll see lap bars so they can have a 1.2m height restriction to allow younger riders on if its going to be a family coaster. Rita may be similar but its high 1.4m height restriction means its more of an 'adult' thrill coaster as pre teens are about the youngest people who are able to ride.
But just because something has lap bars doesn't make it a family coaster. Formula Ross has lap bars but I wouldn't call that a family coaster.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
owentaylor121 said:
cjbrandy said:
Pokemaniac said:

But just because something has lap bars doesn't make it a family coaster. Formula Ross has lap bars but I wouldn't call that a family coaster.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I know, but lap bars tend to allow for shorter height restrictions which is more accessible for families

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ That is very true, height requirements are always top of mind, especially trying to open up ride height as much as possible. Cedar Point hoped to allow for 50" (1.27 meters) with Maverick's OTSRs, though ultimately had to go with 52" (1.32 meters), for the same purpose of allowing thrill-seeking children to ride.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
cjbrandy said:
[Im almost certain they are making it a family thrill coaster rather than an intense Maverick like ride, if they were we'd probably have seen an inversion or a very sharp airtime hill by now.

It's very hard to say at this stage. Remember that it will have the most intense magnetic launch in the world and is rumored to go to 130km/h.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Yeah, I think whether the coaster is "family thrill" or "high thrill" will depend upon mostly the speed of the launch, but also the intensity. Even though most of the ride is made up of twists and not inversions, these could be very forceful and snappy with a fast launch speed. Add in all the theming and probable near misses, this coaster could be insane! I can't wait.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it doesn't go upside down and it doesn't go super-high. That's two quite common criteria for "scaryness" taken away, so I guess it will be a hit with the families. It's fast and snappy, sure, but it's hard to point a finger at a specific thing about this ride that would make the non-thrill-seekers shy away from it.

The force of the launch will only impact how people feel about it after riding it, but it probably won't turn anybody away. If anything, that would take some heavy marketing building up the launch as something big and scary.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
If this turns out to not have inversions after all it wouldn't be a problem. The layout is already a great looking tangled mess, we know the speed is going to be 130kmh (about the same top speed as Stealth) and it looks far better than Cheetah Hunt. I havent rode CH and it looks alright but it in my opinion the layout could have been a lot more exciting and space efficent. I can already tell this is going to have some fun, snappy and forceful turns and there is some steep overbanks in there which flirt with inverting.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^This looks more comparable to Maverick than Cheetah Hunt in my opinion. This seems to be more about snappy turns and quick transitions than twisty, airtimey playfulness like Cheetah Hunt. Like the theming, though. A lot. Can't wait to see the real POV!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^This looks more comparable to Maverick than Cheetah Hunt in my opinion. This seems to be more about snappy turns and quick transitions than twisty, airtimey playfulness like Cheetah Hunt. Like the theming, though. A lot. Can't wait to see the real POV!