What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

UP87

Mega Poster
The transition looks really bad. I‘d prefer a hard cut. The grey is the foundation for another rusty wall. I think they started like that on the painted building, as well.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
My fingers are crossed and I trust in Phantasia that it probably isn't finished, and will have more detailing to be added.
I'm very doubtful a park with such high quality finishes will leave this in it's current state.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
My fingers are crossed and I trust in Phantasia that it probably isn't finished, and will have more detailing to be added.
I'm very doubtful a park with such high quality finishes will leave this in it's current state.

Have you actually seen the park from the outside? It looks terrible, that’s part of the magic of Phantasialand though, horrific exterior, beautiful interior.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Looking closer seems they've started with installing the fencing and rails along the public spaces and paths inside the area.
Beside Hotel Tower 5 on the edge looking out over Rookburgh, and situated directly under part of the Zero-G Roll, is a small circular viewing platform with the metal frame for a dome cover/roof overhead.
Also on this left side of the 1st launch bridge/gantry in front of the factory facades of the pre-lift building behind Maus au Chocolat - there is a small half open green dome. Looks almost a bit like an observatory. With the station and queue being underground in this part of the area I wonder if this structure perhaps is the entrance to F.L.Y.?

An overview of the street side hotel entrance.
http://instagr.am/p/B-UltYlBymv/

keeprunnin

Roller Poster
I think the inclined railroad track on top of the launch is supposed to look like one of those bascule briges that fold upwards in order to let a ship pass underneath them. Here, the locomotive has to stop and let F.L.Y. pass through.

operateur

Roller Poster
Starting to get worried, its seems to be all different styles put together. not like a uniform steampunk style/theming
but thats just my look at it ofc

Trax

Hyper Poster
Well, I have to admit, my hypetrain got derailed when they started to build this ugly piece of exterior wall. But Phantasialand was like "on more thing" and everytime i go there, the brown, rusty, pimple looks uglier and uglier, they keep outdoing themself.
The interior looks like Klugheim 2, with a few interactions with the pathes, but most of it being not accesible and on gravel. But Klugheim features not only impressive, but visual pleasing and unusual rockwork, with lots of character and depths in its buildings. Rookburgh features big walls with little depth and just a blend look, and does not appear like a single concept, but several styles randomly mixed together. A little bit like 5 people planned it, everyone his/her own areal and they did not talk to each other at all.

I am quite certain that the ride will be fun, I love the new floating layouts Vekoma does, and with the flying position, it might give a cool feeling going over and under the structures. But overall, it feels like a worse version of the Klugheim concept. Less depth, leth character and less soul, but more concrete. It even has a village square, an overbank after it's first launch, a more intense second half, an s-curve into a curve into a curved drop into the second launch, and focusses more an transitions and interaction than intensity or airtime. And did i mentioned the second, very photogenic overbanked turn?

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Have to see from the inside and ride the coaster itself to give my final judgement but based on exterior alone I think I'd rather go back to Hotel Matamba or try that Chinese one if I was staying onsite again. I actually thought the white building between the Berlin entrance and Rookburgh was going to be the new hotel when I was there last year. No idea what's in there, offices? Thought the white exterior suited that sort of aviator style more or maybe a nice blue would have been nice. The rusty steampunk stuff I'm really not so sure about. Can't say I hate it but I definitely don't love the look either.

operateur

Roller Poster
Victorian steampunk architecture much more expensive and time consuming than just metal panels I would imagine. Lets wait and see. Adding a pipe won't hurt tho :D

Trax

Hyper Poster
A single pipe won't do it, we need some more :)
Of course we can only judge once it's done, but everything I saw until now, looks worse then Klugheim did back then.