What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Wasn't it rumoured early on this hotel will be on land on the opposite side of the entrance road? Would have been connected directly with Rookburgh with a tunnel?

Obviously, plans may have changed but would surely make more sense than squishing it into an already compact area?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Wasn't it rumoured early on this hotel will be on land on the opposite side of the entrance road? Would have been connected directly with Rookburgh with a tunnel?

Obviously, plans may have changed but would surely make more sense than squishing it into an already compact area?
Do they even own that land? I thought they'd been trying to use that land on the other side of the road forever but they still can't. I'd also imagine they'd be construction going on over the road if that were the case but I haven't heard of that happening.

(Edit: Not sure if you mean the car park opposite the entrance. Don't think they can afford to lose that tbh if I'm understanding the whole parking issues correctly)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Do they even own that land? I thought they'd been trying to use that land on the other side of the road forever but they still can't. I'd also imagine they'd be construction going on over the road if that were the case but I haven't heard of that happening.
Fair point, I believe they were eyeing up land currently occupied by one of the car parks there but unsure.

roff

Roller Poster
The other side of the road is partly used by a newly built event-location and also part of the expansion area that Phantasialand wants to acquire for years now, but doesn't own.
Why would it make more sense to build a hotel that is advertised as being in the heart of rookburgh and intertwined with FLY outside of rookburgh on the other side of the street?

taron1175

Roller Poster

(Edit: Not sure if you mean the car park opposite the entrance. Don't think they can afford to lose that tbh if I'm understanding the whole parking issues correctly)

what you mean is another hotel.
It should be a hotel with a water park.
but that can only happen when the phantasialand may expand.
From the sketches it looks more like a replacement for the tents.

Ethan

Strata Poster
what you mean is another hotel.
It should be a hotel with a water park.
but that can only happen when the phantasialand may expand.
From the sketches it looks more like a replacement for the tents.
I'm not sure what you're on about tbh but I mean exactly what I said in my previous post.

[ Bear ]

Roller Poster
I found a couple of new pictures on the Coasterbot discord server, posted by Winter Schneck.
QOOA5bv.jpg

Q36LqRP.jpg

They started creating a new building on the left side of the area. Looking at the shape and size of the foundation I think there is a big chance the hotel will be here.

Both launches are facing towards the foundation, so maybe some trackpieces will go over or underneath the hotel structure. Underneath the arch for example:
qwLiMis.png

Ethan

Strata Poster
New theming! <3 I always forgot how big the site actually is, it's huge! Looks like they'll be room for a themed world big and enclosed enough to be completely immersive.

UP87

Mega Poster
The other side of the road is partly used by a newly built event-location and also part of the expansion area that Phantasialand wants to acquire for years now, but doesn't own.
As far as I know the area opposite the main entrance is the only car park owned by the park. It‘s used mainly for staff and for the dinner show Fantissima. So it‘s needed.

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
When can American parks start using layering and building hotels INSIDE of their parks?
Once they run out of space I'd say. Phantasialand has to be creative with their space because they don't really have any. (Most) American parks however have plenty of room to work with and because of that might not always choose to do it the hard way.