The best way for park payment is

• Pay-per-ride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pay-one-price

• Pay-to-enter & Pay-per-ride

• Total voters
I think that if a park is like Disney, where just being in the park is part of the experience, it should be pay once, whereas more amusement type parks should be free entry and a wristband (or pay per ride).

Apart from the "resort" style parks: Disney etc., I don't see why more parks can't give their guests more options when it comes to visiting. To be honest, I think the new Blackpool system sounds ok, though £5 is a little too much. If the price was around £2-3, it would be a lot fairer.

I'm basing this on the way that most Asian parks operate. A lot of them have either free entry, or a low gate price. Guests then have a variety of ride ticket options including pay-per-ride, 5-ride ticket (for example) or a wristband/all inclusive option.

It works!

Take Tokyo Dome City as just one example. In the evenings, the place has an amazing atmosphere as friends go there to hang out after school/work, get something to eat and maybe ride a coaster or two. They're having a good time and spending money in shops, bars and restaurants.

If they had to buy an all inclusive ticket (they could if they wanted to though), they wouldn't go. The park would be busy at weekends and during school holidays, when people are going for the whole day, but would lose out on money during a normal week.

I like what Fujikyu does:
(Many other Japanese parks do the same thing.)

They offer a choice:

Pay One Price (Roughly $45, IIRC)

or

Pay for admission + pay per ride (like $5 to get in and between $1 and $8 per ride)

Either way, you pay to walk in the door, but if you don't want to ride, you're not paying for rides you don't use.

I've actually paid my way in both ways, POP if I was there to ride all day, and PA+PPR if I was there for a construction update. That way I only paid to ride the ferris wheel. $5 + $5 was way better than $45 just to take a couple pictures.

Every park I went to, I'd weigh the option of which was more economical for me.

...and that's what I get for not reading EVERY post before responding. I echo what someone just said.
:lol:

I'd say pay one price, as I do re ride a lot in a day unless its busy. Even in busy peak times I still think I'd prefer pay one price as it gets rid of all the hassle. I also think that the free entry and per ride, is good for if you want to go in and film, but for me it will always be on price on the door, even if the park is busy, I just like to lose the hassle, and also i have had on occasion had to keep a receipt and lucky I did as some wristbands start to deteriorate through the day and the ride ops dont believe you've bought it yourself etc.

I think it all depends what park you go to tbh.

Places like Alton, Thorpe etc pay once works.

For me Chessington, Flamingoland, Lightwater would be better using pay per ride.

Martyn B said:
Therefore, pay-per-ride is the best and fairest option for me.

It makes it cheaper when credit whoring

With all due respect, aren't we ment to be theme park entusiasts? All people seem to do nowadays is go to a park, get the coaster credit, and leave.

With all due respect, sometimes it's very difficult to be enthusiastic about a park such as Treasure Island in Stourport-on-Severn or Clarence Pier in Southsea where it's effectively a bit of concrete with dodgems and an apple coaster.

Before Blackpool introduced it's current pricing system, even though I always paid for a wristband, I would go and still ride only three rides through choice - it would have been cheaper for me to pay-per-ride but I still stayed all day and had amazing times.

That's why I prefer pay-per-ride. It allows me to be as enthusiastic as the park and my mood allows, yet be flexible.

Hmmm, I have mixed views on this.

Pay-per-ride is great in smaller parks where you only want to go on a few rides, such as nabbing a credit or such. But I do prefer pay once as it allows you perhaps more value for money and you don't need to worry about how much each ride is.

Pay once.

Pay-one-price is the best for one simple reason: if it's a day where there's NOBODY in the park, pay-one-price allows you to completely go [censored] WILD! If it's pay-per-ride, then the walk-on capacity is made significantly more bittersweet.