What's new

Paultons | Raptor/FotP | Vekoma Junior Boomerang/SFC

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, kids really don't give a **** if it looks real or not, all they see is 'Oh, look, a dinosaur, yay!', so it really doesn't matter the quality of these.

Ben

CF Legend
This is Paultons we're talking about here.

Lets not lose sight of that.

Paultons.

These are **** cool for Paultons.

nealbie

CF Legend
But Ben. Disney+ standard or bust. This is the only correct measure for ALL parks. :p

This is fab. Yay Paultons.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Better dinosaurs aren't the answer here, none were. They undermine the quality of the scenery. They look daft.

...or, better idea, have the dinosaurs separate, all together. Like that BS Cedar Fair do. That would be OK.

There is no "good for paultons" comment needed here because the rockwork is genuinely outstanding.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Sandman

Giga Poster
This work is just fantastic. I love the dinosaurs too.

People seem to think that realism is always the aim and that in order for something to be good it has to be realistic. Well, I hugely disagree. Those dinosaurs will create a sense of other worldliness and adventure to the kids and generally families that visit. I can imagine the sense of adventure I would have felt as a kid, seeing lots of different things happening in and around those coasters. It intensifies the experience. I'm glad they move a little and make some noise too.

I'm already imagining all the great photo opportunities this will create for the young ones.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Joey said:
Other than the off the shelf fibreglass dinosaurs, this looks outstanding.

Anyone know who the design company is? (Ian?) I believe RockArt is the sculptor?
The design company is RMA. Same people who did Peppa World and Thomas Land.

Although others have already mentioned that some dinos will move etc, music and sound effects will be played throughout the land. And not everything is off the shelf here - some themed items have been custom designed, with a couple of bits from eBay! I'll tell all in my report after press day.

I think everybody will be genuinely impressed when they see it in real life. When I visted last month, it was about 70% finished and it looked great. Ok, I admit I'm slightly biased because it's my childhood/local park, but if you're not seriously impressed and don't think it matches, or even surpasses, the early Tussaud stuff, well you're too hard to please.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, so they're doing a two day press event, with a few of us there tomorrow (CREDS YES)

So, keep an eye on Social Media tomorrow for full and complete coverage! I believe videos will then be on YT ASAP too.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
How can you have a kids themed dinosaur area...without dinosaurs? Go home Joey ;p

Yeah this looks fab, can't wait to see it in person. We'll done Paultons.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
DelPiero said:
Press Day today at the park, I'm sure Ian will be there.
He was indeed!

It'll be covered on CF's social media tomorrow (we have other stuff today...), but for a sneaky look, check out my Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ianmbell

It's really good. You know how proper theme parks have separate front row queues and ride ops that do the thumbs up thing before dispatch, well Paultons has that now. They're a proper theme park.

FotP is really good - loads of footchoppers.

Anyway, I have a few videos to do and then nurse my sun burnt head before heading back tomorrow.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Ian said:
but for a sneaky look, check out my Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ianmbell
Funnily enough I was chatting to a work colleague today who asked for some recommendations for their 3 yr old nephew, first place I told her was Paultons, and Chessington wasn't mentioned.
Gullivers need to take note of what's happening down south, as they could do the same as Paultons have and be onto a winner in their regions.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, here's a forum exclusive! These videos are currently unlisted on YT and will go live later this evening. Feel free to share them on your social mediay thingys.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RdAi785ZrU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVim1k-xgJ4[/youtube]

witchfinder

Giga Poster
The theming on both rides looks amazing. The boomerang looks a bit slow on the backwards journey, which is the same criticism I have of the one at Drayton Manor, and I think they've missed a trick by not putting a dinosaur model at the top end of the track, but otherwise everything looks great!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I absolutely love this new area! It's crazy how such a small park have installed something of such good quality! My only complaint is the flooring! It's all tarmac! It would look so much better if It was slightly themed flooring too, however that might change soon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm sorry but those dinosaurs really enhance that area, if they wasn't there it wouldn't portray that narrative as well. The whole area is so impressive and hopefully will give CWoA a kick up their arse.