What's new

Paultons Park building a new indoor attraction

Matt N

CF Legend
It would appear that Paultons Park has begun construction on a new indoor attraction of some description:
Some sources are suggesting that it is to be an interactive dark ride, but I don’t know whether this is confirmed or just a rumour.

There are construction banners talking about “paranormal activity” and “spectre apprehension”, which would infer a spooky theme of some form.

What do we reckon to this? It’s certainly a very unexpected development, for my money, and I think a new indoor attraction would be a great addition to round out Paultons’ lineup!

Niles

Giga Poster
Fantastic news, not only is a dark ride one of the things on my wish list for Paultons it looks like its down their main street taking over what was the 4d cinema building so this is separate from whatever they have planned for the Cobra area.

Cannot wait to see what exactly we are getting in this space.

Bowser

Mega Poster
Very exciting. Love that they've kept it quiet too. Hopefully it is a proper Dark Ride but seems odd nothing was spotted during the Christmas season.

Telc2015

Roller Poster
Saw this today too. Definitely something going on. Also over by Edge they have a stack of metal fencing near the portacabins. I think they’re about to get busy on something over that way

Telc2015

Roller Poster
Very exciting. Love that they've kept it quiet too. Hopefully it is a proper Dark Ride but seems odd nothing was spotted during the Christmas season.
We were here on Dec 16 and there was nothing going on there. That’s where the grotto entrance was

Bowser

Mega Poster
What a coup it would be if they had a trackless Dark Ride, though i'm probably getting carried away. Never actually went in the old 4D cinema so no idea of the space they're working with. Theoretically they are easier/faster to build than their tracked equivalents?

Hope it's not a 3D glasses number either way.

Niles

Giga Poster
So from the image linked at the top it looks like its the building that connects to the old 4d cinema, looks like most of the building apart from this little end piece.
21.jpg
1.PNG

Now this is a big if, as I'm not sure what will be used but just going on what outside parts are being worked on, and assuming that the insides to the the back of the building would be used, and it goes all the way from this bit of façade to the 4d cinema entrance at the end. Its around a 760 m² of space. If the whole building was to be used even bigger.
1.PNG

If this is a dark ride its great to have it right at the entrance, this little main street area was looking a bit old last time I went so hopefully this will give it a spruce up.

Last edited:

Coastiesaurus

Roller Poster
Definitely looks to be an interactive attraction with guns - the first picture of the link that OP linked to definitely has a gun graphic in it.

Personally I would have preferred a more traditional dark ride with no guns but given the demographic that Paultons is appealing to it’ll undoubtedly be a good addition to their lineup.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Definitely looks to be an interactive attraction with guns - the first picture of the link that OP linked to definitely has a gun graphic in it.

Personally I would have preferred a more traditional dark ride with no guns but given the demographic that Paultons is appealing to it’ll undoubtedly be a good addition to their lineup.
"Spectre Apprehension In Operation"

Interactive / shooting dark ride with a ghostbusters like theme?

If it turns out to be something like a modern ETF trackless, then I don't think it is a bad fit for the park at all. Would make a nice addition, and with other (UK) parks ripping them out or losing interest in maintaining them, could end up being quite unique for them.