What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Trax

Hyper Poster
Hoping that I will end the train/track discussion with that:
Intamin has done some changes to the new trackstyle compared to the first coasters built. Mainly, the cones connecting the backbone to the track have been replaced by metal cut plates.
I guess that this saves some efforts in manufacturing, as those plates can be easily cut out from a sheet of metal, while the cones are more difficult to manufature. In addition, the track connectors where updated.
It is not that unusual for a manufacturer to do some changes throughout the lifecycle of a product. Mack for example has updated the backbone in their track a while ago, Gerstlauer has changed the shape of the seats a bit.

As of now, it appears that the old style trains are most likely, but to be honest, I don't find them to be much worse than the new ones. And if the layout is good, I will enjoy this coaster regardless of the train-style.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Intamin has done some changes to the new trackstyle compared to the first coasters built. Mainly, the cones connecting the backbone to the track have been replaced by metal cut plates.
I guess that this saves some efforts in manufacturing, as those plates can be easily cut out from a sheet of metal, while the cones are more difficult to manufature. In addition, the track connectors where updated.
It is not that unusual for a manufacturer to do some changes throughout the lifecycle of a product. Mack for example has updated the backbone in their track a while ago, Gerstlauer has changed the shape of the seats a bit.

As of now, it appears that the old style trains are most likely, but to be honest, I don't find them to be much worse than the new ones. And if the layout is good, I will enjoy this coaster regardless of the train-style.
^ I mean, that doesn't really end the discussion, but ok ;)

Personally, given the track style and some other things, my bet is on new-gen trains/lapbars, but obviously nobody here knows for sure and there's a 50% chance I'm wrong. Saying that, it's Parque Warner, so maybe something about this coaster has to be inferior, right? Otherwise I can't see it fitting in with the rest of the park's line up.

Trax

Hyper Poster
The older trains fit on the new track, as the width is identical, but the new trains can't fit on this specific track. The track style does not indicate the trainstyle, Taron and Taiga use the new trains with the old (albeit visually modified) triangular track style - BUT the positioning of the LSMs/Brakefins was moved to accomodate for the new train layout.

@JFranks The "old" trains also feature pressure to the wheels, but (ofc) I am not able to judge how much it is compared to the new ones.

Edit: To not generate another new post without news: The older trains were eventually updated to feature Lap bars, so I am quite certain that we will have lap bars to enjoy.

Last edited:

JFranks

Mega Poster

If this is to come true, I believe they had to modify them a bit to add dampers or "suspension" to the wheels like the new train style has to remove rattling and make it smoother. I don't see why Intamin would go back to completely replicate their old trains which I find in some cases rough and rattle a lot. The possibility of being a last gen train, or a revision model of the new one is still a possibility so that really doesn't clear up anything, we will have to see it first for ourselves.

Anyway, I think we can all agree they won't be adding their over-the-shoulder restrains in a new-gen airtime-based Intamin roller coaster right? I know this is more of a park preference but damn, if they ever thought of that, they destroyed 80% of the experience, at least for me cuz I´m tall. Pretty sure Intamin recommends just using the new gen lap bars.

Matt N

CF Legend
How do Intamin’s old lap bar trains differ compared to their new ones, out of interest? I didn’t think there was any notable difference, so I’m intrigued to know that there are apparently differences.

JFranks

Mega Poster
How do Intamin’s old lap bar trains differ compared to their new ones, out of interest? I didn’t think there was any notable difference, so I’m intrigued to know that there are apparently differences.
what do u mean exactly? I think of the old trains as cheetah hunt´s or maverick´s, and new as pantheon´s, velocicoaster´s or Taron´s.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yes and no. The trains are usually a very well optimised piece of the coaster. Sure, you can make it kind of modular (like Intamin does with the seat height), but moving the very base of the train is quite a big deal. And I don’t think that any customer (especially not PR) would request the LSM modules to be in a specific place just to have them there. Some parks might care a lot about aesthetics (looking at you, Phantasialand), but even those wouldn’t demand a manufacturer to move around LSM modules.

I wouldn’t completely rule out that we might see a modified, updated version of the new trains, but as of now it appears that we might get the older train design - which is still a good train, but worse than the newer ones.

The customer likely would not make this request - instead something like this would be driven by a feature or gimmick attributed to that specific ride (i.e. Sandy's Blasting Bronco's turntable drives the stators to be set on the midplane). Intamin would obviously be aware of this, among other capabilities of their products, and would likely have a hole pattern in the chassis such that they can just shift their train mounted fins to where the ride itself dictates. That's the point of a modular design - do the engineering work for multiple scenarios once.

Matt N

CF Legend
what do u mean exactly? I think of the old trains as cheetah hunt´s or maverick´s, and new as pantheon´s, velocicoaster´s or Taron´s.
I thought people were implying that the likes of Altair and Red Fire had a different style of Intamin lap bar train to the ones used from Taron onwards, and I was intrigued to know the difference between the older Intamin lap bar trains and the newer ones.

But if I’m wrong there, just ignore my comment.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I thought people were implying that the likes of Altair and Red Fire had a different style of Intamin lap bar train to the ones used from Taron onwards, and I was intrigued to know the difference between the older Intamin lap bar trains and the newer ones.

But if I’m wrong there, just ignore my comment.
No you're right, there is a difference. The new ones are a bit meatier and overall a little more comfortable as your weight is pushed against a larger surface area.

New ones:
2Y2A8151_ret-1170x658.jpg

Old ones, notice the bar is thinner.
279073354_2927734634183260_2299677479306610925_n.jpg

JFranks

Mega Poster
No you're right, there is a difference. The new ones are a bit meatier and overall a little more comfortable as your weight is pushed against a larger surface area.

New ones:
2Y2A8151_ret-1170x658.jpg

Old ones, notice the bar is thinner.
279073354_2927734634183260_2299677479306610925_n.jpg
oh ok, u meant that. yeah no, I think if they were to add any lap bar, they would use the new one for sure regardless of the trains. especially with this airtime-centered rollercoaster!

Last edited:

StevenX

Roller Poster
This is looking pretty good - if it's half as good as Velocicoaster we're in for a treat!

I'm actually heading to Madrid in September/October and thinking about a visit. I didn't go last time as there's not much there of interest - although I did enjoy Deja Vu at SFMM when it was there, so I'd be keen to give Stunt Drop a whirl - but my mate's keen to go, and it does seem that the Halloween event is on from October 1st (the day we'd probably go). Has anyone done the Halloween event and is it worth going? What are the lines like? I see it's open 'til midnight; I'd hope we wouldn't need to spend the whole night there, but knowing what e.g. HHN is like, I can imagine it being pretty crowded...

Now wishing we'd done this trip in 2023 of course, seeing the construction photos!

JFranks

Mega Poster
This is looking pretty good - if it's half as good as Velocicoaster we're in for a treat!

I'm actually heading to Madrid in September/October and thinking about a visit. I didn't go last time as there's not much there of interest - although I did enjoy Deja Vu at SFMM when it was there, so I'd be keen to give Stunt Drop a whirl - but my mate's keen to go, and it does seem that the Halloween event is on from October 1st (the day we'd probably go). Has anyone done the Halloween event and is it worth going? What are the lines like? I see it's open 'til midnight; I'd hope we wouldn't need to spend the whole night there, but knowing what e.g. HHN is like, I can imagine it being pretty crowded...

Now wishing we'd done this trip in 2023 of course, seeing the construction photos!
Guys!!!! Soon we will officially know the height of the top hat and it’s looking pretty good. I bet it’s 45m, what do u think?!!!

Last edited:

JFranks

Mega Poster
Halloween event it’s pretty cool but nothing crazy. They just made a brand new terror passage themed to the IT IP. They got a couple of decent scare zones and great night rides! So if ur up to it and are around definitely go check it out! Also Stunt Fall runs pretty well and has no seatbelt, my favourite in the park (until this one opens of course hahahaha) @StevenX

Last edited:

JFranks

Mega Poster
3468A3C1-A6F4-43AB-A5AD-70CB2B7347D8.jpeg

Looking good!!! Let’s see what element goes after that inclined launch!! Also spike about to be finished.
1659207011388.png
Source: @obras_pw

Last edited: